Ware v The Woolwich/Barclays ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Would just to advise you that our settlement letter for our first claim with Barclays arrived this morning - offering us £7,055, on a claim of £5,000 plus the interest. Have accepted this and now just waiting for it to be put into my account. We've WON!!!!!!!:D

Everyone, I would like to thank you all for your help and advice when I found things tough going. We can now be added to the successful claims section

*CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE*

Though do not understand why it took 7 months for Barclays to pay up!!

What happened between February and now!!

DS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the thread from start to finish - what a comedy of errors! But congratulations on your patience and your victory!!

nickyc

nickyc

26.06.07 Prelim letter sent

02.07.07 Acknowledgement received

12.07.07 LBA sent

28.07.07 Received Barclays standard OFT letter

29.07.07 Lost it :?

14.08.07 Recovered and back on track :)

Though do not understand why it took 7 months for Barclays to pay up!!

What happened between February and now!!

What happened was that Barclays applied to have the judgement overturned, as they had apparently defended and said that MCOL did not appear to have received it. The letter from DL Piper was sent by mistake and they then retracted it via another letter.

Our Court date then was given as 31st July, so I just sat and waited, prepared my Court packs and then emailed Barclays asking if they wanted to settle, after a bit of toing and froing, I eventually got confirmation that they would be sending out a settlement letter this week, I mailed Kate Ashton yesterday to say that I still hadn't received anything and she advised that it had been sent out and could she check my address, funny that, as my bounced DD's all seem to arrive at the right one!

Anyway, I asked her to attach it to an email, which she did and voila, we have settled!

I agree Caro, a very long, but successful wait for my turn :)

• 1 month later...