Bailiff coming in the Morning _ Help Urgently Needed!

niterider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My son has had several encounters with DRAKE, they even clamped my car once as a lien for my son to pay a fine which was not even down to him! we had to call the police and they were useless and on Drakes side.

We got the police to do a check on our vehicle and they agreed it was nothing to do with my son and eventually they unclamped my car.We as the consumers are really up against these organisation and receive rough justice.They are the worlds worst for dealing with.

Regards

DS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, just one small but very, very important point - a bailiff IS ALLOWED to remove a car from your driveway but not from a locked garage.

If possible, if you know the bailiffs are coming get the car out of there! Alternatively you can chain up the gates to the driveway - they cannot physically damage them and break in unless they have a walking possession agreement so NEVER sign anything - you have no legal obligation to do so!

I presume the car was on a hire purchase agreement!

As long as your car is on a private drive or a garage they are not permitted to take the car. There is a relevant section in the Consumer Credit Act. I was not aware of this when the bailiffs came and took my car then they lied and lied to cover up there wrong doing. If they had been found at fault they would have lost their licence to operate and possible VW would have been in mega trouble fincially with the OFT.

It is hard for individuals to win against big giants - if only I knew all this I would not under any circumstances have allowed them to take the car. But be warned as soon as the car is driven on to the public highway they can nab you then.

I do hope that this info has been helpfull to you - from one who now knows right from wrong.

Regards

DS

As long as your car is on a private drive or a garage they are not permitted to take the car. There is a relevant section in the Consumer Credit Act.

Thanks for that DS, I also thought this was the case. If your car was parked in a garage, how are they going to get in it anyway, unless you give them the keys to the garage, NOT!!!!!!:?

Could someone please put me & DS right, if this information we are preaching is wrong.

nite:)

I've just seen this thread and it seems to contain a lot of confusing advice. I believe, but could be wrong, that this is a case of an unpaid fine which the magistrates' courts have passed to one of their contractors, Drakes, to enforce.

First of all, Alison, contrary to what you posted, magistrates' courts have used uncertificated bailiffs since 1978 to collect unpaid fines. There is no legal requirement even as we speak for a bailiff collecting fines to be certificated - it is simply a contractual requirment stipluated by the Department for Constitional Affairs.

As this is a warrant issued by the criminal courts, the bailiffs acting for the courts have more power than those acting for local authorities and can, if necessary, force entry to seize goods under the DVCV Act - as the fine is a punishment for breaking the law and cannot be avoided by hiding behind closed doors.

The fees are fixed by contractual agreement and for Drakes (and the sum noted), there is a letter/admin fee of £50. When the bailiff attends for the first time there is a £100 charge. (Not £22.50 as someone earlier noted - that's for council tax). If they clamp the vehicle, the agreed fee is another £100. There are also fees for undertaking an HPI check (£30). Unless you can prove the vehicle is exempt from seizure (belongs to someone else, ect), the bailiff can seize it. The onus of proof is on the debtor not the bailiff. It is not his job to make enquiries regarding ownership providing he has reasonable grounds to believe the debtor owns the car (e.g. it's on his drive and he drives it).

With such high fees, its favourite to pay as soon as you get the letter - (if you got one that is - they are supposed to send one before attending under the terms of their contract).

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Hello,

Firstly, please don't worry. As we place on our site, intimidation fear not knowing your rights and urgency, is a few of the tricks that Bailiffs use to gain the result. Payment!.

At the Watchdog we are trying to encourage people to know they do have rights and to empower people to deal with the arrival of a Bailiff with confidence. So we have done a letter, that is easily downloadable on the site with advice, however from here am unable to link to it, so will copy it and hope you adapt it to your situation.

They only have as much power to control a situation that you give them. Know your rights and you will note you have quite a few. You owe a road traffic debt, you haven't killed someone, so don't dispair. If you have problems after this, then please let us know. This is annoying them, but the Companies are starting to get the hint! PLACE IT SOMEWHERE WHERE WHEN THE BAILIFF RETURNS HE CAN SEE IT!

OUR ADVICE IS, PLACE IT ON A DOOR OVERNIGHT IN AN ENVELOPE SO HE WILL KNOW NOT TO KNOCK AND IF HE DOES, LET HIM READ THE LETTER FIRST. JUST WRITE, BAILIFF ON THE FRONT.

Date

Your name

Their ref. Number

Dear Bailiff and Company,

Thankyou for drawing my attention to an outstanding amount owed by myself

to…………………………….

While your red letter and threats did work to gain my attention, it has also

prompted me to look into my rights before your next threatened visit. I am

now confident in dealing with your office to which I would like to raise the

following.

Just because I owe a debt, I do not lose my rights. Living in a civilised

society, I would expect decency and respect of my rights while dealing with

you and your Company.

I found dispute with your charges as this is the first I have known about the

matter, to which I do have full intent to pay and deal with the matter promptly

on the following reasonable requests.

1) That your Company provide me with your name and the Court to which

you are Certificated at before making demands. I have a right to check on

this matter at a reasonable hour of the day when the courts are open and

believe I should have been provided with this information on your demand

letter.

2) I am aware that my Bank does not cover me for making direct payment to

you, however am willing to pay directly to your Company so you do not

need to return. Any return visit to my property within the next 7 days will

be noted as a direct attempt to increase my fees and I will purse action in

the courts against you the Bailiff and the Company if instruction is given in

this manner.

3) That you provide to me, details of what dates you visited previously and

justify your costs to me as the fine is…………………yet you are charging

me…………………. This I believe to be outside what is lawfully allowable

under Schedule 1 of the Rent for Distress Act of fees chargeable.

4) That once I make payment, that a receipt be forwarded to me within 7

days of the transaction by your Company. I am aware you are able to

charge …………% for credit cards and…………………for debit cards.

5) I am only willing to pay for fees that can be proven and that I have incurred

with validity, to which is not an unreasonable demand. I am also only

willing to pay what it has within reason cost you and your Company for any

visit if proven to have existed.

I have already downloaded a copy of the Complaints form needed from the

Bailiff Watchdog site for how to make a Complaint against a Certificated Bailiff

and as a supporter of Bailiff Watchdog, am aware that they will handle the

entire complaints procedure on my behalf.

Their procedure will ensure that my Complaint is registered correctly with the

Bailiffs Court to where you work, the Office of Fair Trading and a formal

complaint that will be lodged against your ability to hold a Credit Licence.

I ask that you please forward a copy of this to your Company immediately to

which they can contact me on………………………………to further discuss the

matter, however if I do not hear from you or your office within 24 hours, I will

take responsibility and call.

As stated, I am willing to pay the amount of the debt within 7 days, and thank

you again for bringing the issue to my attention to which in a civil manner, not

via intimidation and now knowing my rights clearly, I will now expect to deal

with your office.

Have a nice day.

Your name here.

SMILE. They have to be reasonable and with the copy of the letter you are taking responsability, you are asking them to also.

On our site is our logo if you wish to place it on the top of the letter.

Any problems, please email me.

Alison

Alison

This appears to be advice regarding a debtor facing bailiffs in respect of an unpaid fine - at least that's how it reads on this thread. I'm sorry to sound insulting but this is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen!

1) Bailiffs exectuing warrants for unpaid fines don't have to be certificated by law

2) You cannot dictate terms to bailiffs executing a warrant for a criminal offence - how ridiculous.

3) What on earth does the "distress for rent" act have to do with anything here. What exactly is the Distress for Rent Act? Are you referring to the 1737 Act? Fees under this Act? Absolutely and completely barmy! Specific bailiff fees for unpaid fines have never, ever been set in statute anywhere! The fees today are agreed between contractor and HMCS.

Consumer Credit Licence - why do you assume bailiffs have one? They don't need one as warrants issued by courts are not consumer debts!

I'm sure you mean well but for goodness sake, if you are going to give advice at least know what you're talking about!

What we must remember is that what bailiffs are and are not allowed to do is largely irrevellant. They take no notice of the law and do what they want. Most people have no dealings with bailiffs until it's to late, by this stage the big heavy is standing on your door demanding money.

What people need to do is find out the law before the bailiff comes.

If a bailiff knocks on my door I walk straight out and shut the door behind me, I then get out my dictaphone and ask them;

What company they work for.

Are they certified and with which court and ask for proof.

What debt they are chasing.

They get very flusterd!.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

What we must remember is that what bailiffs are and are not allowed to do is largely irrevellant. They take no notice of the law and do what they want. Most people have no dealings with bailiffs until it's to late, by this stage the big heavy is standing on your door demanding money.

What people need to do is find out the law before the bailiff comes.

If a bailiff knocks on my door I walk straight out and shut the door behind me, I then get out my dictaphone and ask them;

What company they work for.

Are they certified and with which court and ask for proof.

What debt they are chasing.

They get very flusterd!.

There we go again. 'They' - meaning every bailiff? I don't break the law. My bailiffs don't break the law. I know a lot more bailiffs than you do and none of them break the law either. Clearly some bailiffs discredit our profession but 'they' are not all of us. You would not fluster me and I'm sure we would not fall out if I called on you as a bailiff. What we would do, is solve the problem, (your problem) by dealing with it in a civil manner, albeit with me having the authority (the leverage) to take your goods if you fail to deal with it properly. Having the authority of course is one thing - abusing it is another - but it really is a minority that do.

Guest MizzPiggy

You can't have a different opinion without objection, to which objection is constructive if both are allowed a view.

Bailiff Uk and I are in dispute to which he was stating magistrates court and I was arguing on county court bailiffs as the first understanding of this issue was that it was a parking fine. It was only later stated the type of fine and issue of it being Magistrates court.

Bailiff UK is forever right to which I cannot be bothered entering into another silly debate where certain parts of posts are copied to which can be misconstrued, so removing them all.

This post began with someone seeking advice, not to two people arguing over it.

Guest MizzPiggy

You can't have a different opinion without objection, to which objection is constructive if both are allowed a view.

eberybody that has stuck up for peoples action against bailiffs has been shot down by blf uk. I do not think he is going to have a nice wekend and is going to try and put your facts down again.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Guest MizzPiggy

in reply to post 29 :

What 'legal authority' must a bailiff have?

A bailiff must be legally authorised to collect the debt on behalf of the creditor. The authority is normally known as a 'warrant', or 'warrant of execution' if the bailiff is recovering money owed under a county court judgment.

Bailiffs used by the magistrates court to collect unpaid council tax, outstanding fines, compensation or unpaid maintenance will be acting on either a 'distress warrant' or a 'liability order' issued by the magistrates court.

If you are in arrears, creditors will sometimes send representatives to your home to try and negotiate repayments with you. These people might be called 'counsellors', 'collectors' or 'advisers'. They do not have powers to enter your home and seize your goods.

Can a bailiff force his/her way into my house?

Most bailiffs do not have the right to force their way into your home to seize your goods. The only exception is that bailiffs from the Collector of Taxes (Inland Revenue) can get a warrant to force entry, but this is very rare.

All other bailiffs have a right of peaceful entry only. This means that they cannot use force to enter your home, for example, by breaking a window or a door. However, they can enter your property through an open door or window (front and back) and can climb over fences and gates, but cannot break them down. See also ''If a bailiff does gain peaceful entry to my house, what will they do?''

You do not have to let a bailiff into your house. A bailiff cannot force their way past you if you answer the door. If all your doors and windows are securely closed they will not be able to gain peaceful entry to your house unless you let them in.

Bailiffs are well aware of their limited powers and may use a variety of different means to gain entry peaceably. They may attempt to walk in as soon as a door is opened. They may ask if they can use your telephone to check if an arrangement is satisfactory with their office. They may simply ask you if you would prefer to discuss matters inside. You do not have to go along with any of these methods.

Can I be arrested or imprisoned for not letting a bailiff into my house?

No. If a bailiff is accompanied by the police, they are only there to prevent a breach of the peace. You cannot be arrested for refusing to allow a bailiff into your home.

If a bailiff does gain peaceful entry to my house what will they do?

Once gaining entry to your home, a bailiff will usually try to find and seize any goods of value belonging to the person who owes the debt or who is named on the warrant.

Once in the house the bailiff has the right to go into all rooms and can break open any locked door or cupboard inside your house. If the bailiff gains peaceful entry s/he has the right to call again and enter even without your permission, i.e. s/he can break in and remove your goods.

Any attempt to remove a bailiff from your property once they have gained peaceful entry is assault and you could be taken to court for it.

Once in the house, a bailiff will attempt to seize your goods in order to sell them off at public auction to raise money to pay the debt that you owe. The bailiff will make clear an intention to seize various items, either verbally, or by attaching a mark to them, or by touching them. This is sometimes called levying distress or distraining upon goods.

Once the bailiff has seized goods, they have a number of options. They can either remove items they have seized immediately from the property to be stored and eventually sold at public auction. Alternatively, they can leave someone on the premises to guard the items that have been seized or, in the case of bailiffs collecting rent, secure items that have been seized in your home. These last two options are very rarely used.

The most likely outcome is that the bailiff will ask you to sign a 'walking possession agreement'.

Debt Basics - Bailiff Guide

pinched of another one of blfs threads.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

blfuk1, you can take my goods, but, and this is the big but, only if I let you in. I am not saying all bailiffs are bad, the ones I have dealt with have all lied in one way or another.

Because I choose to fight illegal parking tickets I have alot of dealings with bailiffs, and the ones I have dealt with try to intimidate people.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

The Bailiff again had to have his say.

If you noted what was posted, then you will note it was because the actual fine stated at the time did not state that it was a magistrates court fine. So I posted without knowledge.

Secondly, if you are as clever as you state and put down all that you do, you will know that Bailiffs collecting within the magistrates courts work area do in fact have to be certificated by April next year, as this was the condition that Drakes won the Magistrates contract, unless of course the DCA is lying to our office and to the public.

As for that letter, so far it has worked a treat! It has annoyed Bailiffs and four companies have had to comply as the point of a Bailiff being sent, is to gain monies, not gain a huge pay packet as many of you do. So if the debtor, as the OFT have said, leaves this letter, is deemed more than reasonable as they are accepting responsability within 7 days. If anything, they thought it rather amusing and was not in any way..."rubbish like you put".

Further more, the magistrates distress warrant by drakes is a rather odd document. Seen one>? Worth a look. Definately taking that one up with the Courts with how it is worded.

It states that the Bailiff can take everything except the clothes on your back and £150 of work tools...hello...everyone knows this is unacceptable.

The £50 admin fee is correct. So is the £100 for the visit, but try telling the gentleman that posted this, where the rest of the fees came from? Speaking with the Bailiff today, he told our office and I quote "when he let me in I told him it would cost him £100 for me to write out the inventory and because I was there with a van". Sure, we all invite Bailiffs in for coffee and a chat for their pleasant suprise visit at 8pm at night.

Finally. Drakes. One client with 10 fines pays her fines as due, but the Bailiff Company makes in excess of £4,300 in profit on top...please....

When you get one of my charming letters on the door one morning, I hope you remember, that, if you don't adhere to it and do force entry or take a vehicle, a person has every right, for a road traffic debt as this letter relates to, to sue in court any company or Bailiff that ignores what is deemed under the "credit act - fair and reasonable means and ability to pay". Happy to send you a copy of the act.

Thanks for your feedback. Just remember Bailiff 1 uk....just because people owe a debt, they don't lose their rights to bullies.

Alison

The idea of the ‘forum’ is that everyone, regardless of their point of view, CAN have their say. In that way, there is an even balance to any discussion.

You clearly do not like criticism even when it is justified by points of FACT.

What other FINE, than a magistrates’ court fine would the fine be? A bailiff can only deal with a magistrates’ court fine. The only other issues we deal with are parking PENALTIES, council TAX, business RATES, income TAX, value added TAX, etc. A fine is a fine is a fine!

I didn’t state I was clever but I do know my trade and the rules under which I operate and have chosen to share them on this site. You can take it or leave it but I WILL point out inaccuracies in the law whoever posts them.

FACT: bailiffs executing warrants for magistrates’ courts fines do not have to be certificated by law (as I stated). There is no statutory requirement, not has there ever been, for certification of bailiffs in this type of work. DCA made it a ‘condition of contract’ for bailiffs to be certificated but that does not make it law. Until such requirement has been placed on the statute books it does not exist. I pointed out this error in the context that you had made it as if a county court judge could deal with a bailiff under the rules governing the issue of his certificate – he could not.

Your letter may well annoy bailiffs but only because it is filled with inaccuracies. The prime objective of a bailiff is to seize goods otherwise he would be a debt collector. If someone wishes to prevent seizure by payment of the sums due then payment may be taken in lieu of seizure.

You mention the magistrates’ distress warrant by Drakes. What are you talking about? You probably mean the documentation left by Drakes in respect of execution of the distress warrant which is issued by the magistrates’ court. The 'distress warrant' is an instruction from the court to the bailiff to seize the debtor's goods. It is not provided to the debtor as it is not addressed to the debtor. A bailiff would not leave a copy of the distress warrant with the debtor.

You should know, but clearly don’t, that there is no prescribed documentation under magistrates’ courts distress. Documentation is created by the bailiff companies and [occasionally] approved by the HMCS client. There never has been any prescribed form for bailiff execution in respect of an unpaid fine.

I notice you now say your letter is in fact aimed at bailiffs executing a warrant of execution for an unpaid parking penalty. Clearly there are different regulations governing these which are issued under the authority of the civil court (TEC at Northampton County Court) as opposed to the distress warrants issued by HMCS in the criminal court. It is extremely confusing to debtors to advise them how to deal with one type of execution by advising them on another entirely different matter.

Your advice, so far that I have seen, ignores the fact that a bailiff acting under a warrant has significantly more power than a debt collector acting under consumer credit law; extremely misleading and not at all helpful.

I have worked alongside advice agencies for very many years and admire what they do. I refer appropriate cases to them. I have absolutely no axe to grind with any advisor but bad advice is worse than no advice at all.

Please remember Alison, as in all walks of life, one size does not fit all. There are good and bad bailiffs. It seems there are also good and bad advisors.

Just to clarify slightly, a bailiff CAN take a car from a driveway (as long as it is not behind locked gates) if it is a civil matter but he can NOT take the car if it subject to a HP agreement - even if it is parked on the road! He also canont take the car if you need it for your job, e.g. you are self-employed. It's classed as one of the tools of your trade, and they cannot take your livelihood away from you.

However I believe a police-imposed fine is very different and this sort of fine DOES permit the bailiffs to take the car even if it is on HP.

As for our resident bailiff, will he admit that you have NO LEGAL OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to come to a payment arrangement with him, speak to him or even open the door to him - in which case of course he cannot break in!

Further action will probably follow but you're better off simply paying the money to whoever it is owed, e.g. for council tax just pay the council. The council will tell you that it must be paid to the bailiffs but if you pay your payments direct to the council via a bank or post office they're not exactly going to return it to you are they?

It also means that you can buy some extra time by sending a letter to the council officially disputing the bill that the bailiffs send to you as you will have already paid some of it off - in this case you can ask for the council to suspend any further action whilst the matter is investigated - they should do so, and in the meantime just keep paying a bit more whenever you can even if it's a couple of quid on a daily basis.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

One last thought Baliff uk, are you saying the companies that bailiffs work for do not have to have a credit licence to collect on monies.

If that is the statement you are making, I would be careful.

Oh and just to add, as we state on our site, don't pay the Bailiff direct. There is not one Bank in the UK, check the terms anyone if you like, that will cover you for making a payment directly to the Bailiff. It does cover you for paying the company. The agent you pay as in the Bailiff, is that if you use your debit card, you are not covered and only two banks cover you for any monies taken fraudulently by a Bailiff Company for paying by Credit card.

The information will be on our site in a week, with signed letters from all the major banks. SO maybe Bailiffs will have to call at reasonable times one day soon, when the Consumer Watchdog goes to air in March.

No more legal thugs in suits......have a good weekend Mr Bailiff.

I'm sorry Alison but you are not doing yourself any favours here.

For the avoidance of doubt, a bailiff acting under the authority of a court order/warrant does NOT need a consumer credit licence to execute it. A consumer credit licence IS required for collecting debts arising from a consumer credit agreement, but warrants issued by courts for fines, penalties and taxes are not consumer debts.

Perhaps you should check this with the Office of Fair Trading before saying anymore on the subject!

There is no point in commenting on your remarks regarding fraudulent payments taken by card as there are laws in place to protect people from such activities except to say that you clearly assume all bailiffs take money under false pretences and use fraudulent methods to extract payment. What nonsense!

To close, what gives you the right to call me a legal thug? Is it because I'm a bailiff? i.e. bailiff = thug. Thank goodness we don't paint everyone in a particular role with the same brush as a bad minority. What narrow minded stupidity.

I know some very knowledgable advisors and have met very many decent debtors. I will not look at all debtors badly just because a few assault us nor will I assume all advisors are ignorant of the law just because a few clearly are.

eberybody that has stuck up for peoples action against bailiffs has been shot down by blf uk. I do not think he is going to have a nice wekend and is going to try and put your facts down again.

How many versions of one fact can there be? I don't come on site to simply argue against anything anti-bailiff but to add some factual information to assist the decision making process which those in trouble may benefit from. No one has to listen to me but I know from the many PMs I receive that I have helped people on this site. I guess they don't want to make such thanks known publically and who can blame them in this sort of atmosphere? Anyway, when the moderators think I have run my course I'm sure they'll save you all from my lies and deceptions by removing me.

The 'distress warrant' is an instruction from the court to the bailiff to seize the debtor's goods. It is not provided to the debtor as it is not addressed to the debtor. A bailiff would not leave a copy of the distress warrant with the debtor.

Hello blfuk1

The Bailiff last night left me a copy of the 'Distress Warrant'. After taking advice on the matter, it is also filled with inaccuracies!

Hello blfuk1

The Bailiff last night left me a copy of the 'Distress Warrant'. After taking advice on the matter, it is also filled with inaccuracies!

Unusual to say the least! I wouldn't give you a copy. Anyway, if it is inaccurate then it's the court's inaccuracies not the bailiff's - obviously. I would call them [the court] first thing Monday and discuss it.

Good luck!

It's the whole system that is wrong. The idea of sending bailiffs round to collect monies owed is an antiquated one and should be scrapped, or at least seriously overhauled. The fees are also adding an unnecesary burden to those who in most cases are the ones that are in debt simply because they can't afford to pay their billls, and there are considerably cheaper, possibly more effective and certainly less distressing options than sending a bailiff round, such as an attachment of earnings order for example.

The firm the local council uses are nothing more than a bunch of mercenaries who flaunt the law both in person and in writing in an intimidating manner and the sad fact is that the system itself is tantamount to mental thuggery. I would rather take a thump than the hassle, harrassment, stress, worry and additional expense that I have incurred as a result of the system. There are countless posts on this board - this thread is a prime example - of the distress that the mere thought of a visit from the bailiff causes, and after a long period of having to put up with this it definately has an adverse affect on your health and wellbeing.

That's not right legally or morally and if we could find someone with the clout and financial ability to fight for compensation for the mental illness that has been caused to what is probably milllions of people then we might get some much needed reform. The trouble is it will never happen because the people being harrassed are the very people that cannot afford to fight the system.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

blfuk1

Its the same in all walks of life, it is generally the minority that spoil it for the majority.

I'm sure there are a lot of good bailiffs around, but going from reading a lot of the different threads on this site it goes to show that, even with all the bad press bailiffs are getting at present, there are still a lot of bad ones out there that are operating outside the boundaries they should be and that don't have any morals or scruples at all!!!!

I can't start to try to explain what a bad experience it was for me and my family, and it all could have been resolved in 2 mins at the front door like the following:

Bailiff - I've come about the payment of this debt!

Me - I'm sorry about that I have'nt received any warning you were coming or the debt was with you, what and how much is it for?

Bailiff - Its for unpaid fine, the amount is £***

Me - Again I'm sorry, its 8pm on a Thursday night(5 kids making noise in background going to bed!), I get paid in the morning, can I call you or the head office first thing and make the payment in full?

Bailiff - OK, I can see your busy, here's my number for you to get hold of me on in the morning(and takes a few more details off me if needs be).

Me - Thanks, I'll speak to you in the morning, bye.

Unfortunately the above did'nt happen, the bailiff used no tact or common sense, and instead frightened the living days out of me and my family to extort payment by whatever means possible there and then!!!!:mad:

As I stated above, it may be the minority that spoil it for the rest of you, but by god, the devious & callous way in which they operate in this day and age beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unusual to say the least! I wouldn't give you a copy. Anyway, if it is inaccurate then it's the court's inaccuracies not the bailiff's - obviously. I would call them [the court] first thing Monday and discuss it.

Hello blfuk1

When I say inaccuracies, it looks like the wording has been changed to suit the circumstances of this particular bailiff. You may now be frowning, but I'm telling you its true. The document does'nt look like its come from any court, and does'nt look very official at all! I could have typed it up on my PC and printed it on cheap stripey A4 paper from Tesco's! I regret the whole episode happened the way it did and it went so far, it did'nt need to, but I am worried sick now the bailiff can come back whenever it suits him, even though they were paid in full!

Got to keep smiling though;) Don't let the b*****ds grind you down!;)

Right now it is time to play youve tickled my tackle now let me tickle yours with a cactus. send a a sar off. see what they come up with. then i will tell you how to do it. it can be done legally but you have to know what you are doing. How much did they charge you in the end ?

If anybody wants help with their bailiff recovery then please feel to pm me. If i can help 1 person that means for everyone person winning 10 bailiffs being put down(morally)