• Tweets

• Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar ... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.   Is this all there is? Its less than the Tory candidate. - shut up and smile while they get a camera angle that looks better
    • in order for us to help you we require the following information:- Which Court have you received the claim from ? Canterbury If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. ( Name of the Claimant ? Moneybarn No 1   How many defendant's  joint or self ? One Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 29/05/24 Acknowledged by 14/06/24  Defence by 29/06/24  Particulars of Claim PARTICULARS OF CLAIM   1.  By a Conditional Sale Agreement in writing made on 25th August 2022. Between the Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant let to the Defendant on Conditional Sale. A Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi (200 P S) 4x4 Wildtrack  Double Cab Pickup 3200cc (Sep.2015) Registration No, ******* Chassis number ***************** (“The Vehicle”).  A copy of the agreement is attached   2.  The price of the goods was £15,995.00.  The Initial Rental was £8500.00.  The total charge for credit was £3575.;17 And the balance of £11,070.17 was payable by 59 equal consecutive monthly instalments of £187 63. payable on the 25th of each month.   3.  The following were expressed conditions of the set agreement,   Clause 8: Our Right to End this Agreement  8.1   Subject to sending you the notice as required by law, any of the following events will entitle us to end this Agreement: 8.1.2  You fail to pay the advance payment (if any) or any of the payments as specified on the front page of this agreement or any other sum payable under this Agreement. 8.1.3 If any of the information you have given us before entering into this Agreement or during the term of this Agreement was false 8.1.4 We consider, acting reasonably, that the goods may be in jeopardy or that our rights in the goods may otherwise be prejudiced. 8.1.5 If you die 8.1.6 If a bankruptcy petition is presented against you; if you petition for your own bankruptcy, or make a live arrangement with your creditors or call a meeting of them. 8. 1.7 If in Scotland, you become insolvent or sequestration or a receiver, judicial factor or trustee to be appointed over any of your estate, or effects or suffer an arrestment, charge attachment or other diligence to be issued or levied on any of your estate or effects or suffer any exercise, or threatened exercise of landlords hype hypothec 8.1.8 If you are a partnership, you are dissolved 8.1.9 If the goods are destroyed, lost, stolen and/or treated by the insurer as a total loss in response to an insurance claim. 8.1.10 If we reasonably believe any payment made to us in respect of this Agreement is a proceed of crime. 8.1.11 If steps are taken by us to terminate any other agreement which you have entered into with us.   Clause 9.  Effect of Us Terminating Agreement   9.1 If this Agreement terminates under clause 8 the following will apply 9.1.1 Subject to the rights given to you by law, you will no longer be entitled to possession of the goods and must return them to us to an address as we may reasonably specify, (removing or commencing the removal of any cherished plates) together with a V5 registration certificate, both sets of keys and a service record book. If you are unable or unwilling to return the goods to us then we shall collect the goods and we'll charge you in accordance with clause 10.3 9.1.2 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you for all payments and all other sums do under this agreement at the date of termination 9.1.3 We will sell the goods or public sale at the earliest opportunity once the goods are in a reasonable condition which includes a return of the items listed in clause 7.1.4 9.1.4 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you of the rest of the Total Amount Payable under this agreement less: ( a) A rebate for early settlement ias required by law which will be calculated and notified to you at the time of payment (b) The proceeds of sale of the goods (if any) after deduction of all costs associated with finding you and/or the goods, recovery, refurbishment and repair. Insurance, storage, sale, agents fees, cherished plate removal, replacement keys, costs associated with obtaining service history for the goods and in relation to obtaining a duplicate V5 registration certificate   4, The following are particulars required by Civil Procedure Rules. Rule 7.9 as set out in 7.1 and 7.2 of the associated Practice Direction entitled Hire Purchase Claims:-   a)     The agreement is dated 25 August 2022. And is between Moneybarn No1 Limited  and xxxxxxxxx under agreement number 756050. b)    The claimant was one of the original parties to the agreement. c)    The agreement is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. d)    The goods claimed Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi ( 200 PS) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200 cc (Sep2015} Registration No ^^^^^^^ Chassis number ***************** e)     Thw total price of the goods £19570 f)     The paid up sum £1206 5 g)    The unpaid balance of the total price £7505 (to include charges) h)    A default notice was sent to the defendant on 20th February 2024 by Firrst class post i)      The date when the right to demand delivery of the goods accrued 14 March 2024 j)      The amount if any claimed as an alternative to delivery of the goods 7505 22 include charges ]= 5.  A the date of service of the notice the instalments were £562.89 in arrears. 6. By reason of the Termination of the Agreement by the notice, defendant became liable to pay the sum of £7502 7. The date of maturity the agreement is 24th August 2027. 8. Further or  alternative by reasons of  the Defendant breaches of the agreement by failing to pay the said instalments, the Defendant evinced an intention no longer to be bound by the Agreement and repudiated it by the said Notice the claimant accepted that repudiation 9. By reason of such repudiation the claimant has suffered loss and damage.   Total amount payable £19570 Less sum paid or in arrears by the date of repudiation £12064 97 Balance £7505 (to include charges.) ( The claimant will give credit if necessary for the value of the vehicle if recovered.)  The claimant therefore claims 1.    An order for delivery up of the vehicle 2.    The MoneyClaim to be adjourned generally with liberty to restore,  Upon restoration of the MoneyClaim following return or loss of the vehicle. the Claimant will ensure the pre action protocol for debt claims is followed. 3.    Pursuant to s 90 (1)  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. An order that the Claimant and/or its agents may enter any premises in which the vehicle is situated in order to recover the vehicle should it not be returned by the Defendant 4.    further or alternatively damages 5.    costs.   Statement of truth The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true. The Claimant understands that the proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes or causes to be made a false statement in the document for verified by statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I am duly Authorised by the Claimant to sign these Particulars of Claim signed Dated 17th of April 2024   What is the total value of the claim? 7502   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Never heard of this   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In a garage  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes  Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? n/a   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? They said sent but nor received   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? None seen   Why did you cease payments? Still Paying,   What was the date of your last payment? Yesterday  31st May 2024   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes on 12 Feb 2024   What you need to do now.   Can't scan, will do via another means as you cant have jpg
    • Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

mcuth v Lloyds TSB - FINISHED

mcuth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks like a bog standard defense to me. Keep it up :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter from SCM (Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell) with a copy of their AQ and confirming that they filed it with Swindon CC on 19th September. What's strange is that they ask me to confirm receipt and supply a copy of my AQ - since the court order didn't require copies to be supplied to the other parties, I'm going to speak with the court tomorrow and see whether they think it's an implied instruction or not. I'm not quite sure if the court will send copies of the AQ to each side anyway.

Interesting points from their AQ:

- They've ticked Yes in the "Settlement" box saying they wish further action to be postponed for one month so that we can attempt to settle the claim by informal discussion/alternative dispute resolution. This seems like a delaying tactic to me - my AQ said No to this as they've already had several months. I wonder which takes priority?

- They're apparently calling 1 witness (other than themselves) but no "Expert's report"

- They've ticked Yes to the "Dates not available" question, but not filled in the unavailable dates :rolleyes:

- There's no comment in any of the comment boxes...

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

I think the 'additional time' box for settlement now seems to be standard proceedure for SCM. As they've asked for extra time to reach settlemtn, it might be worth calling them and saying something along the lines of "So settle me!" :D

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I think the 'additional time' box for settlement now seems to be standard proceedure for SCM. As they've asked for extra time to reach settlemtn, it might be worth calling them and saying something along the lines of "So settle me!" :D

Nah, I've already written once saying that I'm open to the idea of settling without requiring a court hearing, which they didn't have the common courtesy to reply to. Not going to do it again as IMHO it shows weakness ;)

Oh, and I rang the court today to check on a couple of things:

i) They've checked "Yes" to another month, I've checked "No" - the decision on whether to stay for a month is down to the judge - not sure whose side he'll come down on, but if the judge orders a stay, I'll try and appeal against that as they've had since June to pay up :rolleyes:

ii) Whether their request for a copy of my AQ is valid. Apparently the AQ isn't automatically sent to each side, and the Defendant can request copies of relevant court docs, but I don't have to supply them unless the court has ordered so. On the other hand, if I don't supply them, they can always ask the court to supply copies and they'd get charged a copying fee.

Yes, I was tempted to tell SCM to go whistle and get a copy from the court and have to pay the copying fee, but I did think that that might look a tad obstructive - so for the sake of a letter & 3 pages copied, I sent it to them today.

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Good stuff Mcuth. One thing I will say though - I don't believe a judge will look at your case and decide whether you're 'being weak' or not. Similarly, even if SCM believe that you certainly know you aren't... ;)

Just thinking it might hurry things along a bit. However, judging by other people's experiences of phoning SCM so far, I wouldn't count on it!

Good stuff Mcuth. One thing I will say though - I don't believe a judge will look at your case and decide whether you're 'being weak' or not. Similarly, even if SCM believe that you certainly know you aren't... ;)

Just thinking it might hurry things along a bit. However, judging by other people's experiences of phoning SCM so far, I wouldn't count on it!

I guess it could hurry it along, but honestly they've not been open to anything thus far, and I can't see the benefit of increasing my telephone bill just to speak to that set of &*^%ers - I'll let them come crawling to me when they're ready :D

Cheers

Michael

Spoke to the court yesterday - Lloyds' AQ was lodged on 26th Sept, so I should hear something from the court sometime "soon"....

Cheers

Michael

Received "General Form of Judgement or Order" from Swindon CC - "It is ordered that the claim be stayed until 1st March 2007" - at the bottom is a note: "PLEASE NOTE: There are a considerable number of these cases throughtout (sic) England & Wales. There is likely to be a test case in the near future". That's not "There is a test case", but "There is likely to be a test case" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a bit of a family emergency that's keeping me occupied elsewhere at the moment, but I know I have to come back to them within 7 days now - hopefully later this week I should be able to crack on......

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

As detailed in this thread, going to send the following letter to the court tomorrow to see if I can get the stay removed and/or a transfer to the Mercantile Court - that might just push things along.

The District Judge

Swindon County Court

The Law Courts

Islington Street

Swindon

Wiltshire

SN1 2HG

Dear Sir/Madam

mcuth v Lloyds TSB Bank PLC – claim number 6SN02738

&

mcuth v Egg PLC – claim number 6SN02736

I respectfully request that the stays on the above cases, which were ordered on 28th & 29th September 2006 respectively, be removed per the following.

Human rights

The stays interfere with my rights under the European Convention on Human Rights (“the Convention”) directly and as enacted in the Human Rights Act 1998.

Art.6 1. of the Convention provides that “In the determination of his civil rights … everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time.”. It is submitted that in cases for sums of £354.66 & £85.22 respectively, a stay of 5 months which depends on unspecified litigation unconnected to the instant cases between two other parties who have no relation to the parties in the instant cases, is not reasonable.

Indeed, it is unlikely that there will actually be a test case proceeding to hearing as specified (see “Test Case” & “Other Cases” below).

The Overriding Objective

It is submitted that the Overriding Objective requires that my cases are allowed to proceed speedily so that a just settlement may be obtained by the parties to these cases. There is no complicated issue of law. The common law relating to contractual penalties is settled law since the late 1800s and has been reinforced as recently as the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 which itself is the result of a European directive.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Defendant in case 6SN02738,Lloyds TSB Bank PLC (“Lloyds”), has already settled at least 28 similar cases. A list of these 28 cases where Lloyds was the Defendant is attached (Appendix 1). In most of these cases, Lloyds actually filed a defence to the case and returned their Allocation Questionnaire, obliging the Claimant to do the same. However, in every one of these cases, Lloyds settled the matter before any hearing.

In 2004 the head of personal banking of Lloyds, Peter MacNamara, stated in a Radio 4 interview that Lloyds makes big profits from its default charges and that this money was being used to fund free banking for its customers. The Claimant can supply a copy of this recording if the Court wishes.

Other cases

It is true that there are currently many other cases which are litigating against banks on the same issue of contractual penalties. However the court may be unaware that, so far, the vast majority have been settled before any hearing, with only a handfull proceeding as far as a hearing.

Attached to this letter is a sample list of 244 cases, complete with County Court reference numbers (Appendix 2), of which the Claimant is aware and which have been issued since January 2006. All of these cases have been settled before a full hearing. Many of these cases even received default judgments against the Defendant banks in question, which has then been set aside on application by that bank and which has further been settled by that bank rather than go to court.

In two cases the Court has even ordered standard disclosure against Defendant banks but those banks have then gone on to settle rather than reveal the details of its contractual penalties.

It is submitted that the predicted test case is most unlikely to go to a hearing - that it will be settled out of court and therefore produce no useful decision from a higher court. It is further submitted that the Defendants in the instant cases have no intention of going to a hearing.

It is submitted that the pattern of cases settled so far suggests very strongly that the banks are merely using the justice system as a publicly funded means of intimidating their customers and dissuading them from pursuing their legitimate Right. A stay is supportive of the banks’ litigation strategy - which is to take the Claimant to the door of the court and then to settle the case.

It is submitted that this is abusive of the justice system and of the public resource.

The Status Quo

The stay does not maintain the Status Quo. As submitted above, a stay favours the bank by preventing the Claimant’s pursuit of his legitimate remedy without placing any restriction upon the banks’ activities which the Claimant submits are unlawful.

Test Case

It is agreed that a case in which the issues were fully argued would be of enormous benefit. However, as has been explained above, the banks have so far settled every one of the 244 example cases in Appendix 2, and it is clear that it is their abusive litigation strategy which is responsible for the problem of the large number of cases being started against them. Every one of the cases settled so far has presented an opportunity to settle the common issue of contractual penalties. Despite their massive resources and access to high level expertise the Defendants have declined to allow the issue to be decided in court.

My cases present another opportunity for the question to be definitively settled as, should the defendants lose, they have the resources to continue the matter through the appeals process and through the court hierarchy. It is respectfully submitted that the Court’s order to stay the case creates more uncertainty and more difficulty.

It is respectfully submitted that, if the predicted test case referred to by District Judge Carron in the orders, was actually in the course of a trial at the present moment so that it was more certain that the matter would be tried and that a decision would be likely to be reached, then there would be good grounds for staying all similar actions including my own.

However, it is respectfully submitted that none of this is at all clear and on the evidence of all of the cases conducted so far it is submitted that the predicted test case is most unlikely to be heard at all.

The OFT and their powers under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (“the UTCCR”) gives the power to the Office of Fair Trading (“the OFT”) to seek injunctions to prevent the use of unfair terms in consumer contracts. More than that, the UTCCR specifically prevents the private citizen from pursuing this remedy on his own behalf.

The OFT conducted a 2 year investigation of the contractual charges regime. They received a great deal of confidential evidence from the banks. The OFT has already announced that it considers that the contractual penalty charge regimes of these financial institutions are unfair.

It is not at all clear why the OFT has not now proceeded to seek injunctions in the face of the banks’ refusals to comply. This is particularly serious when the Regulations have prevented the citizen from doing so.

However, it is submitted that the issue of a test case and the definitive settling of the banks’ penalty charging system is a matter to be borne by the OFT or some other public body who are tasked and resourced to deal with this matter. It is not a burden to be suffered by the private citizen and in particular by myself in the instant cases.

Additional orders

If the Court does accede to my request for a removal of stay then I respectfully request that the cases be allocated to the Small Claims track but that the Defendants be ordered to make standard disclosure. It is submitted that an order for standard disclosure will assist greatly in bringing these and other similar cases to a speedy and just conclusion.

The matter is suitable for the Small Claims Track as it involves no issue of law – the law is well established. It only involves questions of fact – in particular the true costs of the banks default charges system. The OFT has already formed its conclusion about this. Standard disclosure will put the matter beyond doubt. As I rely upon the bank as my fiduciary it is clear that they have a duty to act in utmost good faith in relation to their conduct of their contract with me. I submit that they do not act in good faith in relation to me or their other customers in the matter of penalty charges

In the alternative, a number of cases have recently been transferred to various Mercantile Courts for hearings, and in the majority have been settled before even the Case Management Conference was held. The Claimant is aware of only 1 of these transferred cases that has proceeded to the Case Management Conference. If the Court were to decide that my cases should be similarly transferred to a Mercantile Court (the closest being located in Bristol), I respectfully request that a Small Claims Costs Order is made and the Defendants be ordered to make standard disclosure.

Many thanks

Yours faithfully

mcuth

Cheers

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Reply from the court received today (quoted verbatim, so forgive the poor grammar & punctuation :D):

Dear {mcuth}

Re: {mcuth} v Lloyds TSB Bank PLC Case No 6SN02738

The District Judge has considered your letter dated 23rd October 2006 to the court in relation to the stay that the court has ordered in this case and 6SN02736.

In both cases the court has stayed the actions pending the outcome of test cases that will be dealt with shortly. All cases of this type, of which there have been a considerable number in recent times for reasons well known, are being stayed pending the outcome of the test cases. However you are entitled to apply to have the stay lifted and the District Judge has said that if you wish to make such an application clearly you may do so but you must make a formal application, preferably on form N244 and pay the fee.

The fee may be £35.00, application without a hearing, or £65.00 for an application to be dealt with at a hearing.

A fee of £35.00 is where the applicant suggests that at least to start with the application can be dealt with as paperwork by the District Judge, that is without attendance by any party. The District Judge may make the order required by the applicant or such other order as he or she sees fit to make. If the judge decides the matter needs to be dealt with at a hearing then he instructs the court office to fix a date and a fee of £65.00 becomes payable, and the court would ask the applicant for the additional fee.

In the event that £65.00 was paid when the application was first issued, if a hearing was set then no additional fee would be payable, however if the judge made the order without a hearing, the court would not refund the overpayment.

Yours sincerely

Going to see what the response is to this post before I decide where I'm going to go with this...

Cheers

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm, move along, nothing to see here - every chance that this is over, but I can't say anything about it :D;);)

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael!

I've got a court date of 29th March 2007, so in an attempt to speed things up, I'm going to write to the Court ( using a bastardised version of your letter asking for the stay removal ) requesting standard disclosure and exchange of documents within 28 days.

Could you tell me where you found the lists of settled cases, as mentioned in the appendices you've attached to the letter.

Thanks in anticipation, and I hope you are at last seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

Phil

Hi Philip

I've got a court date of 29th March 2007, so in an attempt to speed things up, I'm going to write to the Court ( using a bastardised version of your letter asking for the stay removal ) requesting standard disclosure and exchange of documents within 28 days.

Could you tell me where you found the lists of settled cases, as mentioned in the appendices you've attached to the letter.

Thanks in anticipation, and I hope you are at last seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

Pete (Number6) posted it up in my "stays & test cases" thread, here. It's been revised a couple of times.

One thing I would point out is that Swindon CC are refusing to lift the stay on the basis of the letter - they're insisting on an N244 being filled out to apply for it, you can see my correspondence with them on that thread too... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Finally caught up with one of your threads at last! Well done on concluding your claim, bet its a relief to get this one done and dusted. Do you still bank with Lloyds by the way? I got rid of my account with them, could'nt even bere to walk into the branch without holding my nose in the end! Grrrrrr.....

Well done mate:D

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks folks - was well happy to have this one done & dusted :) Just the Egg to boil now, from my claims issued on 31st July :rolleyes: Have started some more off to keep busy :D

Gary - nope, not banking with LTSB anymore - haven't done for a while now, though I still have outstanding debt with them (*sigh*)

Cheers

Michael

• 2 months later...

Wow! Sounds like a hard slog, but I assume from your posts that it was worth it in the end. Myself, I'm at the very early stages (SAR sent, awaiting statements) with Lloyds. I'll be tapping you up for advice when I reach the latter stages, as it sounds like Lloyds are very stubborn!!

Lloyds TSB

03/02/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

15/03/07 Received statements (exactly 40 days after SAR)

15/03/07 Sent Prelim

21/03/07 Received standard response ack. Prelim

29/03/07 Sent LBA

Halifax

15/03/07 SETTLED

Partial Settlement (75% of claim)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks