doodlepip -v- halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week, had a day off work and GMTV a chap was giving details of claiming back bank charges. Found this site through website to get more details and yesterday i called Halifax head office to speak to someone about claiming back my bank charges for the past 6 years!!

Lovely on the phone (definitely had that question before!!) they took my £10 and are sending out bank statements, told to highlight them and then gave me the address to send them to.

Panicking slightly, this seems too easy and Ive never had much look with this type of issue. Is it really as simple as sending over the template letters ?:confused:

Ok, so I have phoned today just to check that they are definitely on the case of sending statements out. Told that they should be with me within the next couple of days. Will keep you updated, and thanks for answering, I think I need some moral support, but did chuckle when reading other messages - knowing others are as paranoid as me and that I will be the one they make an example out of!!

2nd December, received all the bank statements through the post, added up to ove £5,000 and didnt know whether to laugh or cry!! Redundancy situation over a year ago!!!

Sent originals with highlighted bank charges, (took copies) by recorded post Monday 4th and now await response!!

Well done for getting started but I think you can only claim £5000 on first claim. It is possible to claim for older charges and when that is settled persue the newer ones. That way if they apply any extra charges it can be included in the schedule when you eventually go to court. Read FAQs/threads while you are waiting for response. You will get lots of support and advice here.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I havent been on for a while, but I thought I would update you, and let you all know my good news. Over Christmas I put in my moneyclaim online, after of course sending out the normal letters. Followed all advice on the website and copy and pasted the claim letters etc. Court claim emailed and accepted and being issued to bank on 2nd Jan. Halifax acknowledged on the 8th, so was given another 28 days to defend. Today I received a letter from the bank giving all my bank charges, interest and £250 court costs (over £5,000 to claim.) Should be in my bank within the next 7 to 10 days. STILL IN SHOCK, but thanks very much for all information on the website, and my opinion for anyone wary of putting in these claims, should be to just go for it!!!

Thank you very very much once again,

Just took from 30th November to 17 January start to finish including awaiting bank statements.

Well done,

its nice to hear another sucsess story today.

Hope you have a great time spending it :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .