FirstPort service charge payments following moveout...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold my leasehold property, managed by FirstPort, on June 26th.

Before my move, I cancelled my monthly direct debits for service charge payments with FirstPort over the phone in preparation for my move.

Over a month later I am still getting letters from them saying I owe the monthly service charge payments.

My solicitor says it isn't her problem and my buyer's solicitor is saying it is the responsibility of my buyer to tell FirstPort she has moved in.

FirstPort say it isn't their problem and there isn't anything they can do to help.

I received another letter yesterday saying a £60 fee has been added to 'my' account for not paying the monthly service charge and that they will soon pass 'my' account onto their legal team.

I wholly appreciate any advice given. 

Hi KT and welcome to CAG

You should have a completion statement from your sol'r showing how any balance due to First Point was resolved.

Check the statement and see if it addresses Mgt Fees.

What was the completion date and what date did you last pay Mgt Fees by DD.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick. Thank you so much for getting back to me. 

I last paid my direct debit to FirstPort on June 4th and then my buyer refunded, for want of a better word, £16 to cover the money I'd paid out on my direct debit that covered June 26th onwards to the next payment due on July 4th. Hope that makes sense. 

My completion date was June 26th. Management fees were agreed to be paid by my buyer from June 26th onwards and a statement was sent to show my side of the payments were up to date. 

Edited by KentTeacher

So you paid what you owed on 4th June and the sol'rs agreed your buyer owed you £16 pro-rata for the period post-sale to the next DD date.

How are First Point contacting you - by letter to your new address or email.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

At the very least, you must write to FP by letter and tell them :-

1. This is my new address for future communication

2. I owe you nothing as I sold my flat and all fees payable by me were dealt with on a pro-rata basis on completion.

3. Anything due to you after my flat was sold on xxdate is payable by the new owner at the relevant address.

4. If you continue to make demands for monies I do not owe, I will take advice to stop your harassment.

Get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you post this letter.

Keep us updated.