Curli v Cap 1

curli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I would start a thread on here as I am beginning the process of reclaiming my Capital One charges.

Sent SAR off on 2 November and as I haven't heard anything I have just phoned them. They confirmed that the letter was received by them on 13th November (stalling tactics?) so are counting their 40 days from then. I guess they will use Christmas post as an excuse as well.

Curli

Hi Curli

Did you give the letter to your local branch or send it to head office?. The date should start from your fisrt request letter. However it may be that it was held up due to the amount of claims going in.

Uk..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I sent it to Head Office. My fault though - I was too lazy to go to the PO and send it recorded so I just put it in the normal post box and now I can't prove when they got it. Last thime I will do that though - I have learnt my lesson!

Curli

Oh well. At least they have it now.

Good luck

Uk. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with.

The letter in the templates library for credit cards is much shorter than the bank version and there is only one giving fourteen days, instead of two letters both giving fourteen days that I used for my bank account - do I only have to give them 14 days or should I adapt the bank letters and give CAP1 28 days?

Secondly I have used a simple spreadsheet without interest, but have other people claimed interest successfully? Is it worth trying to get my head around the interest business, because apart from the basic 8% (when it goes to court) I am really unsure how to proceed with this part.

Thanks

Curli