• Tweets

• Paint is a free programme on any Windows PC. But don't worry, the choice here is not either perfection or nothing. As you say, use your scanner, save the file ... and then use the "choose files" option when you post to CAG to add the file. We can do all the redacting and converting to the correct file type at this end.  The important thing is just to get the info to us. Why not do an experiment this afternoon and see if the above works?  
    • I see they're trying to round up asylum seekers and lock them up for about three months so they can be put on planes to Rwanda. I'm a bit surprised that this is legal.  
    • thought for the day "Prime ministers need a big strategy that tells you where you’re going, you need a bunch of tactics that get you there, and you need the ability to take everybody else with you."   Now I know you are all thinking 'why is the  UKs destination Rwanda ???
    • Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
    • Right that's exactly why so many drivers got caught, it had been that way for many years then suddenly changes with no warning
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

VCS ANPR PCN claimform - berkeley precinct sheffield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i sent letter as mrs o'frog suggested and blocked their emails.

i have now received a detailed  letter from them which in brief states.

wont accept appeal

will continue to pursue assuming  i was driver on date until evidence/info to contrary is provided

signs on site meet requirements of ipc

unable to provide machine details, due to data protection

vcs member of ipc, and not bpa

reviewed case and satisfied charge notice correctly issued

rejected appeal so charge will stand

options given:-

pay by 29/03/2019

or

appeal to ias

please advise as to next  step to take

thank you

hi,

i keep taking out their letter and pondering over it, i have read other posts , some of them win and some lose at court.

i dont know if  i will have enough evidence to back me up at court, as my only defence is

late receipt of original letter ( as there was no date stamp on envelope). dont know how i will be able to prove this.

and not driver at time of  incident.

i am not very good at talking and panic, i already have high bp and heart related illness.

should i just ask driver at time of incident to pay,  (if they agree to do so ).?

Edited by rabialioness

thanks for all the support to everyone who has replied, you have boosted my confidence and i will take your advice.

brassneck, - your Foxtrot Oscar made me chuckle and brought a smile to my face. - thank you, first time i've come across this.

i did not mind dx100's reply at all, in fact i was rather amused by his/her brusqueness. (think thats right word).

think i've been watching too much of ---'can't pay , we'll take it away'--- and didn't want bailiffs landing on doorstep.

• 1 month later...

i have been reading some posts relating to this matter, however, none of the situations seem similar to mine.

i have not received request for a letter, but there are some income/expenditure forms and a 'reply form'

what does 'cag'  and EB mean?

next step?

do i leave the LBC to one side and not reply to it, or reply using above script and fill in the income/expenditure form,

or as i have read on another thread

go to moneyclaim website and do the AOC

i have not received any court documentation as yet

received LBC,   standard financial statement,    and a reply form, which asks,

do you owe debt

owe some debt

dont know wether i   owe  debt

i dispute debt.

• 5 months later...

hi peeps,

just thought i would update you all on the current situation.

since i wrote the letter as advised by ericsbrother ,  back in may 2019 i have not had any further communication /letter etc.

do you think they have dismissed the charges and dropped the case, as it has been quite a long time now.

or will they still pursue it eventually.

many thanks to all who put my mind at ease and helped me out in this situation.

• 3 months later...

hi peeps , i'm back again, thought this was over and done with , but unfortuantely  thats not the case.  Just received  a letter with the following info.

ref:- xxxxxxxx

we write regarding the above matter

"i am disappointed to note that we have not reached an amicable agreement in respect of our "letter before claim" despite our engagement in open correspondence.  As such , in accordance with the pre-action protocol ("for debt claims") clause 8.2 we are giving you 14 days notice of our intention to start court proceedings."

the letter is dated  28/02

please advise me on next step to take

many thanks

• 2 months later...

Name of the Claimant :   

vehicle control services limited

2 europa court 

sheffield business park

sheffield 

s9 1xe

Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated)

Date of issue –  28th may 2020

Date for AOS - 15th june 2020

Date to submit Defence - 29th june 2020

What is the claim for  

The claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

The defendants vehicle xxxxxxx, was identified in the Berkeley centre pay & display on the xx/xx/xxxx in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely parked without payment of the parking tariff for the vehicle registration mark of the vehicle on site.

At all material times the defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 

The terms and conditions upon entering the private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. 

The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 

The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim?

£160 + £25 court fees =  £185 total

The claimant beleives that the facts stated in this claim form are true and i am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement

signed   jake burgess  (claimant)

my concern is that if i lose case, it will  be logged on credit file

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN claimform - berkeley precinct sheffield

sorry dx, your advice is clear, its just me , i dont want to make any mistakes and just want to make sure i dont select wrong  option.

i am  on this page and its just the last two that i am unsure of and the signature box

Acknowledgment of Service - Summary & Statement of Truth

Step 4 of 5

Claim Number: xxxxxxxxx

Defendant: xxxxxxxxx

Those fields marked with * are mandatory.

Your Unique Reference

Personal Details
First Name

Surname

Intention

I intend to defend all of this claim.
Statement of Truth
 I am the Defendant 
 I am a Litigation friend 

I confirm I have read the Acknowledgment of Service guidancemandatory  

Signed

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - berkeley precinct sheffield
  • 1 month later...

i have today received a letter stating

Judgement for Claimant (default)       

You have not replied to the claim form 

it is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £160 for debt (and interest to date of judgement) and £25 for costs (less £0 which you have already paid)

you must pay the claimant £185 forthwith

Warning,

if you ignore this order your goods may be removed and sold, or other enforcement  proceedings may be taken against you. If this happens further costs will be added.   If your circumstances change and you cannot pay, ask ath the court office what you can do.

i have not received any other court letters or sars request since i forwarded my mcol claim.

i am confused as to why i have received this, i was expecting a court date and sars  request letters.

i though i might not have submitted mcol claim by mistake, but i have checked my account on there, and the claim for was submitted. on 07/06/2020 .

any advice on next step to take appreciated, 

thanks to all who have helped previously.

Edited by rabialioness

i did follow instructions as dx100 post above.

by completing AOS on the mcol website , i thought that was all i needed to do. and by doing that i was filing defence,  and i had received confirmation on mcol  account

i was not aware and it had not been made clear to me (or if it had i misunderstood) how i could file any further defence.

i thought i had to wait for court date to file a defence or correspond any further

Edited by rabialioness