Direct Line taking money out on the wrong day

aisforandy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently (middle of November) changed my car insurance to Direct Line and agreed with them on the phone to take out a direct debit on the 2nd of every month, starting in December. I double checked with them this was the case on the phone as I needed to know when to have cash in my bank account for them.

Anyway - lo and behold, the money was taken out and I have now gone £10 over my overdraft limit and have a charge pending.

I have called direct line and they have asked me to get a letter from my bank and they will look into it from their end, but from what they can see at the moment, although we agreed on a date over the phone - I shoould have checked the paper work that came through the post (which I did not presume there was a need to).

Anyway - I know I can attack this from the banks side and claiming my charges back - but I am a part of RBS who own Direct Line - is there anyway I can get them to sort it out themselves?

Also, should this happen again, is there any way I can ask my bank to not pay anything I don't have enough credit for?