iwgunter - vs - Barclays

iwgunter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got the statements through and now writing my preliminary letter. Already claimed over £2,000 from HSBC and now it's time to attack Barclays.

Here's my preliminary letter. I'm charging Barclays interest from the start at 27.5% annually, which is their unauthorised borrowing rate and I class these charges as unauthorised borrowing from me.

I have also added a clause to add compensation to me for my inconvenience in fighting these claims at £5.00 per letter I have to write which covers, but not limited to, paper, ink, postage, envelope, research, time and travel costs.

Dear Sirs

Over the past six years, you have charged me for Paid Referrals, Unpaid Outs and Unauthorised Overdraft Fees. It has come to my attention that this is unlawful at common law, and under statute and recent consumer regulations.

In the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time I opened my account, it is implied that you will conduct yourselves in a manner which complies with UK law.

I require full repayment of these charges, which I calculate at £2010.00 plus interest of £1,179.34. The total is £3,189.34. I am charging interest at YOUR unauthorised borrowing rate of 27.5% EAR, as these charges were “borrowed” from my account without my authorisation. I have included a breakdown of charges.

I also ask you to remove any default notices on my credit record that are related to these charges. A correction or amendment to the entries is not acceptable.

If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and costs, plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit to the OFT a complaint under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 upon the basis that you have failed to comply with their direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not ‘fit and proper’ to hold a consumer credit license under the 1974 Act.

From this letter onwards, I will also be adding £5.00 for every letter I have to send, this is to cover my inconvenience and paper, ink, postage, envelope, research, time and travel costs.

Yours faithfully

Any thoughts?

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED