• Tweets

• The case against the US-based ride-hailing giant is being brought on behalf of over 10,800 drivers.View the full article
    • I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't forget that they often put fees on that are undescribed, or not within their tariff table. Left blank or described as a 'legal fee'. They also can't decide when someone has an arrangement and will err on the side that they haven't, despite any FOS result or court agreement.

I have also had agent fee,what's this????????

I have also had agent fee,what's this????????

It sounds as though it's a debt councelling fee, a field agent looking into your circumstances, and is charged even if you decline the service. You have to ask them to provide full invoices for any legal services they claim they have used, along with names and dates. They are not keen on providing that info. and usually come back with the 'lost' excuse' or poor copies that don't have a breakdown of the costs.

It sounds as though it's a debt councelling fee, a field agent looking into your circumstances, and is charged even if you decline the service. You have to ask them to provide full invoices for any legal services they claim they have used, along with names and dates. They are not keen on providing that info. and usually come back with the 'lost' excuse' or poor copies that don't have a breakdown of the costs.

I understood this to be an estate agents fee. Looking through my SAR Capstone computer notes, it seems like an instruction for somebody via the estate agent to attend with bailiff to change the locks. £29.38 is the fee charged on mine 3 times

I understood this to be an estate agents fee. Looking through my SAR Capstone computer notes, it seems like an instruction for somebody via the estate agent to attend with bailiff to change the locks. £29.38 is the fee charged on mine 3 times

It could be for anything, but we won't know until the OP is more specific. Even then it's a lottery, as Capstone pull figures out of a hat and don't treat all customers in the same way. If there is a figure you are unsure of you have to make an issue of it.

Hi - re the legal fees added to your accounts - can i tell you that i asked for copies of the sols. invoices and got them as was my right - this was not a sar, this was after a court hearing and we had a legal right to see everything particularly as these costs were being laid at our feet! I might also say that despite having these it did not stop my lender adding 'extras' to the account which i have challenged and had removed. I should think you can request info to evidence costs too. Oh, and another subject I guess but, has anyone looked at the Mortgage Indemnity fees - think these can be challenged as a business cannot ask a consumer to indemnify their losses.:)

Guest MamaG1

What alife, this is criminal, as there are so m any loop holes for this legal theives, I am sure there should be for the victims- borrowers as well. we need to find the loop holes to support and protect ourselves from these sharks!!!.

Guest MamaG1

Very interesting, what was your case with them so far, are they just suddenly offering you a reduction ?? . I wonder why, the Government may be unto them or something. that is very very odd, need to further invesdtigate. there may be a loop hole they dont want you to find and use against them hence this may be thier back up.

Guest MamaG1

Cheers Caro, have read on this. It obviously doesnt really help me. they seem to be covered which ever way you look at this. This whole industry sucks!!. excuse my language.

But it is just so frustrating, that the Government could have allowed such mispractices within the system and then the masses still have to pay????.

THE THREAD HAS PETERED OUT

MUCH WORK TO BE DONE HERE

THERE IS NO RESPITE WITHOUT EFFORT

YOU WERE GIVEN A CLUE MONTHS AGO

IN THE FIRST INSTANCE GET YOURSELVES A SUIT OF ARMOUR. THAT MEANS LOGGING COMPLAINT WITH THE DISGUSTING CAPSTONE ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THEY HAVE THROWN AT YOU

WHEN THEY DO NOT ADDRESS YOUR COMPLAINT ADEQUATELY YOU THEN TROT OFF TO THE FOS AND LODGE YOR COMPLAINT WITH THEM.

In the meantime of course, try the following:

The Rt. Hon. John McFall MP, head of the Treasury Select Committee investigating the ****.

Julian Edwards, newly appointed consumer supremo at the FSA.

Richard Dyson at the Mail on Sunday who wrote about these scumbags last year.

Chris Choi, ITN Consumer Affairs Correspondent.

Your local MP. (Yes I know another set of self serving scumbags who are probably stepping down, in which case every candidate going for the parliamentary seat)

Your MEP. A lot of what is going on is in direct contravention to EU mandated law.

The Office of Fair Trading who will not look at individual complaints but must ensure that consumer protections are being observed nonetheless.

Trading Standards at High Wycombe.

The Serious Fraud Office.

And finally the point of complaint that got ITBG chucked off this site and helped nail SPPL to the INSOLVENCY MAST...

The CIB of Companies House. If my signature shows it is right there...

There's a battle here...THEY WANT YOUR KEYS. ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM HAVE THEM WITHOUT A PROPER FIGHT?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Well said EIE. You have to push them and show them what you know. It all takes so long and it's all so easy just to give up.

Don't give up..Keep on going. They have caused us enough sleepless nights and financial rot.

Guest MamaG1

Many thanks to all. This truly is a streefull time of my life, but I have to fight and not give up. I do really feel like just giving up and letting it all just ride, I dont feel I have the energy at all, I am so stressed, angry, down and confused.

I am sure will get correspondence from them today. I am dreading it, I will let u all know if so. and will not give up or in to them blood suckers. how unfair life can be??.

Edited by MamaG1
additions

Guest MamaG1

oh my, they have responded.

Thier mail says.

Dear: name

Client: SPML

Client ref ...

Balance Outstanding: £10..,000

Thank you for your recent contact, Please find enclosed the requested documents.

Please contactus ASAP on 08..... ( tel no.) to make payments

Failure to respond to this letter may result in further action.

I do not even know if this people are a legal company, they could be anybody. They have not sent the contract I requested for. they just sent along their top letter a statment of the so called mortgage account on just plain paper without a letter head of SPML, capstone or them. with statement date saying the ../3/10.

SO CALLED STATEMENT:

Mortgage account no, completion date original advance etc. I will have to scann this on the system. it just says all sort of charges, I then see insurance on the line items??. All came to a total of £228,000.....

At the end the attached a so called statement of Account. WITH NO LETTER HEAD, DONT KNOW WHO PRODUCED THIS . BUT IT SAYS :

DATE: jANUARY 2009.

PROPERTY ADDRESS... ....

To capstone Mortgage servs ltd.

and the name of the affor owner, account no.

sale price £130,000.

less the following

Allowance in respect of arrears of Service charge -375.65

apportionment of Service charge £38.69

allowance in respect of possible service charge deficit £100.00

Monies received on completion £129,485.66

Less

Amount paid to Asset managers in settlement of thier invoice ( copy invoice herewith) - £4,525.25 (no copy included to me) so dont know aht this is

Our legal cost in connection with the sale ( copy invoice herewith) - None included.

Total deductions £5178.00

AMOUNT PAID TO REDEM MORTGAGE TO SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LTD.: £124,307.66, at which point the balance on the so statement shows £228,...... leaving a balance of u knw what £103,000....will scann this on as well.

Do they have the right. What should I do now. who do I write to. I am preparing to send form M1.

This people are Armed robbers, legally, thisis outrageous and the governemtn should stop them.

I am sure they are a racket who pray on vulnerable borrowers like me and millions of others, I pray the arm of the law will catch up wiyh them sonner than they think!!!!.

CAGGERS PLS.ADVISE WHAT IS THE BEST NEXT STEP TO TAKE PLS.

Help pls.

Edited by MamaG1
AMEND

Guest MamaG1

Thier mail says.

Dear: Name...

Client ref ...

Thank you for your recent contact, Please find enclosed the requested documents.

I do not even know if this people are a legal company, they could be anybody. They have not sent the contract I requested for. they just sent along their top letter a statment of the so called mortgage account on just plain paper without a letter head of SPML, capstone or them. with statement date saying the ../3/10.

SO CLLED STATEMENT:

Mortgage account no, completion date original advance etc. I will have to scann this on the system. it just says all sort of charges, I then see insurance on the line items??. All came to a total of £228,000.....

At the end the attached a so called statement of Account. WITH NO LETTER HEAD, DONT KNOW WHO PRODUCED THIS . BUT IT SAYS :

PROPERTY ADDRESS... ....

sale price £130,000.

less the following

Less

Amount paid to Asset managers in settlement of thier invoice ( copy invoice herewith) - £4,525.25 (no copy included to me) so dont know aht this is

Our legal cost in connection with the sale ( copy invoice herewith) - None included.

AMOUNT PAID TO REDEM MORTGAGE TO SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LTD.: £124,307.66, at which point the balance on the so statement shows £228,...... leaving a balance of u knw what £103,000....will scann this on as well.

Do they have the right. What should I do now. who do I write to. I am preparing to send form M1.

This people are Armed robbers, legally, thisis outrageous and the governemtn should stop them.

I am sure they are a racket who pray on vulnerable borrowers like me and millions of others, I pray the arm of the law will catch up wiyh them sonner than they think!!!!.

Pls advise which is the best next way forward. Form M1 or another possible template letter to send them??,or a subject access request and to whom DCA, Crapstone, or SPML??

Help pls.

Thier mail says.

Dear: Name...

Client ref ...

SO CLLED STATEMENT:

PROPERTY ADDRESS... ....

sale price £130,000.

less the following

Less

Pls advise which is the best next way forward. Form M1 or another possible template letter to send them??,or a subject access request and to whom DCA, Crapstone, or SPML??

Help pls.

After quickly looking back through your posts it seems that a DC is looking towards your new or other property to secure this 'old' debt with SPML. Is the property you have now in your sole name or is it jointly owned?

Mama G1.. Keep the script flowing. Write back and ask for the invoices, SAR, and true statements. Point out all the faults in their 'claim'. It's not easy, and it is stressful but you have to do it. You are in the best position to do this, as you know the full extent of what has gone on.

Send a SAR to all 3. £30 well spent to cross reference what they have to say. Your postman won't thank you but you are sure to come across some serious mistakes in the conduct of your mortgage account.

I had 2 for a joint account for SPML, both edited differently, so I was able to piece together what it said. They had lied and said they hadn't received payments but it was in b&w that they had.

Go get them.

Mama G1

YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTLE TO THEM. They are the **** of the earth and will walk all over you if you let them.

Listen to Crapstone as this advice is dead right...

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I see SPPL has filed accounts and that it's status is no longer pending to be struck off rather now as active.

Wonder who signed them

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Oh GREAT just what I needed! Spoke to capstone and they said we can deal with them coz Land Registry have authority????? any answers??

Noticed this thread is going COLD come on you lot lets get together. If I can being bild over by this lot and moving into rented and still figh then cant we all?? Cant get on here all the time as still packing boxes. The only thing holding us up is Crapstone coz they want a signature and still not sent SARS last date due 14th April. Gave them all the 40 working days they need.