• Tweets

• Will get them done asap My job changes week to week so at the time I didn’t know. 
    • You will probably get a couple more reminders followed by further demands fro unregulated debt collectors with even increasing amounts to pay. They are all designed to scare you into paying.  Don't. It's a scam site and they do not know who was driving and they know the keeper is not liable to pay the PCN. Also the shop was closed so they have no legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear. So to charge £100 is a penalty as there is no legitimate interest which means that the case would be thrown out if it went to Court.  Keep your money in your wallet and be prepared to ignore all their letters and threats. Doubtful they would go to Court since a lot more people would not pay when they heard  MET lost in Court. However they may just send you a Letter of Claim to test your resolve.  If yoy get one of those, come back to us and we will advise a snotty letter to send them.  You probably already have, but take a look through some of our past Met PCNs to see how they are doing.
    • Hello, been a while since I posted on here, really hoping for the same support an advice I received last time :-) Long, long story for us, but basically through bad choices, bad luck and bad advice ended up in an IVA in 2016. The accounts involved all defaulted, to be expected. In 2018, I got contacted by an 'independent advisor' advising me that I shouldn't be in an IVA, that it wasn't the solution for our circumstances and that they would guide us through the process of leaving the IVA and finding a better solution. I feel very stupid for taking this persons advice, and feel they prey on vulnerable people for their own financial gain (it ended with us paying our IVA monthly contribution to them)-long and short of it our IVA failed in 2018. At the same time the IVA failed we also had our shared ownership property voluntarily repossessed (to say this was an incredibly stressful time would be an understatement!) When we moved to our new (rented) property in August 2018, I was aware that creditors would start contacting us from the IVA failure. I got advice from another help website and started sending off SARs and CCAs request letters. I was advised not to bury my head and update our address etc and tackle each company as they came along. Initially there was quite a lot of correspondence, and I still get a daily missed call from PRA group (and the occasional letter from them), but not much else. However, yesterday i had a letter through from Lowell (and one from Capital One) advising that they had bought my debt and would like to speak with me regarding the account. There will be several.of these through our door i suspect, as we did have several accounts with Capital One. Capital One have written to us with regular statements over the last 5 years, and my last communication with them was to advise of of our new address (June 2019), I also note that all of these accounts received a small payment in Jan2019 (i'm assuming the funds from the failed IVA pot). Really sorry for the long long post, but just thought id give (some of) the background for context.... I guess my question at the moment is.....how do I respond to Lowell...do I wait for the inevitable other letters to arrive then deal with them all together or individually...? Do I send them a CCA?  Many thanks
    • hi all just got the reminder letter, I have attached it and also the 2nd side of the original 1st pcn (i just saw the edit above) Look forward to your advice Thanks   PCN final reminder.pdf pcn original side 2.pdf
    • The airline said it was offering to pay $10,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NABL

think things have passed you by,big talking point a few weeks ago was the imminent insolvency of sppl because of no directors and this was from info posted by the spv on the net.Would ring oft though as this is still unconfirmed officially.

RYDE

I know about imminent insolvency of SPPL, our loan is with SPPL and is a second charge and a regulated loan under the CCA, Capstone as far as I know are not licenced by the OFT, the running of our accounts is probably being carried out using the existing SPPL licence, but if SPPL are insolvent then there is no licence, if this is correct I will challenge there right to carry out the administration.

NABL

..interesting point regarding consumer credit licences etc.. I've just looked up the date that LPLL filed notice to surrender their licence 04/05/06 & completed 05/06/06.

..my question to anyone who can answer please - does LPLL have the legal right to enter into a CCA1974 agreement with a consumer during those dates above?.. also, given that LPLL changed registered name at companies house on 02/05/06, if this new name doesn't appear on the consumer credit licence then doesn't that mean they don't have the legal right to sell loans?

ZillaK :)

Edited by ZillaK
adding more detail to 2nd para.

see where youre going nabl good idea,thought you may have missed a few earlier posts and this lot have never been worried about any sort of regulation or proper procedure their ethic is just do it until told to stop which hasn't exactly happened yet.

see where youre going nabl good idea,thought you may have missed a few earlier posts and this lot have never been worried about any sort of regulation or proper procedure their ethic is just do it until told to stop which hasn't exactly happened yet.

Only one problem have seen somewhere that all loans issued by SPPL were transfered to SPML, but all correspondance we have received is from SPPL so will use that if theres an argument.

Will let you know tomorrow of any progress.

NABL

..interesting point regarding consumer credit licences etc.. I've just looked up the date that LPLL filed notice to surrender their licence 04/05/06 & completed 05/06/06.

..my question to anyone who can answer please - does LPLL have the legal right to enter into a CCA1974 agreement with a consumer during those dates above?.. also, given that LPLL changed registered name at companies house on 02/05/06, if this new name doesn't appear on the consumer credit licence then doesn't that mean they don't have the legal right to sell loans?

Is your loan above or below £25,000?, if its below it should come under the CCA and the OFT, check your agreement, not sure about the legal rights question will leave that one for the legal experts.

Only one problem have seen somewhere that all loans issued by SPPL were transfered to SPML.

hi nabl..

on what date? 11/03/09? only loans issued by or also including those legally assigned to SPPL?

also, what's happening tomorrow? court?

ps - our loan is regulated under CCA1974 but with LPPL then assigned to SPPL.

Edited by ZillaK
adding a ps

Dont wish to be the bearer of real bad news everyone spml/pml 6/01/2010 full accounts made up to AA 06/01/2010 FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/11/07

Mind you 2009 september accounts still overdue if any consolation ,check CH.

is it bad news ?

must not forget

"I have absolute proof, from written evidence, that SPML is both balance sheet and trading insolvent.

hi nabl..

on what date? 11/03/09? only loans issued by or also including those legally assigned to SPPL?

also, what's happening tomorrow? court?

ps - our loan is regulated under CCA1974 but with LPPL then assigned to SPPL.

Hello Zillak

No not court, going to spend the day trying to stick a spanner in works, one questions when you receive any letters about your loan whose name appears on the letterhead?.

NABL

FSA Register

FSA REGISTER SHOWS AMANY ATTIA STILL ACTIVE AT SPPL,SEE WHAT WERE UP AGAINST EVEN THE INFO GIVEN BY THE REGULATORS IS UNRELIABLE

Ryde

FSA may still show her as active at SPPL, but Companies House tell a different story, went in April last year, jumped or pushed not sure, I said her is Amany masculine or feminine?, not much communication between FSA, OFT, and Companies House.

@ NABL

letterheads:

..in the application pack/agreement/mortgage deed etc - LPLL who are an authorised representative of Matlock Bank Limited.

..the letters that accompany the cheque/confirm legal assignment to SPPL are on SPPLL t/a LPL..

..the letters that enclosed copies of agreement/mortgage deed/personal docs used in support of application are on SPPLL t/a LPL..

..later letters such as statements/defaults etc are on SPML t/a LMC..

.. I also have letters from SPML t/a LMC that also state my loan was assigned to SPPLL from LPLL..*

..and just a few months after the * letters - documents from SPML t/a LMC stating that the loan was assigned to SPML from LPLL..

ps - on the consumer credit licence issue I mentioned earlier - I may be wrong but when a company submits CCVS form to surrender their licence they must also enclose the actual licence.. I am under the impression that if you are no longer physically in receipt of the licence then you must also cease trading in activities bound by the licence and to do so is a criminal offence.

EIE - You asked for the email of the Mail Reporter who did article last Sunday 3rd Jan. Main article featured a repo from Rooftop but ..... there was still a substanitial boxed article headed " Unregulated The Tough Sub Prime Mortgage Lenders - article referred to SPML!! Article actually stated " The current ownership of many such lenders is unclear" and Goes on to say that Citizens Advice etc. suggests these lenders are especially harsh over arrears! Quote from FSA in article says "Regulation doesnt cover the owner only the administrator and the Administrator has no responsibility for setting rates and charges. We support proposals to extend our remit. The report ends by saying Capstone, responsible for SPML failed to answer our questions!! What a surprise. So what does anyone make of this? And importantly, article ended by saying "Do you have a mortgage with SPML, Preferred, Rooftop or Oakwood? Email [email protected]

So guess we should all email him and tell him to look carefully through all these pages and Read!!! Perhaps those more "technically legal" can raise some more specific questions with him? An opportunity???

Dont wish to be the bearer of real bad news everyone spml/pml 6/01/2010 full accounts made up to AA 06/01/2010 FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/11/07

Mind you 2009 september accounts still overdue if any consolation ,check CH.

I dont think this is bad news at all because they are not exactly fully up to date. I got my mortgage in 2007 with PML when they were still trading properly, so wouldnt expect there to be an issue with supplying account for this time. I do think it will be much harder for them to supply full accounts for 2008/2009.

I dont think this is bad news at all because they are not exactly fully up to date. I got my mortgage in 2007 with PML when they were still trading properly, so wouldnt expect there to be an issue with supplying account for this time. I do think it will be much harder for them to supply full accounts for 2008/2009.

Southern Pacific Mortgage Limited

Last Annual Return 21/9/09

Shares 7750572 all held by Retsetfan

Two Directors

Amany Attia MD

Paul Stuart Chambers (appointment terminated 15/10/09 jumped ship at SPPL same day)

The latest entry 6/1/2010 was for full accounts up to 30/11/2007

Full accounts for 30/11/06 submitted 29/7/08 so there seems to be a two year delay.

So only one director, (already in a bit of trouble) does not look very good to me, if this lots not dead in the water they should be.

1. LMC ltd on CH - proposal to strike off notification(see CH website). Same for SPPL, but not up on CH site as yet, but strike off imminent also.

2. Recent accounts of SPML/PML to CH from PWC, are ONLY for their year ending 30/11/07; so 30/11/08 & 30/11/09 still overdue. Prosecution of Attia continues.

3. Limited companies can have several trading names, so this is adding to the confusion:

SPML t/as as SPML or 'London Mortgage Company'

Matlock Bank Ltd t/as as 'London Mortgage Company'

SPPL t/as Southern Pacific Personal Loans Ltd or 'London Personal Loans', etc.

Check out the actual company registration of each lender and the trading name they each use.

I dont think this is bad news at all because they are not exactly fully up to date. I got my mortgage in 2007 with PML when they were still trading properly, so wouldnt expect there to be an issue with supplying account for this time. I do think it will be much harder for them to supply full accounts for 2008/2009.quote sced.

So they still have 2 lots to submit and are under penalty fine to submit these.What disturbs me is that they're actually making the effort to submit anything. Keeping my fingers crossed that you're right sced.

nabl

amany attia is a woman.

sced

if you got your mortgage in 2007 it should be directly traceable to the eurosail spv if that is any help,you could then monitor the notices the spv posts to noteholders to see exactly what is happening with that particular fund.

On another note why do we have to have guests on this site can't admin insist everyone register,people are posting highly sensitive info here and we all know the scummers are watching and are therefore prearmed or warned and always one step ahead.How can something be done about this,half the time I can't post what I want to.

I bet our lot have got someone full time on this going through all the info posted everyday,you'd have to be a complete cretin not to put 2 and 2 together and tie in the posts to a particular litigant,its like knowing someones case before they've presented it.

Edited by ryde

sced

if you got your mortgage in 2007 it should be directly traceable to the eurosail spv if that is any help,you could then monitor the notices the spv posts to noteholders to see exactly what is happening with that particular fund.

Mine was bundled with Mortgage Funding 2008. I originally thought it was Eurosail but our good friends wrote to me with the insurance bull**** and let the cat out the bag themselves lol.

EAGLEFORMS

I read somewhere that if you have a repayment plan you shouldn't be paying any arrears fees if this is maintained,is this correct?

will investigate further.

Ryde,

This is stated at the bottom of the tarriff and charges letter. I have an arrangement in place and have not had any arrears fees added to my account since I have managed to maintain the payments - just.

Mollie.

Ryde,

This is stated at the bottom of the tarriff and charges letter. I have an arrangement in place and have not had any arrears fees added to my account since I have managed to maintain the payments - just.

Mollie.

THANKS MOLLIE,

Not being in this position didn't know how it worked,so they pile on fees as soon as you get into arrears until they get a suspended repo and or an arrangement.Meaning if you miss a payment you get stuck with an arrears fee every month (which is? ) making it virtually impossible to get back on track and make up the original missed payment,escalating eventually to repo.basically the admin for this costs £50+ per month.?

from the previous PWC report on Mable Commercial Funding Ltd, and its confirmation of setting up a new holding company for the mortgage assets;

i believe this is it: Lehman Brothers Assets Management Ltd

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

it could be PWC will dump everyones mortgages into this company, by creating the illusion, that your existing lenders(bankrupt) have 'sold' your mortgages into this new Lehmans company(incorp.10/11/09), only in name.

the majority shareholding is Safaro Corporation Ltd(80% share), 10% by Lehmans Bros Bankcorp of Investments & Securities Ltd(31/10/09).,PWC are restructuring the whole criminal cabal, in order to continue the dispossession of the British people....guess what? all at the same registered address-

.:SAFARO CORPORATION:.

lovely Safaro £billion office block, (google map- 94,Lansbury Drive,Hayes)....

ITBG?

following

the money

Think by the look of it the dumping ground/holding company may be spml so pretty close! and good memories of the dead herring.( still under construction ):grin::grin:

Edited by ryde

zillak

far as I know its all bundled together and interest added on as well!

Does anyone know whats happened to lord caggers (itbg) posts, appears a lot have been pulled.Apart from the crazed ones there was one really good one which gave an indication of exactly what appears to be happening now.

It said something about CH cutting PWC some slack with the current mob so all the mortgages could be dumped into one vehicle instead of being scattered through the group and it looks to me based on what has been occuring as though he was dead right.

Can lord cagger be resurrected ala Lazarus??

If someone gave him a boot the needle might move.

In lord cagger

I trust

wars here

etc

etc

Edited by ryde

zillak

far as I know its all bundled together and interest added on as well!

hmm.. ok.. after looking through my agreement (albeit regulated under cca1974) I find no specific clause that says default charges are also secured..

.. it does say that they will apply payments made firstly to default charges, then to interest, then capital etc..

..I was told in the past by a debt counsellor that, when experiencing financial difficulties, it is unlawful to make payments towards unsecured or non-priority debts so therefore you can't favour them when priority debts are in arrears or outstanding..

..can't find any law to back this up.. but am wondering if they can be forced to apply payments to the secured element first.. and that the term in the contract is unfair because it forces you to break the law..

ZillaK :-)