• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Crapstone

Iv never had any correspondence with capstone but his name is there when searching under LMC on the FSA register.

My quarterly statement did come with an arrears letter in the same envelope.

I am happy that you have had a refund,please dont take it that I was having a gripe.

I wonder how long it will be before they take it back off you though, in form of charges,as they seem quick to refund against the account,no doubt they will be wanting it back. Sooner rather than later.

Little Dotty...Gripes or not...they are of no concern..Getting the best outcome for all of us is :).

Capstone have no chance of putting the charges back on as I do believe they are been forced to refund ahead of the FSA final decision. It looks good all around..SPML/Capstone are being good boys and the FSA are being seen to be doing something constructive for a change.They are going to want the ripples ironed out before the tidal wave.

AFAIK they shouldn't be enclosing arrears letters with your statement, it should be clear and stand alone. They can remind you of the arrears on the statement but not enclose a demanding letter if it's a due statement.

Hopefully there is something going on and you'll get the positive outcome you need to stop any further court action. Fingers crossed. :wink:

EIE,

Totally agree that if there is a filterering it needs to start at the bottom but realistically we aren't going to see that. Any insolvency has to maximise the income with the least disruption..preserve the assets and revenue.

The FSA wouldn't name the beggers. Why not if they aren't trading? To protect their own behinds for not doing their job sooner? To hide behind causing harm to the industry and the individual companies is a cop out. As above ..would that tie in I wonder? Preserve the company until last minute and maximise it's trading capability ..wouldn't want investors, customers or creditors making claims or not paying prior to the winding up which is obviously going to happen in the short term!

hi Guys,

Do not, l repeat, do not speculate in any bankrupcy for PLM/SPML/LMC and so on. There is only one single event that could cause these mongrels to go belly up or have to wind up and that is if the spv's enforce their securities, i.e. the transfer of the legal titles. However, before that event can take place the spv's have to sort out their swap guarantees with Lehman Special Funding and ultimately Lehman Europe. The administrator will not volunteer to hand over assets like these titles, as that gives the whole mortgage book away, i.e. control of billions in properties with mortgages. l think that we should concentrate on our particular situation and continue to find the correct answere to the question...''did the lender give the borrower the right information and did he act with intent to defraud''.

Personally, l do not think the mortgage originators we are dealing with will go down for a long long time, but, will be kept alive by all and any means by the administrator. l think that the spv's will be forced to go to court to enforce their rights and the issue will be stuck in the system for such a long time that they may go south themselves before it is resolved. l bet you all that Capstone will be sold off and re-hired by PCW to administrate the mortgage books. And, l think too that PML/SPML/LMC/PLATFORM and whatever else that is lying around will survive as paper companies until it is clear which entity can be sold off intact and what has to be dissolved.

Please note, ladies and Gentlemen, that neither of the above outfits really needs to trade or have more than one (on paper) employee. The turn over can be £1.00 and as long as they do not fall behind on taxes, VAT, salaries, rent or other financial undertakings, they are ok. They are active and turn over a few thousand, pay one salary and that's it. Remember that they have no real financial obligations towards the spv's. The guarantees were all given by Lehman Special Financing and Lehman Europe. l know this is messy, but, be patient and concentrate on what is important to us, the borrowers, and we shall prevail.

Gustavius

Gus,

As regards the min. requirements for an active company I agree, though CH have confirmed SPML have a pending prosecution for late filing etc. Can't say(P&C) what the deadline date is but, its not far away. See what happens.

ITBG?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

Gus,

As regards the min. requirements for an active company I agree, though CH have confirmed SPML have a pending prosecution for late filing etc. Can't say(P&C) what the deadline date is but, its not far away. See what happens.

ITBG?

Hi Baddy,

You may be right and it may be so bad that Companies House will wind them up due to non-filing. However, if that event should materialise we will have a major circus coming to town with not only the appearance of a lot of clowns, but, some real nasty and dangereous carnevours as well. lt is not a scenario that we should whish for, but, rather that PML/SPML and the rest will survive until we have had our day in court! lf any of the originators goes down there will be a major scramble among the scavengers to get to the carcass. We are, unfortunately, not strong enough to take part in the feast as we cannot unite. ln the world of wild animals and scavengers in particular, only the strong survive. As individuals without major financial backing we will be nothing more than canned dog food to be devoured at leasure. Do not forget that many of the spv bondholders are hedge funds, institutional and wealthy investors with access to money and the best in legal help.

So, let's get together and form a interest group with representation, that's the best way forward for us.

Gustavius

I have a mortgage with SPML whose fixed rate ended earlier this year and I am now on the libor rate.

As SPML is no longer offering new products due to the Lehman Problems, would it be worth me giving them the incentive for me to move away by requesting a discount on the amount owed thus increasing the equity/LTV ?

Please let me know your thoughts as to whether anyone else has done this ?

I have just rung them up and the settlement is virtually no different (this would obviously be the case as it was an interest only mortgage !).

Should I offer a settlement of Amount owed less 15% discount ?

Do you have any idea of the wording as obviously it would be subject to successful offer of a mortgage from an alternative lender.

Also, should this be made out to SPML's address direct or Capstone ? I think Capstone would say no to discounted settlement whereas as SPML's administrators may think differently ?

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

Hello Gus,

I'm not a baddy? I'm a gooddy!

I agree that contract and performance issues are important, but the exposure of the SPVs, will help us facilitate our cause. It will reveal how?when?why? are mortgages were sold, modified and unregulated by an unlicensed third party.

ITBG?

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

lt would really help if all you guys who have dropped in latey read through the whole thread. lt is very difficult if not totally impossible to understand the process of discussion that has been conducted here without reading through the entire thread. Abbrevations and initials are explained as is the whole mortgage origination - securitisation - guarantee - re-guarantee process. For all of us who are in the middle of a very serious conclusion to the questions at hand to start all over again is too destructive to contemplate. We do need additional interest and engagement here, but, please do yourself as well as us the favour to study or read through this thread.

Gustavius

Originally posted by Gustavius Rex

lt would really help if all you guys who have dropped in latey read through the whole thread. lt is very difficult if not totally impossible to understand the process of discussion that has been conducted here without reading through the entire thread. Abbrevations and initials are explained as is the whole mortgage origination - securitisation - guarantee - re-guarantee process. For all of us who are in the middle of a very serious conclusion to the questions at hand to start all over again is too destructive to contemplate. We do need additional interest and engagement here, but, please do yourself as well as us the favour to study or read through this thread.

Wholeheartedly agree. There are very serious things happening right now that affect each and every one us profoundly and though we don't always see 100% eye to eye we have some idea as to where we are going with this. It is too critical at this stage to be spending valuable time answering ABC questions. Read the thread.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

EiE,

any word on the web on what happened to PWC at the CofA today?

ITBG?

Can anyone assist with http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/170607-spml-london-mortgage-company-97.html#post2529988

I have read this thread with interest and understand the issues noted however, this does not address the potential (if any!) for speculative discount for settlement purposes (like the deals seen offered by other Lehmans subsidaries/trading companies ?

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

Suetonius,

thanks for reply. I agree, if we can move to the other thread to continue.

I am also in full support of the performance & contract issues, these issues have a higher probability of success.

Indeed, the illustration is convincing, however I will post other illustrations from reputable sources, that negate yours. To include 'an equity trust, is redundant in the context of a true sale securitisation.

Could you reveal the author/source/date & title so I may examine it?

Hello ITBG?

Just in case you missed it, I responded on the other thread..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2503345.html

and further suggested reading..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2503707.html

• Haha 1

Sue,

got it, will comment as necessary.

ITBG?

ITBG

hearing runs into tomorrow. I suspect judgment may be reserved but have no intelligence which supports this suspicion.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

THE MASTER OF THE ROLLS’ COURT COURT 71

Before THE MASTER OF THE ROLLS

LORD JUSTICE LONGMORE and

LORD JUSTICE PATTEN

Tuesday, 27th October, 2009

At half-past 10

APPEAL

From The Chancery Division

FINAL DECISIONS IN BANKRUPTCY

A2/2009/1994 In the Matter of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (in Administration). Appeal of Applicants from the order of Honourable Mr Justice Blackburne, dated 21st August 2009, filed 10th September 2009. Part Heard.

As promised I called Capstone to find out why they have refunded my charges.

It seems that they are 'reviewing accounts' and 'in process'. I tried to pin the down on something more specific but they aren't biting despite trying to lead them. They were unusually polite and suggested that I put any concerns in writing as they were unable to answer at this time.

Is this same company? I got the feeling that they are not as free and as easy speaking as usual. If you've spoken to them in the past you'll know what I mean as they usually can't be ar..ed to give you the time of day and make it somewhat obvious.

I think there is a bit of bottom clenching and pursing of lips going on, down in High Wycombe.

GR,

I'm not sure if I agree that SPML, LMC.. and Capstone will continue. With a crackdown on their funding methods how will they meet their overheads? The still need to keep up to spec. with their requirement as lenders and admin. companies to the borrower.

I can see investors and holders strongly objecting to any reinstatement of Capstone and wanting their returns ASAP after being sold as short as we were. I also think the the whole industry and regulatory authorities will be keen to clear up every last bit of Lehmans as it's a cringing reminder that they would sooner we forget about......until next time......

Hi Suetonius,

Just to clarify

it was listed on Sunday for Monday without indication that it would run to tomorrow. It was then listed on Monday as hearing on Tuesday. I can only go with what is contemporaneous. Hope we are not at cross purposes here!

EiE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Crapstone

No letter today. I have been particularly strong in going in at them. Any thoughts following on from your conversation?

Any victim of this sub prime garbage please confirm if your charges have been refunded. This is really important.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...