• Tweets

• TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Nolans SPC Claim - Newday Marbles Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

name the issuing court: Hamilton Sherriff Court

Who Is The Claimant: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Who Are the Solicitors: Nolans Solicitors

What type of action? (Simple/Ordinary): Simple

What is the claim for –

1.On or around 26/06/2017 the respondent entered into a Credit Card Agreement with New Day Ltd under which the respondent borrowed from them a sum of money repayable on demand.

2.The said agreement was an agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1973..

3.The respondent failed to pay as agreed and is in breach of contract with the said NEW DAY LTD.

4.The said supplier assigned all rights in the said debt to CABOT FINANCIAL UK LIMITED on 09/01/2019 and the claimants have advised the respondent of the same.

5.The said sum of £1261.96 is the sum sued for.

6.The claimants have made frequent requests to the respondent to make payment of the said sum but the respondent has refused or delayed to do so.

D.4:

Date of agreement - 26/06/2017

Reference number: xx

Unpaid balance: £1261.96

date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ] :- Not sure

Last Date Of Service [or from form 07]:- 09/03/2020

Last Date For Response [or from form 07]:- 30/03/2020

What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?]

1. No defence: No evidence required

2. No stateable defence (rule 4.4 breach) - no evidence required

3. Defence of prescription: - Copy statement of account only  (agreement must be admitted to plead prescription. So agreement not required)

4. Denial of agreement:- Copy Agreement dated 26/06/2017

Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- Credit card

BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL or [Pleas in law from the writ]

The claimants request that the court order the respondent to pay them the sum of £1261.96

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- Debt purchaser (Cabots)

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure, I think so.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I think so.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? I don't think so

When was you last payment:- Not sure

Why did you cease payments:- I lost my job, had health issues and really got myself into a hole financially.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? I think so, but no formal arrangement. I think I missed a couple of payments and made them aware of my situation.

Hi all,

I've just came across this amazing site and have been reading up on some of the posts regarding Nolans/Cabots.

I may have came across this too late,

this is all new to me and the first thing I did when I got the claim form was to contact Nolans and put forward a without prejudice F&F offer of £400 as a relative was prepared to gift me the sum for the sole purpose of settling the debt.

I used a template from a site which states the offer was without prejudice.

Nolans have flat out rejected the offer and have asked for payment in full and will proceed.

Am I too late to defend this?

Have I prejudice my position by speaking with Nolans?

The last date for response is 30/03/2020.

I will post a CCA request to Cabots tomorrow enclosing £1.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading.

...yes I laughed at that...

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? yes

…………...

newday don't do MBNA cards

so what is the card brand name not that it matters..

no you are not too late and hold your horse for rhe minute 

you have till 30th march before you have to respond so DONT DO ANYTHING

without checking with us first..

right well you've met nolans

biggest fleecers out there..

100's of threads on them here

just be aware they WILL pull ANY STUNT they can to intimidate and unsettle you during this game

which is what is a chess game.

they are 9/10 easily out witted IF you follow and only do what we say and when.

…..

so sit on your hands..

duck inline please first..

newday don't do MBNA cards

so what is the card brand name not that it matters..

do you have any of the statements please

any idea how much are these unlawful £12 fees for over/late/failed DD/it's raining today your fault ...fixed sum fees??

expand upon your history of the card please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Haha, sorry, I was just eager to get all the info up here after finding the site and reading through the threads. Thanks for tidying all of that up for me and the quick response.

Yeah, I realise that now. Definitely no more contact with them and everything will be posted on here. I've dealt with paralegals in a past job with liability disputes so I know the kind of tricks they can get up to and it doesn't phase me as long as I keep myself right with the help of you guys.

The card is definitely MBNA, they even confirmed that on the phone. That is the only other credit card I have had and the balance matches my experian file. Is it possible they have just made a mistake and noted it as NEW DAY instead of MBNA haha? Judging by other threads nothing is impossible with these guys it seems.

I don't have any paper work, I buried my head in the sand and lost all paper work since I moved address. I'm sorry I can't really elaborate on the debt further. I'm sure it started as a £250 limit that was quickly increased to £1250.

I then fell into  financial difficulties after losing my job and put my family first over debt. It's starting to catch up with me now but I'll never regret that decision.

What should my plan of action be now? The only contact I have made is with Nolans following the claim form to put forward a F&F offer of £400 which was rejected. The was a gift from a family member to help settle it so I can't increase that offer at all.

What sickens is me is reading about how they purchase these debts by the barrel load for pennies then try to ruin peoples lives by pursuing them through the courts for the full balance.

Also through reading the threads it seems like in most cases they just hope you don't defend and they are granted an auto decree. They aren't even getting away with that now I found a really interesting read where Nolans have had cases dismissed even when undefended.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2018-sac-(civ)-12.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Sorry for the long post, find all of this very interesting now I read more and more into these fleecers.

Any advice just now would be appreciated.

I have double checked, the debt is with MBNA credit card however on the claim form they have it noted as NEW DAY LIMITED. They are nothing to do with MBNA, they have obviously made a mistake when issuing the SPC. 

Does that affect the validity of the whole claim?

Edited by StandFirm11

you phoned them

they'll agree with you it was a Tesco clubcard if you wanna give them free money..puppet on a string now is you..

how are YOU concluding this is an MBNA card debt??

they mention nothing about MBNA on the claim..

is there a 16 digit card number on the form 03 anywhere please? (dont want it just y/n)

this should be on your credit file too

go get it

tell me if there is a newday debt there and/or an MBNA debt there in cabot name please

if either defaulted date please from the summary too please

bear with me ....just answer my apparent silly questions for now please.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX, appreciate the help.

I looked into this a bit further, I think you're right they just agree to anything on the phone to get you talking.

This is for a Marbles credit card which was provided through NEW DAY.

This is showing on my credit file under CABOT now.

Sorry, I think the thread needs to be updated to NEW DAY now, my mistake.

have they put a 16 digit number on the form 03 anywhere?

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Nolans SPC Claim - Newday Marbles Card

No 16 digit number on the form.

The only reference number on the form is in box D.4 but it's a 19 digit number.

D.4:

Date of agreement - 26/06/2017

Reference number: xx

Unpaid balance: £1261.96

which ofcourse has no ref at all the original marbles 16 digit card number I will guess?

dx

and they

I honestly think this will be the card number now I think about it.

If I remove the first three 0's of the reference number it leaves a 16 digit card number that resembles a CC number.

I just don't have any way to confirm it right now.

The settled account under Marbles on my credit report has no reference number and the Cabot entry under defaulted accounts also has no reference on the report.

Anything I should do right now?

Should I send off anything to cabot/nolans?

god no

don't pull the fleecers chain yet..

it amazes me that someone can blindly ring a fleecer and offer them money when you don't really know what the debt/card they are chasingis  and they don't either..but agree to part with money then they refuse...what muppets.. they could have fleeced you and ran...:lol:

see what I mean about how inept the whole debt selling industry is, and ofcourse not a penny anyone pay a dca goes of any original debt that the OC had they never see a penny of it...quick down the pub lads..this mugs coughed..

you might find this site useful.

https://www.bindb.com/bin-database.html

and they

I know, rookie mistake, just panicked. Glad I'm here now though. I know I can trust you will keep me right Dx :p

No luck with the website you linked there, saying not found when inputting the number.

Ok, so sit on hands just now. I haven't sent a CCA request yet though, just wondering when you think I should be sending that off?

The fact they declined the offer kind of worries me a bit also, I honestly thought they would have bitten my hand off. Makes me think they are confident they can succeed and have all the required paperwork? or they just think I'm a soft touch and will come back offering more?

they are greedy that's why.

nolans haven't got a braincell between themselves.

disregarding the 0's

what are the 1st 6 digits...

also.

shame like mostthey never bothered to say thank you.

dx

and they

I've read that thread, I really wish he had came back to update. I am assuming good news though, otherwise he would have been asking for help. I read a lot of these threads before I registered. You do a lot of good work here Dx, standing up for the little man!

The first digits are -......

This is obviously quite a recent debt, do you think the chances are high they can produce the DN, POA and CCA? Or is it a case of they buy in bulk and aren't ever able to obtain the DN?

The new SPC process looks like it just makes it so easy for them to fire out 1000's of claims forms and just hope none of them are defended.

Thanks

its called speculative or robo claims 

750'000 claimforms are issued every year

more than 85% are never defended or replied too (almost all being to old address because people think they can run away from debts when they move)

whereby everything is automictic, rubberstamped and no human checks anything.

I make no bets where nolans are concerned.

they never care that their costs eventually far outweigh the pursuit .

and no debts are never sold with any paperwork

you are but one line in a database of 1000's that put into the autothreat - 0 - gram PC system

which is why we always run them to produce everything.

hence if you look

the wording on their claimform keeps changing cause they keep meeting DX.

and they

Yeah, it really is quite sickening, they prey on people at their absolute lowest. The original creditors clearly don't want the bad publicity of pursuing these poor people so they all it on for pennies to these DCA's it seems.

Just reading throught the expenses pages, they are capped at £150 right for a claim of my value?

so looking at some of these other threads Nolans are clearly running up 4 - 5x that in fees in pursuit?

They must make a lot of money from the undefended claims then, wow.

Is there any risk of additional fees being awarded in the event this goes against me?

Sorry for all the questions, just really want to make sure I know where I stand for all possible outcomes here.

Also, sorry for the frequent posting, but when do you suggest I send off the CCA request?

I notice in some threads, some people send it off much earlier than I have.

Just wondering, want to keep myself right.

its a numbers game 

they make (well actually that diff to know as a decree much like a CCJ can sit there for years not bring enforced.

sad diff with a decree is its enforceable for 20yrs, but that TBH is rare.

a CCJ is very diff to enforce after 6 when each fall off you credit file.) money on all the defaulted ones mostly thru people wetting themselves and coughing up.

the dentist as you well know is far far worse than a courtroom, I quite enjoy them (pers done nolans twice now) and about another 10 with local s not lost one yet. cant remember here if we lost one don't think so, but we must be in the +20's by now if not more.

as for the CCA

i'm leaning at the present time in not firing off until the 07 form return.

i know its been done earlier but it seems better to create a stall with the 07 form which not sending the CCa till then seems to create.

it also doesn't play one of cards to early either

nolans recent fav trick (:wave:hi nolans)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476571-Cabot-Nolans-Dumfries-simple-procedure-claim-old-JDW-CAT-Debt-resp-by-10-05-17&p=5024499#post5024499

• Thanks 1

and they

Thanks Dx appreciate the advice, I'm just going to spend my time reading up.

When do you think I should be looking to post off the 07 form? J

ust so I know when to start prepping everything.

This is obviously the first time I've ever done anything like this so a bit apprehensive and want to make sure I do everything right and fill it all out correctly.

Also because of my recent phonecalls and e-mails to Nolans, should I e-mail asking them for no further contact to be made with my e-mail under any circumstances?

Also, now I think about it they asked me to fill out a DPA questionairre when e-mailing them.

I'm worried now that they have tricked me into some kind of acknowledgment of their legal right to the debt?

Sorry if that is silly question, just thought I'd mention it.

not at all

none are silly questions,

but what I will say is that your excellent self help has far advanced your understanding of things

I really wish others would take that rouble as it make our life SOOOO much easier.

the form 07 needs to be with the court by the last response date - there's is no need to respond early.

our sticky you've found details how you will respond, I can see nothing special other than you've pricked my ears with regard to them not specifically  nailing down WHAT debt or card they are actually litigating on,

i'm toying with the idea of 'I have never held a card ref number xxx with any creditor let alone newday'.

its something that has p'haps never been spotted and p'haps have left previous Nolan victims open to their repeated comments in court responses of 'the defendant has admitted to ' ...whereas we always use 'I have in the past has financial dealings with (the OC)' .

as for the email,  we'll def deal with that as soon as their copy of form 07 drops on their doorstep.

but be advised, they WILL use this to their advantage... so expect wily waving to come your way which ofcourse you never respond too.

whilst on the email subject.

scan me to one PDF all the email in/out to date+atts and send it via a private msg to me please . just click my picture on the left.

I have a reason for this which is not for Nolan eyes...

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

Had some persistent chapping at my door today with buzzer ringing, very out of the norm for a Monday afternoon. No note left or anything. I will update if anything further happens.

If this was anything else that was legitimate I would have been left a card/note or phonecall. I have suspicions it might have been a doorstep but can't be sure 

I will never answer my door to anyone unannounced so just a waste of time and money at their end if they are playing games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, so looking to start prepping defence return tonight.

Any advice about when I should send this?

I am worried about possible postal delays or even shutting of PO due to COVID-19. 

Can I still submit my defence online or via e-mail to the court?

I understand that I need to send a postal copy to Nolans because they ticked that in the claim form.

Also any thoughts about how this is going to impact cases over this period?

Had a look online and it appears scottish courts are limiting number of people allowed in the premises.

Assuming this will result in a big backlog and delays?

Last date of response is 30/03.

Thanks

sit on your hands.

not due for almost 2 weeks

I suggest you re read the thread from post 1 

you already know what and how you are going to respond.

and they

Thanks Dx.

So the response can be completed online and submitted online via .Gov.uk site? And then a paper copy sent to Nolans as they ticked "post"? Can I send this 1st class without proof of postage? or should I go for a signed for delivery?

Sorry for the questions, first time doing this, don't want to make any mistakes that give them a technicality.

as far as I am aware there is no online submission yet in Scotland.

you can send your CCA request off now if you wish to the claimant

as with the below form if you can get free proof of posting all the better.

as post 4 here:

and they

• 1 month later...

hows this going?

dx

and they