Trouble with the Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice, can anyone help?

I am in the process of claiming back my charges from the Halifax. It has been a tough time in dealing with them. Story so far…

Requested statements which totaled to £505

Sent Letter before action along with copies of statements

Contacted Halifax as no reply. Their answer was it is being processed.

With no feedback from the Halifax I wrote a letter expressing my disappointment, to which no reply.

Was angered by receiving letter telling me how to gain access to statements (Completed months before)

Rang Halifax who informed me that the originals plus electronic copies of both letters which had been signed for on delivery, were now lost.

Was contacted by Halifax, an offer was made which I declined of £175.

I requested an investigation into my correspondence going missing, to which it was agreed. They informed me it wouldn’t be possible to notify me of the outcome.

Two letters detailing my case were sent out but never received, on requesting them to be sent by fax I found the reason for this was they had sent them to the wrong address.

I know its not the advised route to success but...

Halifax has admitted to their mistakes. My case was put to the project manager Richard Hall, they’ve offered me the total amount of my charges but with no added interest. I feel the Halifax should offer me a sum for compensation due to the way my case has been handled. Where do I go with this?

I don't think they will pay out to be honest, If you've read my posts on other threads, you'll know I worked for HBoS until earlier this year, they rarely pay compensation, unless they think if reported to the Ombudsman/FSA they will get wooped- so It's like a deterrant.

Not really sure what to suggest, but you could tell them you'd like to refer this to the Ombudsman, they will arrange that, possibly then accept the offer, as the charges, and your complaint are 2 different issues, and although linked, you may be best going to the Ombudsman about their Data Control/Potential DPA Breaches (where's the missing letters?!')

But I'd see what the other guys on her say first?

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

As you haven't gone to the court claim stage then I don't believe you can claim any interest charges. I would have recommended sticking to the guidelines offered by this forum. I requested my statements directly with Halifax, thinking that they would just send them out .... now I wish I'd just stuck the recommended route on here. It took ages, and a lot of chasing and complaining and way too much hassle. I eventually got them, but not after wanting to rip my hair out on several occassions. Each time I phoned them I just became more and more baffled as to how incompetent these people can be. I will now only be dealing with them how it is recommended on here ... for my own sanity mainly!

The only thing I would now recommend for you is to stick to how you have been dealing with them and see how it goes from there, make your requests directly with them. You can't continue the route set out here, as your next step would be LBA, but they have already offered you the full amount so that would get you nowhere. Maybe another option would be to just accept their offer and learn from this.

Good luck and well done for getting the full offer!

:)

AB123uk

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

yes, because they haven't refunded the interest. But there's no guarantee they will, but as far as I know, it would go your way in court- in the cases I've read

AB123uk

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

removed

AB123uk

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

The 8% commission can only be claimed at MCOL stage, therefore in your prelim letter you would have requested £505.00 plus your interest debited, that means they have now offered you a full refund, so it can't be classed as a partial refund.