• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Emma Vs Halifax **WON**

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just looked on MCOL and Halifax have entered a defence.

So on the saga continues. I can't wait to find out what it is.

Hi Hands2bfree!

I would try http://www.hmcourts-service.go.uk as they have a search for your nearest civil court.

Hope that helps!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks emma, done that with your help ill file asap hehe!

HALIFAX-4..CLAIM 1

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Phone HSBC about offer

14 April Halifax paid into account

HALIFAX-10..CLAIM 2

21 Mar PRELIM

18 Jul LBA

24 Jul FILED N1

30 Jul Letter from halifax putting case on hold due to OFT

10 August notice of acknowledgement

22 August letter of defence from halifax legal

LLOYDS TSB..CLAIM 3

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Mar FILED N1

5 April acknowleged

4 May defense

27 June to be assessed by judge

12 Sept court date (adjourned till further notice)

21 August letter from court, case on hold till Jan?

Go get them! They deserve nothing less!

I am so looking forward to their defence!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

lol thats is they have a defence, the clerk on the counter said they have had thousands come their way and not one has gone to court!

HALIFAX-4..CLAIM 1

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

HALIFAX-10..CLAIM 2

21 Mar PRELIM

18 Jul LBA

24 Jul FILED N1

LLOYDS TSB..CLAIM 3

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Mar FILED N1

5 April acknowleged

4 May defense

Well, I got the defence today.

Points one to four seem to be a reiteration of terms and conditions.

Then:

5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Defendant has, without admission of liability refunded £*****to the cardcash account. This sum representsall the bank charges that the claimant has incurred in the last six years, together with interest and the court fee.

6.It appears from the Claim Form that the remainder of the claim £**** also relates to charges and interest but the claimant has failed to provide particulars as to how this figure was reached and the sum claimed is not supported by the Defendant's records.

7. On the basis of the matters p[leaded above, the defendant denies that it is liable to the claimant for the sum of £*** in respect of the balance of her claim or for any othe rsum, and the claimant is put to strict proofof the same.

Doesn't that seem a bit flimsy to anyone?

I supplied them with a spreadsheet and a normal schedule of charges, so isn't that clear enough?

So, I have my AQ to fill in, I'm in a fight with the NHS tomorrow and neither the NHS or the Halifax are going to walk all over me.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

from what i see if you have provided proof of charges from the 6 years and more it should be ok. im not sure what else you are claiming for. as that seems to be what its suggesting.

but your right it seems a little ambiguous in its terms and reasonings.

when is date for court?

hopefully someone with clever on their forehead will come along and give u professional advice, but be strong and positive!!

Lou

HALIFAX-4..CLAIM 1

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

HALIFAX-10..CLAIM 2

21 Mar PRELIM

18 Jul LBA

24 Jul FILED N1

LLOYDS TSB..CLAIM 3

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Mar FILED N1

5 April acknowleged

4 May defense

I just think it is a load of tosh.

I've provided 2 schedules of charges and a spreadsheet.

So that lists the charges/interest solely due to charges.

And as for their records not supporting these, well, they must be looking at someone else's statements, because mine are pretty clear.

Anyone done an AQ in response to this sort of defence?

I know they are bull*********g, but this is just silly!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

bump

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi emmaf01 return the AQ, they will pay up pretty soon id say i agree with hagenuk,

"I think what you have here is a perfect example of incompetence and ineptitude at work.

I am sure you are not fazed by any of this and you will continue with your claim, they will pay you, just like they have paid everyone else."

Need any help filling out the AQ?

Absolutely desperate for some help, thanks!

I've been through the templates, but I'm a bit stuck with section G- other information.

I know that I need to put about the cast taking less than one hour. But after that, is that the draft directions bit, or is that separate?

I know this is probably realy simple but all my claims have been paid out before this, so this is my first AQ. Not that I will let that stop me!

The info listed in the draft directions, is that the court bundle?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Bump

Can anyone help with filling in an AQ?

I'm getting a bit flustered!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I've filled in the AQ, but I'm getting flustered about the wording of section G.

Are there any threads where someone has an example of the wording they have used? And what do I need to include in relation to the Limitations Act? I know I need to include this due to some charges being over six years old.

I know I'm being a bit dumb at the moment and asking for a lot here, its just that I seem to have lost my mojo!

They paid out most of it, but there is about £150 outstanding- I don't know what to do.

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

The AQ is not intended to allow you to argue points of law, it is merely to be used as a guide to the Judge when he/she decides on allocation to a particular track, hence the name.

Regarding the Limitation Act, if the defendants want to rely upon the Limitation Act then it is they who must raise the issue and plead it. There is no duty on the claimant to refer to the Limitation Act in any way. Even the court does not have a duty to refer to it if the defendants have failed to raise the matter for any reason including oversight. From what you have posted above in #52, they have not even mentioned it.

Regarding Section G, look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Thank you, hagenuk- you save the day- as ever!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Right-so I've printed out the draft directions, section g info. Thank god for this site- I wouldn't have managed to do any of this stuff without it!

So, as my claim is for less than £1500, is there no fee payable for the AQ?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I know I'm being finicky about every little detail- but I'd rather be like that than make an obvious mistake at this stage of the game!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I sent the AQ off on Thursday, with the draft direction from the link above, and copies of all to the Halifax.

So, is anyone else at this point, or if you have been previously, what generally happens next? Do I just wait for a court date? Has the Halifax been turning up?

The defence they have put forward is insane (see post #52)- there seems to be no real reference to the Limitations Act- they just seem to be stating their terms and conditions, and that they have no record of other charges. I don't understand what they are trying to do. Their statements show the charges loud and clear!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I have started preparing for court.

It is highly irritating, especially with their "inexpert" defence- well, if you came up with that defence, and you had a whole legal department supposedly composing it, anyone would be a bit shamefaced about it, IMHO!

But I suppose that is better than having to go up against a sterling, expert defence!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

So, they must have got my AQ today... Does anyone know how long I should wait to hear from the court/the Halifax?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

hasn't anyone else got this far? Someone must have- I can't be the only person to have to do an AQ for the Halifax?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Oh God I hope so- I've since found 4 charges from 1998- 2000 which I want to claim back!

So I am waiting until this is finished before I start on them- that is the correct way, isn't it?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma

Halifax tend to pay out once the AQ is filed and a court date set, as Bigmac has said, you are almost there.

Regarding the new charges, in order to add them, you would need to amend your claim and you would suffer major delays if you chose to attempt that.

Any delays you may now suffer will be down to the court and how busy they are.