Emma Vs Halifax **WON**

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rang the Halifax- are they just herding people off the street to answer phones in customer relations- or did I just get the person who just started?

Anyway, she said- without much confidence when questioned- that someone would ring me back today. Problem is they didn't have my phone number so I had to make her put it in the note to ring me.

I think I've got more chance getting a phonecall from George Clooney....

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang the Halifax again (well if I owed them money they would ring me twice in one afternoon).

Got to describe their behaviour as "codswallop". I don't often get to use that word, so it was fun.

They now say they will refer to a review manager to contact me, they've already gone home today, so not today then.

They may write to me.

I told them that they had til friday to talk to me, then I was away until the day of the court case. I pointed out they have provided me or the court with any information which they will be using in court, and I will have no option but to do a wasted costs order- hence their behaviour was total codswallop.

I still like that word.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

08457253519- customer relations.

I couldn't find a geographic number which still works.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Anyway, my cousin is lending me the money to go to my brother's funeral. So I can go.

But I hate having to borrow money off someone- it just tears me up having to ask. After all, my cousin has a large mortgage and a family to take care of. She's very kind, but its just horrible having to ask. But there was no alternative.

If the bl***y Halifax had paid up I wouldn't have had to!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

The main thing is you get to the funeral.

You will have the money to pay it back soon.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Emma sorry to hear your sad news i was living 200 miles from my brother when he died and i know how hard its i will be thinking of you on tuesday

and if you want any support on thursday i am from liverpool and could come to the court but i am sure it wont go that far and you will here from them before then

Buffy x

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

Emma, sorry to hear of your loss......keep strong. I have got a battle with the Halifax also, I have got 01977 627 280 as the Customer Relation contact and I am ringing them daily with my reference number and asking them for updates.....

Take care, keep us posted - all the best

Jo x

These are the details I used, with success, in my claim against Halifax.

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Tel: 01422 391895

Fax: 01422 333453

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

The Halifax sent me a letter today, saying that they have now decided to settle the above claim in full having "considered the commercial realities of the time and expense in trying to resolve this matter in court."

Unfortunately they have decided to credit my current account with the remaining amount needed to settle my claim in full.

THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED.

ARgh!

So I've left them a phone message saying, until you send me a correct letter, which doesn't contain incorrect information saying you will credit a closed account, I have no option to continue with the claim. And that by sending a generic letter template which you couldn't be bothered to check is correct in this case, I feel you are misleading the court.

The thing is I've won. I know I've won. But I don't trust them and with everything else thats going on, it feels like a hollow victory.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hey, at least I can get started on my second Halifax claim.

Now thats cheered me up!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Does this sound right for a letter about the remaining charges.

Thank you for your letter dated 13th June 2007.

Since I have undertaken this court claim, I have discovered another four charges levied on my account.

Now that my court claim has concluded, I am writing to ask you to refund to me these charges.

As you settled my court claim in full having considered the commercial realities, time and expense of resolving this matter in court, you are aware that I will have no hesitation of pursuing the refund of these remaining charges to court if necessary.

I have included with this letter, a schedule of the four remaining charges.

Does that sound ok?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I won! I won!

Its finally sunk in!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Have they said when you will be getting the money and is it the full amount?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I rang them and complained that they stated they would be crediting a closed account- and got a grovelling apology from them on the answerphone when I came back from the supermarket.

They will be sending me a cheque immediately. The letter was dated 13/6/07, so probably withing a couple of days. If it doesn't get here by thursday, I have told them I am still going to court. So they are going to hurry, methinks.

And they're paying me a few quid more than I calculated, so thats good.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

congratulations.

Is that better?

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

ahh yes I have havent I? Sorry :-(

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]