Ash v. HSBC

Nocturna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my claim forms off in triplicate on 14th November. Received a letter back from my local county court on 20th November saying that they were returning my forms because "I had not stated the full address of the defendant and they also require a letter from the defendant's solicitor that they will accept service of the claim form on behalf of the defendant".

I've worked in a solicitor's office before and I should have seen this coming. In the section asking for the defendan't address I put DG Solicitors. Would be in fact easier to put the address of the branch I have been sending previous letters to, and let them sort it out on their end with their solicitors, or send a copy of my charges/interest to DG Solicitors, asking them to accept service on behalf of HSBC, and then send a copy of their reply to my county court together with my claim form?

Also, on a sidenote, the county court have returned my fee of £30 (since I am claiming just under £300) but they have addressed it to K Hayman instead of AK Hayman, should I sneakily add the A in, which I suspect is highly illegal, or ask the court to re-issue the cheque in the correct name?

Thanks for you time.

• 3 weeks later...

My claim was issued on December 1st (I ended up e-mailing the court asking them where my reissued cheque was and they told me my claim had been issued on 01.12.06 and they were sorting out the cheque).

But I have heard nothing from the court or DG Solicitors and it's now 14th December. Should I be concerned at all? Do I need to chase anything up? I know that the courts get particularly busy at this time of year.

The time frames in my head are all mixed up and I'm not sure when I'm supposed to be receiving what and from whom! Shouldn't I have received a Notice of Issue by now? Or an intent to defend from DG?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Well I finally heard back from the court yesterday (18.12.06). Turns out they sent the notice of acknowledgement of service on 8th but they'd put completely the wrong address on, I'm amazed I eventually received it at all.

HSBC have filed their intent to defend on 8th and 28 days from that date (including bank holidays and weekends?) is 5th January. Is it 28 working days or just simply 28 days?

I haven't heard anything from DG Sols as yet.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been offered a £250 settlement figure, which is just under £50 short of what HSBC owe me, but since I am a poor student I have decided to accept the offer.

Thanks to karnevil who offered advice, and to the forum as a whole.

Well . . every little helps as they say - well done and enjoy !!

have a cool studenty christmas !!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Ah . . al the more reasons then.

p.s. Happy Birthday for next Friday :D

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Happy Birthday !!!!!