Tara-M- part payment letter- what now?

Tara-M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

So yesterday I got 2 letters one from the court "Notice of Acknowledgement" and one from HSBC refering to my first letter, normal stuff "we don't accept responsibility blah blah blah however we will pay you £820" (the claim is for over a grand).

So my question is what's the next step, do I send HSBC a letter saying I accept it as part payment and will carry on claiming the rest including my court fees?

Has anyone got the link for the template letter for this? Also what happens now will D&G contact me for my spreadsheet and stuff now?

Really hoping I get this dough before xmas!

Thanks

Tara

Hi Guys

So yesterday I got 2 letters one from the court "Notice of Acknowledgement" and one from HSBC refering to my first letter, normal stuff "we don't accept responsibility blah blah blah however we will pay you £820" (the claim is for over a grand).

So my question is what's the next step, do I send HSBC a letter saying I accept it as part payment and will carry on claiming the rest including my court fees?

Has anyone got the link for the template letter for this? Also what happens now will D&G contact me for my spreadsheet and stuff now?

Really hoping I get this dough before xmas!

Thanks

Tara

Hi Tara

I see that you've already entered a county court claim. All the evidence on which you intend to rely should have been included in your Particulars of Claim and included by way of the itemised spreadsheet listing every charge that you are claiming and the date it was applied plus any interest if you are claiming that as well.

You can accept the offer as part payment and continue to claim for the balance but in all probability they won't then pay the £820 - they'll withdraw the offer. I always reject the offer and state that the claim is not negotiable.

The choice is yours, continue the claim process in which case realistically you won't see any money untill maybe Jan / Feb. Or you can simply accept their offer in which case you'll get the money before Christmas, probably.

All the best.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6