• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Confused me against the natwest **WON**

hellhasnofury
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Glad you're smiling again :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Smiling Hellhasnofury...

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Time is going soooooo ssllllooooww nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Time is going soooooo ssllllooooww nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

After only six days?????!!!!:eek:

Settle down, relax. Estimate that you'll be getting close to settlement in 30 days after AQ deadline.

That is not a hard and fast timetable, BTW!

I just got my cheque - 23 days after AQ. Some take a wee bit longer. Use the time usefully. Take up a hobby. Make more visits to the gym. Read successes and the Court Bundle. Help new arrivals. Get involved in pointless and contradictory arguments on the Contractual Interest thread. :D

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

You kept a copy of the letter didn't you? You're prepared to state in court that you posted it (if it comes to that, which it wont)?

If both answers are YES then get on with the claim. They're just ignoring you.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

hello thanks for your post. Sorry I don't understand your post about a letter I should I have. Have you got confused about different threads

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hello thanks for your post. Sorry I don't understand your post about a letter I should I have. Have you got confused about different threads

Apologies - two windows open at once and posted in the wrong one! Wonder what I said in the other thread:eek:

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Dear Natwesttookmymoney

Thanks for your post, I have tried all those things the gym etc, but It is always at the back of my mind. what if I have got it wrong, did I fill out the poc correctly what if I am the one in court, what if!! what if!! etc etc etc.

Anyway It is nice to know that you are looking at my thread. I probably will need your advice soon enough.

Just read your post again. Did I read that you recieved your god damn cheque.

How god damn wonderful, I always believe that good things come to those that wait and no more deserving than you. You have been an inspiration to people that have needed help and advice when that have felt overwhelmed by the big powers that robbed the ignorant of their hard earned money. You have always been there to help and for that I thank you. You have given the power and confidence to the people that need the confidence and power to beat these organisations

Please don't leave us in our time of need You have still so much to give.

Dear Natwesttookmymoney

Thanks for your post, I have tried all those things the gym etc, but It is always at the back of my mind. what if I have got it wrong, did I fill out the poc correctly what if I am the one in court, what if!! what if!! etc etc etc.

Anyway It is nice to know that you are looking at my thread. I probably will need your advice soon enough.

Those questions go through all our minds, it's only natural. Dont panic you're doing just fine and we're with you all the way.

I'm still here, though I may take a few days off.

I'm after Barclays, next - charges over 6 years old. Should be interesting.

W

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Thanks Dellar1 for your support and to natwesttookmymoney you deserve a few days off but no longer.OK Enjoy your win you deserve it.

Hello, received Cobbetts Allocation Questioinare today? So what happens now? Do I get my court bundle ready?

I wouldn't rush into doing that just yet as there is a hell of a lot of copying to do, it's certainly worth familirising yourself withit though.

I would personally wait for further directions from the court, you will more than likey recieve a court date which usually prompts Cobbetts to cough up and pay, or you may just get the settlement before. Whichever happens you're certainly nearing the end now.

Thanks Deller1

Oh so glad you have not forgotten me

Hows the nipper now is he home yet.

Same enquiry from me, D

Westy

Westy

No promblem, I wouldn't leave you in the lurch.

He's been home a week now and he's certainly keeping me up all hours, he doesn't seem to know the difference between night and day yet, so I seem to be getting to bed around 4am every night. Ah well things can only get better...........I hope!!

Same response to you Westy. :D

Deller1,

Dont worry it will get better in the year blah promise

It does get better.

Initially, it gets different and, as they always say, a change is as good as a rest.:rolleyes:

What it always is, is worth it. Believe me on that one.

W

Westy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

Well I am still hanging about waiting and waiting. I have even rigged up an alarm for the postbox(joke):lol: But no cheque for me yet:(

I am using this time to my advantage, trying to be one step ahead.

I have a great loathing for them as they started the ball rolling with my spiralling debt.

I have a sneaky feeling that they will take my reclaimed money and use it towards paying of my defaulted loan that I have with them. So I will get nothing. This will include the £220 court costs.

I have just sent them a prelim letter requesting the repayment of a mis-sold ppi. for wait for it £10,995 at the court stage. They cannot locate the credit agreement and I have sent a cca request. So this loan account is now in dispute. So just let them try to take my money. I am one step ahead of them all the way.:lol:

I have acquired this information from this wonderful site. It has taken me weeks and weeks of reading and I do feel like a hermit, but It is well worth it.

My thread is called confused against the Natwest (because at that time I was, but not now!!!!!!:lol:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.:lol:

Just to say im watching your thread with great interest,ive just started with natwest sar going out tomorrow morning would of been friday if it werent for my little one being ill.

Anyway it seems your doing really well and hopefully soon you will get your money, im in the same position as you about oweing them and not getting anything back, there is a thread on here under "thereshope" take a look, thereshope has wrote them clearly stating a cheque must be issued. lots and lots of good luck to you Sam.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

Well how wonderful my ferret has returned I really did miss her:D

Forgot to mention in my last post. One of the companies that I had a ppi with. After hounding them with telephone calls and letters have just admitted that in fact I was correct and had not been given a option of a loan without ppi. This is a masssive Company and they absolutely denied it and denied it, but I had the bull by the horns and would not give up!!!!

So the caved in. and they have refunded the £5,000 and knocked it of the outstanding loan amount. Or so they think:?

I will not drop my case until I receive a cheque payable to me with contractual interest. It was never there money to take in the first place.

So the fight goes on.:razz:

I am actually quite enjoying it.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, still no news, rang the court earlier this week and still not been given a court date. and so it goes on and on and on and on and on, Opps best stop there or elso I will beegoing on and on and on and on and on AARRHHH :eek: Help I thinks I have gone a bit crazy with this long wait:-D