Help with 1st stage - Barclays

lillyfitz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my first letter to Barclays in 14th November via recorded delivery.

I have this evening checked the tracking number as it doesn't appear to have been delivered as yet.

I was wondering whether Barclays refuse recorded delivery or whether I need to investigate with Royal Mail.

Hi Lilly

it sometimes takes a week or so for the delivery to show up on the royal mail tracking site. In fact Ive got a letter going back to September that's still not showing, but I know it was received because Ive had a reply.

I dont bother with recorded delivery anymore, I just get proof of posting which is free.

Thanks I didn't realise that, annoying as I really wanted to keep track of everything as I'm finding the whole process quite confusing and trying desparately to keep it all organised so I don't make a mistake.

Did you get a reply quickly to your 1st letter?

Many thanks for replying, I shall sit back & wait then - I'm so impatient.

I have waited till I have cleared all debt with them before starting so they couldn't leave me in the poo, now Im eager to get it going. Though from reading through it seems Barclays love to stall the process

Hi Lilly

Yes, Barclays will do anything to delay the process. I must admit me and Barclays seemed to get into some sort of letter writing competition at one point. Looking back on it, it was all unnecessary, if I were you Id establish your timetable now and stick to it, don't let Barclays deflect you with pitiful offers etc.

Ohh some more help please.

I have received a reply to my first letter enclosing my cheque returned saying that basically they will provide full statements in the next few weeks.

It goes on to say about manual intervention and that DPA does not comment about internal policies & procedures and the bank does not hold the infomraiton requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA, and that it would constitute personal data (I'm paraphrasing a long paragraph here!).

They go on to say that this is in no way an admission of no such manual intervention.

Its seems quite a verbose letter and I suspect its just to try and put me off.

Am I right in thinking I carry on regardless, whether or not they provide proof of manual intervention is a case for any court action etc.

Stick to my timetable? Or is there something I should be aware of?

Help!

Many thanks

Lillyfitz

Hi there,

That is a standard response they send to everyone. I received one the day before I received all my statements dating back to 1997.

Just wait for your statements, work out the charges and then send off the prelim letter along with a schedule of charges, both of which can be found in the library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Hope this helps

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!