Laura VS Lloyds

laira540
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've received all my statements back, calculated how much they owe me and am about to send the prelim letter off!

I still have a student account with lloyds ( although i've closed the one i got all the charges on already) but owe them £800 on my student overdraft:( - does anyone think that matters or should i get that paid off before i launch into reclaiming my money?:?

I also owe them 0.14p on my credit card so i suppose i'd better pay that off too- even though when i closed my current account last year i told them they could keep the 0.27p that was still in it! how rude...

an extra thought.... I calculated the interest on my charges using the spreadsheet on money saving expert site. my charges were £245, the interest total is £61.36, totalling £306.36.

is the interest calculated to the present date? as i closed this account in December 2005

any thoughts?... any help would be greatly appreiciated as i am quite nervous about doing all of this. :?

Hi and Welcome

First of all, try not to be nervous, read as much as you can and it does all become clearer, albeit slowly!

Regarding your questions.

I still have a student account with lloyds ( although i've closed the one i got all the charges on already) but owe them £800 on my student overdraftsad.gif - does anyone think that matters or should i get that paid off before i launch into reclaiming my money?confused.gif

How much of this overdraft is made up of charges? If the majority is charges then just wait. Let the charges pay it off. If not, then wait anyway and let them ask you for it back - you never know, they may not and you can pay it off or keep it running.

I'd pay the 14p, before you know it, you'll run up hundreds in charges!

is the interest calculated to the present date? as i closed this account in December 2005

Yes

And, once again, don't be nervous.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Over the last couple of days I've been reading as much as I can on here before I start the ball rolling.

It looks like most cases go to court so I don't think I'll be able to start trying to reclaim yet as I'll be out of the country from the start of December until the end of April.

I was going to try and do everything over the internet and have my parents scan in any post i receive to email to me.

But if it ends up being heard in court i won't be able to attend. Can i send somone else to court on my behalf? or shall i just wait till i get home to start doing all this? I'm scared if i come home in april the banks will have found someway round this and stopped refunding people money.

Quite dissappointed now- really wanted to get started :-(

Any views?....

You can and indeed should get started.

Although the banks almost always let it get to the stage where you have to issue a claim, not a single one has stepped into court yet. That is not to say they never will, but there is a very good chance that you will not need to attend any hearings and therefore will be paid without the need to be here.

If you parents are happy to handle this on your behalf, my advice would be to go ahead without delay.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I'm scared if i come home in april the banks will have found someway round this and stopped refunding people money.

This will not happen. We are not exploiting a loophole or anything like that when we are reclaiming our charges, the fact is that they are unlawful. If there was a way out of all this for the banks, they would have found it long before now! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/27391-when-banks-going-fight.html?highlight=banks+going+to+fight+back%3F

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Hagen - you should start as soon as possible, I just wanted to clear that little detail up, thats all.:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 3 weeks later...

BAck again!

thought I'd just keep an update of how things are moving along. After sending my prelim letter on the 20th November I received a letter from Lloyds dated the 30th November, with the standard

'I'm sorry your unhappy....blah, blah, blah.... we're not giving you your money back...blah.'

Today I'm sending the letter before action with schedule of charges attatched.

Its not like my claims that big compared to some peoples, I don't understand why they don't just admit defeat instead of wasting my time and theirs!

So after 14 days even if I don't hear from them can I start the money claim online? I've been reading through lots of other threads and this seems the right thing to do, just making sure! :oops:

Oh also, I sent a prelim letter to first direct on same day, so should hear from them soon too but can I do 2 different claims through MCOL at same time or should I wait till after I've finished with Lloyds to start First Direct? :-?

Kind of hoping as my first direct claim is only £170 that they might just settle up straight away.

Yes, after 14 days you need to file your court claim. If you do this on MCOL, be sure to use the correct template as per the templates library and send a schedule by post. Send 2 copies with this covering letter just after you filed your claim -

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

Yes, you can have different claims both running at the same time.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

No probs. Good luck and keep us informed;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let everyone know how its gone. I got all my money back from first direct straight away, which was nice. and i just received a cheque for £245 from lloyds which isn't the full amount but i'm happy with that. as i'm living out of the country at the mo and can't get to the internet regularly its just going to be easier to settle.

Thanks to everyone who helped me, the help is much appreiciated, now i'm well on the way to having my credit card and student overdraft paid off!! I have directed all my mates to this site too and told them to get started! Cheers x

:):D:):D:)

Woohoo! Well done Laura!!:)