Can I claim for the following...?

benji27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put in a claim with Lloyds (Platinum Plus account) for £955 plus £120 court fee plus interest and have a hearing on Dec 7th. I was yesterday offered £705 + £120 court fee and the interest. The different between £955 and £705 is £250. This £250 is made up of £15 monthly account manintenace charges levied to hold the account with Lloyds. However I also hold a company account with Lloyds and they said that as long as I have the company account the personal Platinum account would not incur the usual £15 monthly account maintenance fees. For a while they did not charge me the £15 a month to hold this account and then suddenly without warning they did. I therefore put these into the claim as I feel they are unauthorised and unjust, as they have gone back on their word. I am right to accept the above settlement as a part settlement or shall I take what I have been offered becuase I cannot legitiametly claim the monthly account maintenance fees? Please adivse if possible as I am ready to write back to SC&M with my descsion. I will not be signing their so called terms and conditions as the refund of the charges is unconditonal in my eyes. If anyone wants help reclaiming from Lloyds please let me know as they have taken me right tio the wire and have threatened me with all sorts. I have also taken action against them for harassment re phone calls. They still call me so I will be making another case against these bleeps early next week! Thanks for reading!

You cant claim back fees applied to your account for the type of account you have. I would have thought it would have been up to you once you realised fees were being applied to get in touch with them and sort it that way. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Z

• Haha 1

As Zoe said, the monthly account fee's are a service charge and unfortunately cannot be claimed under a court action to recover unlawful penalties, becouse they are not. If you were not informed that they were upgrading your account and adding the fee's, its probably best to start a seperate complaint with Lloyds. If you get no joy, try the Ombudsman.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.