Advice on ESA Appeal

twest03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on ESA for approx 3 years with anxiety and depression, after having my appointments at my local job centre last year being cancelled one after another, i think i only attended once, I received a assessment form to complete towards the end of the year and was subsequently called in for a medical by the lovely ATOS in December.

During the 3 years I have also had arthritis which has developed into severe osteoarthritis of both knees and hip resulting in me taking 25 tablets a day including Morphine.

Needless to say the result of my so called examination was that I scored zero points and was taken of ESA, I received this notification beginning of January this year.

I requested a copy of the report as I intended on requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration and was horrified to read the contents, the so called HCP had lied on throughout and twisted my answers so I mediately compiled my MR along with a supporting letter from my GP and the help of a friend of mine and submitted it.

I received my decision back yesterday only to find that they are still not willing to change it despite outlining the areas where the HCP had been creative and gave them my correct answers as well as covering other areas raised.

I am now at the point thinking is it worth taking it to a tribunal and causing more upset and stress just to be met with the same response or just call it a day as it has certainly impacted on my health, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.

Well you have the choice of

1, appeal by filling in the SSCS1 form - send some supporting evidence - wait a few months

2, sign on for JSA/UC and attend appointments and look for work

3, no money

4, get a job

Which one is the lesser of evils for you?