Please help me - Halifax!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need some help here!!!

I have started process of claiming my bank charges with Halifax. I have sent the Preliminary Approach Letter. I sent it to my branch on the 6th November, and I have got proof from Royal Mail that they received it on the 7th. I called them today to remind them the their 14 days deadline is up and was told that they have not received it in Head office. The lady asked me to send it by email.

I now pointed out that since i have sent it about 10 days ago, their 14days deadline is still running and is almost up but she said they have 8 weeks to deal with it according to FSA guidlines and that thet 8 weeks will start from when I mail the letter to her and she immediately added that if i wanted to go to court i would just have to go ahead as there is nothing they could do about it and they are still working within the guidelines. She said I am not the only person making complaints. I did not argue with her because i felt i need more information on this.

i have got the email address and I want to send an e-copy of the letter, but I need advice. What should i do, how do i stand against the 8 weeks game they are trying to play with me.

I will be happy if i could get an instant reponse as I intend to send the mail today. If i could get the money soon it could be quite handy at the moment.

Thank you

You have proof they received it so it's not your fault they claim to have not had your letter. You could certainly email it to them but stick by your OWN deadline - the letter you email will have the original date on etc.

When the 14 days is up go to the next stage.

Act by YOUR deadlines, not theirs!

I say this from reading many threads where banks try and drag claims out.

Hope this is of help to you, Prince.

Best of luck.

• Haha 1
;) Mupster

I agree with the above posts!

All you should be emailling is the original letter.

Don't get into unnecessary dialogue with them.

Stick to your deadlines, especially valid seeing as you have proof they have received the letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) Mupster

Finally, I have good news about my Halifax account. I have just received a phone call from them. The guy first tried to discourage me, saying that the ruling of the OFT is for credit cards and not bank accounts, so therefore the charges are not illegal. He then offered me £250 (good gesture) I responded saying he should put it in writing and send it to me and when i receive it, i'll know what to do but be rest assured that i am not taking anything less than my full amount. He asked me what do I suggest, i told him i want my full amount. He then said I should hold as he wants to check the charges again, then he called back saying they will pay it.

Thank you all for the encouragement. I am forever grateful.

Is there any process like this for credit cards? I have got 2 credit cards charges I have been paying since 2003 and 2004 respectively. The way things are going i do not think i will ever be able to pay them off. One has given me a default and this has affected my credit report.

Is there any help for that?

Hi Princeayo

I have found what you need

It's in the templates library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

Best of luck! I'm claiming from halifax, MBNA, and Morgan Stanley.

Nil Te Illegitimi Confundi

:D <-- MazzaB, financial warrior! (*with a little help from my [real] flexible friends.......*) Bank ---> :mad:

:) Please click on my scales if you find my comments helpful! (or ya think i'm sexy ;))