Beardedlady VS HSBC : Almost Full Offer Made. Accept?

beardedlady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, many thanks to those that run and contribute toward this website. Absolutely first class job and I take my hat off to the lot of you.

Followed the usual route to claim £571 in charges.

Having sent my Letter Before Action, HSBC have now come back with an offer (no admission of guilt of course!) of £510.

Now this is £61 short of my claim, and I really can't decide whether it is worth the hassle to continue to get the full amount.

I really don't care about the interest on top of the £571, because this will be peanuts. But I am very tempted to continue and arrange court proceedings on shere prnciple of the matter. It buggs me that they are willing to give me 90% of my claim but not 100%. ARE YOU TRYING TO WIND ME UP WITH YOUR MINOR LITTLE POWER TRIP?!! How sad.

Any one that can advise, is it worth the hassle to chase the additional £61? I do not know exactly what is involved with the court proceedings route as yet, so have very little to base my decision upon.

Either way, I am happy with the success thus far. Thanks again CAG.

Well I can't see any reason why they're not offering 100% refunds. They're still trying to get one over on customers who are scared of the idea of going to court and they know they are in most cases dealing with people who are not very well off and who will be tempted to accept.

I know what you mean - I've just received my settlement offer for 90% and we're accepting it but I think if you feel it is the principle, and at the end of the day that is why we're doing it, then go for it.

Good luck with it all and here's to the full 100%

TP

xx

Preliminary letter sent to HSBC - 10 October 2006

received by them 12 October 2006

NO RESPONSE

Letter before action sent to HSBC - 24 October 2006

received by them 26 October 2006

Lets wait and see.......................

HSBC settled 90% claim - 16 November 2006

VERY HAPPY WITH THAT THANK YOU!! :D

It really is hard for people at this time of year to hold out for the full 100% - lots of people have children/mortgages to pay and with Christmas almost on our doorsteps... the banks know this.

Don't beat yourselves up over not going the full way - personal circumstances dictate otherwise. I don't know what I'd do in that situation - I haven't even had a reply... just more evil charges this month :mad:

With the business accounts I'm claiming for though, they wont get away with anything less than 100%

Well done you two :D

• Haha 1