First Direct - Help Please

threejays
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started the ball rolling with unclaiming unfair bank charges against First Direct and have filed a claim with Money Claim Online. The claim has been acknowledged, I have received a letter from their solicitors with an offer of approxiately half which we have turned down (by letter directly to the solicitors - hope that was the right thing to do) - but what do I do next - they have almost had their 28 days.

Grateful for any advice - also any experiences with claims against HSBC

Hi

I have just won against First Direct and I had the same letter through from DG Solicitors offering me half I sent this letter back to them

Dear Sirs

Myself v First Direct

Thank you for your letter of 1st November 2006 in which your client offers £1368.25 as settlement of my claim against them.

My original claim of £2736.49 was issued by Northampton County Court on 25th October 2006 (Claim Number ******), deemed to be served on 30th October and acknowledged by your client on 1st November 2006.

Whilst I am happy to accept their offer as partial settlement, I intend to continue with my claim against them and pursue them, through the Courts if necessary, for the full amount. Your client therefore has until 13th November to either settle my claim in full or file a defence, otherwise I shall ask the court to issue a Judgement by Default.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Sent this back on the Friday and then received a letter by the following Wednesday offering me the full amount!

I Hope this helps!!