Lowells/BW claim form - Old Provident Loan 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , my wife has just received a BW Legal court claim from the bulk centre on behalf of lowell. This is an old provident debt.

We are unable to pay the claimed ammount straight away nor are we sure that the claimed ammount is correct.

Could someone advise on the best way forward for this to be dealt with.

Nic

hi ya

so we can advise properly

can you please fill this out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

moved to legals forum too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Date of issue – 04/10/2016

What is the claim for –

1 Claimant's claim is for the sum of £2,074.00 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a Loans, Credit cards agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the defendant and Provident Personal Credit Ltd under account ref: xxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 26/06/2015 notice of which has been given to the Defendant.

2.The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.

3.The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent per annum(a daily rate of £0.45 from the date of assignment of the agreement to 25/06/2016 being an amount of £164.70

What is the value of the claim? £2423.70 inc. Court fees & Legal costs

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Credit / Loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2009 according to Lowell (Cannot recall)

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Assigned to Debt purchaser , original creditor Provident Personal Credit Ltd (cannot recall taking out as payment book in 2012 has balance of £15.00 and different reference numbers.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No recollection of receiving notice

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No recollection of receiving.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? only Headed "Notice of Sums in arrears"

Why did you cease payments? Hardship if anything

What was the date of your last payment? Cannot recall ( Will look for this but not sure that Provident owned the debt to start with)

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not that we recall

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? If it exists we would have told them our circumstances

how many digits are in the POC for the account number?

and is no.1. exactly as it is on the POC

strange they mention loans/credit cards?

have you acknowledged the claim on the MCOL website yet?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ,

The account number has 1 letter & 8 numbers (9 digits altogether)

Not sure how the 1,2 & 3 on the POC happened as it is just one paragraph with no numbers.

I have still to acknowledge the claim as I am unsure what to do.

Nic

Go to http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Acknowledge the claim

Tick defend all

Leave jurisdiction unticked

Log out

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

ok so its a loan not a credit card

yet another very vague POC

hoping for a non contested default judgement.

you'd ack'd the claim

so now it defended

and they cant do that

get a CCA request running to the claimant

get a CPR 31:14 running to the solicitors...

don't sign anything

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed.

anything on your credit file?

and they

you do not adapt it why do you think you need too?

dx

and they

And?

Read the full CCA request

and they

Hi,

Is there anything I need to do now? Not heard anything from the CCA request or CPR as yet.

Nic

Start looking at possible defences in the Financial Legal Issues ..Successes...and keep an eye on your defence date.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Look for a no paperwork/holding defence in the legal successes firum, hundreds of them there but its not just a copy and paste job, you must adapt one to answer each of the claims in the PoC on your claimform.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

def due by 4pm 4th nov.

copy and paste your thread title in to the red toolbar search cag box.

by leave out the name of the original creditor

ie

Lowells/BW claimform - Old Loan 'debt'

and they

Hi,

Found the following defence which looks to fit my issue. Any advice please if it is ok.

Particulars of Claim

1 Claimant's claim is for the sum of £2,074.00 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a Loans, Credit cards agreement regulated by the consumer crediticon Act 1974 between the defendant and Provident Personal Credit Ltd under account ref: xxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 26/06/2015 notice of which has been given to the Defendant.

2.The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.

3.The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent per annum(a daily rate of £0.45 from the date of assignment of the agreement to 25/06/2016 being an amount of £164.70

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement and any alleged outstanding balance and have therefore sought clarity from the claimant by way a Section 78 request and a CPR 31.14 request.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied and the Claimant is put to the strictest of proof on the same. The Defendant contends that no notice pursuant to s.136 of the Law of Property Act & s.82 A of the CCA1974 has been served upon him by the Claimant as alleged or at all.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or any default notice served in breach of defaulted payments .As the claimants plead in their particulars with precise knowledge of the default then they are put to strict proof to evidence such fact.

Therefore Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. On the xxxxxxxxx I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply and therefore is in default of this request and as such is forbidden to request any relief until such compliance.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Particulars added

Read the particulars 1/2/3 and then your proposed 1/2/3

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As well as Andy's advice to check your paragraphs match and respond to the correct paragraphs in the poc, there is also the s78, if this Is a loan it should be s77. S78 is for credit cards.

Hi Andy,

Made adjustment to paragraphs, any better?

Particulars of Claim

1 Claimant's claim is for the sum of £2,074.00 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a Loans, Credit cards agreement regulated by the consumer crediticon Act 1974 between the defendant and Provident Personal Credit Ltd under account ref: xxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 26/06/2015 notice of which has been given to the Defendant.

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement and any alleged outstanding balance and have therefore sought clarity from the claimant by way a Section 77 request and a CPR 31.14 request.

The Claimant is put to the strictest of proof on the same. The Defendant contends that no notice pursuant to s.136 of the Law of Property Act & s.82 A of the CCA1974 has been served upon him by the Claimant as alleged or at all.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or any default notice served in breach of defaulted payments .As the claimants plead in their particulars with precise knowledge of the default then they are put to strict proof to evidence such fact.

Therefore Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of consumer crediticon Act 1974.

6. On the xxxxxxxxx I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply and therefore is in default of this request and as such is forbidden to request any relief until such compliance.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Alter to s77 and you must also counter paragraph 3, s69 interest being awarded at the discretion of the court etc