Parkingeye and Aldi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some years after having my own run in with ParkingEye at a car park for a local Aldi (and other stores) I am hoping to assist a family member with their own PCN.

In my own case I was driving my wife's car, and after what had reached the point of harassment of my wife by PE I contacted Aldi who were able to have the PCN cancelled.

This time Aldi are as yet unwilling to cancel the PCN, so I will need to appeal online with PE and no doubt then go down the POPLA route.

This is for an overstay of around 40 minutes in an otherwise free car park, will an appeal to POPLA on the grounds of GPEOL win at POPLA ? No receipts retained. There are 4 shops at the retail site.

This relative has been a longtime shopper with Aldi and has never overstayed before, and probably will not ever again after this episode.

Happy to reveal the store location if it helps. Signage at the site is not brilliant but if a GPEOL appeal will win then is there any need to start factoring all of that in ? Seems possible there is no planning permission for the specific signage too.

thanks,

myhandle