Inurance/MOT/Tax Question

obiter dictum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now it looks like i can drive due to my knee replacement so i have a question.

Purchased a car August 5th at a professional auction. a 2003 Micra. Sent off the log book and SORN declaration same day to DVLA (Recorded Delivery) and no response yet. DVLA still have it listed as no tax or MOT. Currently sat on my drive

MOT booked for the 1st September and insurance cover arranged to start same day

Now my question is on tax as the insurance cover starts on the 1st september. It will take a while for the DVLA Database to be updated so i can tax the vehicle. In the meantime i do not want to get stopped by plod or clamped for having to tax.

Any suggestions???

I have recently bought a new car, And had to wait a few days to go pick it up

I set the insurance to change over to the new car the morning of the day i picked it up

I taxed it online 2 days before, It seems you don't need the car insured to tax it

You can do it all online now, I sold my old car privately the day before, And as soon as it was driven off, I was able to inform DVLA i was no longer the owner, Then registered my new car to me online, Didn't even have to send the slip to them

I received My new V5 a few days later

Did you post the V5C/2 new keeper slip when you sorn'd it. I don't think you can get tax without either the v5 or v5c/2 new keeper part so if you've already posted it I think you'll just have to hope the V5 comes back in time to be able tax it on 1st Sep.

Ideally, in case there's a delay and the new log book doesn't arrive in time to tax it, I would have sent the V890 to declare sorn and ticking: "The V5C or V62 has already been submitted to register the vehicle in my name". That way you would have covered yourself by declaring sorn for the remaining month of August and still have the V5C/2 to be certain of being able to tax it on 1st Sep.