• Tweets

• the evidence you have from Mercedes is perfect. simply write to both the finance company and the dealership that sold you the car, stating under the consumer rights Act 2015 should a fault appear outside of 6mts, it's for the consumer to prove the fault was present at time of sale. Please find enclosed a copy of said report from Mercedes at XXXX stating quite clearly that the windscreen was replaced on Date , some xxx months/years BEFORE my purchase on DATE. there is a bill to pay of XXX to XXX , i expect you to sort this out between yourselves , i am not liable for this. something upon those lines anyway.  
    • Not really. I just wrote it based upon my credit file data with screenshots and stuff.  Also referring to multiple data points. You need to read before sending or writing it.    I have plenty of experience in this stuff so takes me half hour to write something like this. For you itll take an afternoon probably. An additional day with it on your CRA wont cause a problem.     Reference Material; ICO Credit File Guide - https://ico.org.uk/media/your-data-matters/documents/1282/credit-explained-dp- guidance.pdf ICO Main Page For Credit - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/ CMF Limitation Act 1980 - https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/the-limitation-act-1980-and-debt-time-limits.htm Gov Limitations Act 1980 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/2023-11-18 (Latest Version) Transunion 6 Years - https://www.transunion.co.uk/consumer/credit-report-help/how-long-does-information-stay-on-my-credit-report-for Equifax 6 Years - https://help.equifax.co.uk/EquifaxOnlineHelp/s/article/Howlongdoesadefaultedorsettledaccountstayinmyreport Experian 6 Years - https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/defaults.html#:~:text=A default will stay on,you still%20owe%20them%20money
    • Thanks fkofilee , by any chance is there a templete for guidance that i could use to help me write the complaint?
    • Hi everyone,  There were many topics on this issue in the past. May I please have an update if anyone managed to buy or sell the house with the leasehold air space on it? would the bank lend the mortgage?  If I was not informed about the complications when selling the house. instead, they told me that this would add value to the house and sell faster which is the opposite. Can I file the case and dispute it for mis-sold and misrepresentation?  I am in the year 9th and I was not aware of the issue until I wanted to sell my house. There has been no communication since I signed the contract. The company has never contacted or updated me on how much energy the panels generated how much I used etc.    This is a free panel from the government schemes, run by  Freetricity.   Thank you   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

VCS/BW claimform - PCN Liverpool on March 24th 2015

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

International business park Liverpool on March 24th 2015 - No Stopping Area

I made a left turn into what I thought was the site entrance where I was due to work that day.

I was wrong and it was a mistake.

It was an entrance to an unused site, blocked a few car lengths in by concrete barriers,

I had no option but to perform a U turn.

After completing this I was perfectly positioned at the T junction to return onto the main carriageway.

At this point a silver van drove slowly across the junction,

temporarily preventing my immediate re-entry,

the van then pulled up blocking my left side view of the carriageway.

At this point I noticed a camera panning around so I got out of my car opened the van door and confronted the woman inside

. I asked what she was doing and I was told “you’ve stopped in a no stopping area”,

I replied that I was only stopped while checking the carriageway was clear as per the highway code

(which it obviously hadn’t been as she was driving along it towards me).

She clearly wasn’t interested in my argument,

so I took a few photos of her van which was parked on yellow lines in the enforced ‘no stopping area’.

I suppose I was stopped then but only due to her actions.

I feel that I should not have to pay a fine for a genuine mistake (wrong turn).

on the basis that I never actually stopped until I was forced to by the circumstances created by the mobile camera van.

The signage was awful also.

I now have a county court claim dated 3rd August & have submitted an acknowledgement of service form to the court online.

claim total £238.96 including court fee and legal rep costs.

I have never admitted I was the driver of the vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi & Welcome to CAG,

Please can you click on the following... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014

Have a read and answer the questions by copying and paste to this thread.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi & Thank you,

Name of the Claimant – Vehicle Control services ltd

Date of issue – . - 3rd August 2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? –

In respect of a parking charge notice (PCN) issued on 24th March 2015 at International Business Park, Liverpool Peel L & Property Ltd.

What is the value of the claim? £164 + court fee £25.00 + Legal Rep £50.00 = total £239.00

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. VCS

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year? No

ohh this one sounds good

entrapment by the camera van!!

BW/? have issued 1000's of court claims in the last weeks

easily deal with.

don't forget to ack [AOS] the claim on MCOL website

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we'll deal with that later no rush.

wait for eric to pop up

and well concoct a cpr 31:14

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is simpler than that,

no stopping is prohibition so not a contractual matter and VCS then have no cause ofr action.

Thye have lost a good few of there and will continue to do so.

Im would be sending VCS a £10 cheque and demand a copy of all the "data" they hold on you as a request under the DPA to include the video the woman took.

If the7y say they havent got it

then a complaint about the destruction of your data should be made to the ICO as you wish to rely on it as evidence in a couet case and it isnt forthcoming.

That will take time but you should request a stay on proceedings whilst this matter is being dealt with.

A CPR 31.14 should get you the same evidence but they will try and avoid handing it over and there will be no comebac in them, unlike the ICO complaint.

So send an sar

And a cpr 31:14

and they

the discovery request should get them to show what they intend to use but not necessarily all that they have.

By all means go for both as that will cause them the most trouble

but if they comply with the CPR request and not the SAR and then say they have handed over all of the data they hold

(or at least anything of substance) it will be harder to whack in a complaint to the ICO.

Really though, the best case scenario is they just discontinue the claim when they get both requests and know you arent going to just lie down and pay up.

this is all about numbers,

they send out 1000 claims with inflated costs (that £54 added for no reason for example)

and 75% of people pay up that has more than paid for the costs of the other 25% just from the magic costs alone!

That give then an incentive to drop the awkward cases as other wise they start to lose money

and if they get hit with unreasonable behavious costs orders they then lose 50% of their gains from the roll-overs.

Thanks for the responses, i'm still work, sorry for the late reply. i will look at your advise and proceed with your recommendations tomorrow. Would it help at all if i upload a couple of the photos on here later/tomorrow with plate covered etc?

I don't have enough posts to post photos apparently. Was it the original PCN that you wanted?

I'm going to work now but i'm around this afternoon, again sorry for the delay. Its a busy time for me at the moment but i do appreciate your help.

I don't have enough posts to post photos apparently. Was it the original PCN that you wanted?

I'm going to work now but i'm around this afternoon, again sorry for the delay. Its a busy time for me at the moment but i do appreciate your help.

No, they want to see the Notice to Keeper

(the letter you should have received from the parking co informing you

that they have got your details from DVLA under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

As a PDF, with all your personal info removed,

or the site team will reject it.

Read the rules on how to upload files.

I don't think I've received a NTK I will double check when I get home as I've kept all correspondence letters but that doesn't ring any bells.

If you *haven't* been sent an NTK,

they would need to know the identity & address of whoever was driving.

If you haven't admitted that at any point,

it strikes me that they are out of time under PoFA.

Is there any chance that your vehicle is registered at another address

(e.g. prior to a house-move and you haven't updated your V5C)?

The PCN was the the first letter I got with the photo of the car that I received.

It took them ages to send 1srtletter as I'd just bought the car and had a private plate fitted.

I will attempt to put the pic on here when I get home.

I've joined photo bucket to act as server. I'm not very IT tech savy.

you don't need 10 posts

upload as a pdf follow the guide

and they

PCN photo - I don't have an NTK this was all i received. I did begin an appeal but did not submit any info after reading on here that it was a Kangaroo court. i will attach that letter next.

PCN.pdf

Edited by Hartley Hare

That looks like an attempt at an NTK. But as ericsbrother has said, they can't issue a parking charge against you as that is stating that you have agreed to enter into a contract with them, and you can't enter into a contract where their condition is prohibitive.

I will leave it to the experts on here to advise on how best to proceed.

Good luck!

I like the way they drop In the bit about high security zone.

bugger and ALL to do with them.

dx

and they

So after reading through all the posts would this be my next move, or would the info from the attachments suggest a different approach?

Thank you for all the contributions so far. I'm hoping ericsbrother has chance to look at the attached files and can give his thoughts.

it is simpler than that,

no stopping is prohibition so not a contractual matter and VCS then have no cause ofr action.

Thye have lost a good few of there and will continue to do so.

Im would be sending VCS a £10 cheque and demand a copy of all the "data" they hold on you as a request under the DPA to include the video the woman took.

If the7y say they havent got it

then a complaint about the destruction of your data should be made to the ICO as you wish to rely on it as evidence in a couet case and it isnt forthcoming.

That will take time but you should request a stay on proceedings whilst this matter is being dealt with.

A CPR 31.14 should get you the same evidence but they will try and avoid handing it over and there will be no comebac in them, unlike the ICO complaint.