A&D, how to convince JCP it's real and not just an excuse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been suffering from terrible A&D (anxiety and depression) for 7 years, but I've always managed to just hold down a job.

Recently though it's been getting too bad and I just can't function and I lost my job. so I went to the JCP and said I need some time off.

JCP said I can't sign on and get JSA because I voluntarily left my job - this is true. But I'm angry that I'm not one of these people you see on Channel 5 documentries. I've actually paid into the system all my life and now just need a little something back in the short term whilst I get my **** together.

I found this site and I see that most "ESA" claims are all about A&D because it's impossible to prove. I'm not one of the "bad back" majority, I really DO have a&d.

Is there any advice on how to tell the job centre I don't want to play their game because I've got a&d? I'm due to sign on tomorrow and can't be doing with their judgmental bull****. I've paid into the system all my life, I now want something back. But, I don't really want to have to go to my GP and start asking for drugs and fit notes, because it's only a&d that everyone gets, and 90% of the planet suffer from yet somehow manage to suck it up and get over it. But like a "bad back" I'm thinking I can't get over it and need to get me some ESA.

Obviously I'll fail when it finally gets to some sort of ATOS evaluation. But I figure I can get a helluva lot of free money before that. I really just need some time off.

Sorry for the ramble, thanks for reading.

I just need some time off and anxiety and depression seems the impossible to prove catch all.

Any advice?

Edited by trotskysghost

Okay, I feared so. Thanks for the advice.

I've got an understanding GP so he'll probably help me out, but I was hoping there might be another way to get some time off without always having to resort to playing the "a&d" card.

Looks like I'll have to.

I just feel bitter that people can have as many kids as they want without ever having a job or paying into the system yet expect the state to pay for their choices. But I work for 20 years paying tax and never asking anything from the state, no kids, no NHS, BUT the one time I'm going through something and ask for a little back, a little time out, NO! The only way I'll get that is by accentuating my symptoms and getting a note from my gp to say a&d.

I'll do it. But surely something's ****ed up with this?

Okay, I feared so. Thanks for the advice.

I've got an understanding GP so he'll probably help me out, but I was hoping there might be another way to get some time off without always having to resort to playing the "a&d" card.

Looks like I'll have to.

I just feel bitter that people can have as many kids as they want without ever having a job or paying into the system yet expect the state to pay for their choices. But I work for 20 years paying tax and never asking anything from the state, no kids, no NHS, BUT the one time I'm going through something and ask for a little back, a little time out, NO! The only way I'll get that is by accentuating my symptoms and getting a note from my gp to say a&d.

I'll do it. But surely something's ****ed up with this?

Why is it such an imposition that you have to get a med cert?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Because I come from the old school where you just get on with your problems. You go to the gp when you've got cancer, not when you feel a little bit down on your life.

Its not a case of you just being 'down' you are saying you have a medical condition and due to that medical condition you cant work.

You either claim JSA and apply for work or you claim ESA and have confirmation from a medical professional that you do have A&D.

Sorry but only 20 years of paying in to the system doesn't give you the right to claim benefits without following the rules and meeting the criteria.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks