• Tweets

• Hi All. My other halfs car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online.   She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. Unfortunately, as we where travelling we missed all the post until last week. We recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i dug out the documents and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
    • you made it very confusing, though i doubt any of it was ever read by the delivery franchise for DPD. your saving grace might well be you didn't select your own address (though if you are all the same postcode..??) and neither mentioned a safe space other than another neighbour. but with the actual delivery address on the parcel, it appears the driver had a choice of 3 addresses, all under the same post code with differing house numbers. so chose the label one but left it on your doorstep. play it carefully and along with the photo and the retailers requirement you should be ok.   dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that i will have a look later.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok CD I was expecting this anyways, GTSTL is an EA and would know from my wording what I have said is correct, I have no reason to lie because if other debtors follow this and are able to see what I said is true then that will suffice,

I did not want to put up any documents, firstly it would identify the town and the PC its a short thought to the EA company. After all it is possible to create a look-a-like redacted document is it not? That would be too much effort on my part just to post information on a forum, I see no point whatsoever.

This town also operates a different parking structure and they informed me that a disabled user can park in all zones except an X zone all day including 'residents only bays' providing that the badge and time clock are displayed correctly, then no PCN will be issued. Suffice to say when I passed on this information to the driver they have had no more PCN's because of overstaying the permitted 3 hours on lines and all day in certain car parks for free....

I can of course redact the payment plan document but until I get the original from the office I will refrain from posting the email version up. Then and only then if the debtor agrees...

I just wish that some would be happy but alas this is not to be, but given the information is now posted it will be up to each reader to draw their own conclusions from it! Good or bad....

So you are unwilling to provide any documents that actually show the reasoning on headed paper that show this fine was "written off"?

Ok. Fair enough.

Another pointless thread offering no advice apart from "sit in the dark, hide your car, dont answer the door and hopefully it will go away".

Its not that I don't believe you, as the EA bit is plausible, as in, fees will be written off after 12 months.

But....the council just writing a ticket off!?! No, that I find interesting and id like to see proof that it happened and WHY it happened.

I am betting that there are mitigating circumstances that are involved here.

Also, as you are holding personal data about this third party, I assume you comply fully with the DPA and this is why you choose not to release copies, redacted or otherwise?

Sorry I have not been back as had an awful episode and not back in good form.

Early '15 the debtor was parking with a blue badge incorrectly and got some PCN's

Mid June '15 one had gone to the TEC but was appealed they won that one with help from the CAB I think. One was missed and enforcement commenced. We are now at 15/07/2015...

The others were paid and cleared and dealt with. Somehow a new batch of PCN's were issued and the debtor didn't appeal. By now we are in March '16. I was asked for help.

Now the one that got away, this went to the EA and they attended and did the usual thing and called added fees but got nowhere for payment.

As we all know a PNC debt is valid a year only. This expired on the 16/07/2016. I called the PC and asked for the debt to be written off as uncollectable due to the payment plan already in force,

Since I am still very groggy from my bad fit I hope I have covered the points I missed in my original post for this I am sorry, I think this was the build up to the fit when I started to post originally.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell, you should ensure that take plenty of rest (very difficult I know in this weather).

I hadn't realised that the debtor was a Blue Badge holder. If she or he had a Motability vehicle, this would have restricted bailiff enforcement considerably. Hopefully she will manage to adhere to the payment plan.

Also just to Clarify the Motability Vehicle and PCN.

See this Motability link: http://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/do-i-need-to-pay-parking-tickets-or-traffic-offences-fines

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Also, as you are holding personal data about this third party, I assume you comply fully with the DPA and this is why you choose not to release copies, redacted or otherwise?

I'm reasonably sure MM will be doing things by the book, as that seems to be how he operates. However, I share your concern about posters holding personal data and complying fully with the DPA.

If anyone here is concerned about what they can and cannot do, the ICO website is superb, and I have always found them extremely helpful when chatting to them over the phone.

I know this is a slight diversion from the main topic, but as you mentioned it, it is worth reiterating for other members.

MM

You are far more important than this thread, so do what you need to look after yourself before feeling the slightest bit obliged to answer anything on here. Your health comes first, and I have little doubt we'd all say that.

I also had started a topic re the CPR rules and a PCN this thread was moved and I have been unable to locate it. I have added the letter that was dated the 15/05/2016 and asked for advice but the thread disappeared so here as more history and a fully redacted PDF... This was the final contact letter from the EA in regards to this PCN.

The rest is listed above...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?467307-NEW-CPR-changes-applicable-6th-April-2016

Thread recovered.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for the long reply its worth the read!

So you are unwilling to provide any documents that actually show the reasoning on headed paper that show this fine was "written off"?

Ok. Fair enough.

Since the information required is on the memory stick the debtor has then until I see them next I cannot access this information. Since I have 3rd party I will ask the PC if the will email me a copy of the letter directly, I cannot see an issue with that.

Grumpy suffice to say when the information is given to me and I can redact I will post it up, whether or not the PC state why I cannot say ATM.

Andy. Although this PCN has been cleared by a strange course of events it is actually ended. Even when I get the redacted info up I will of course expect to be told its a fake. Either way I am on a hiding to nothing here. Thx for recovering the thread, but the CPR issue is confusing me still! Why is this?

Off/ON topic as it has been posted please allow in this instance:

CD/BA thanks for your concerns this time of year is awful for me and I am taking some serious precautions. Also of concern is my ability to live alone, so I am looking at sheltered accommodation now with assistance from my LA/ALMO.

Other answers:

1. Yes the car is a Motability car and as a customer I am aware of the T&C's of the agreement:

2. The debtor is a future family member (maybe)

3. Since the debtor is (2) I can do much more than normal (very acceptable for ICO and DPA) already checked.

4. Grumpy not unwilling but my hands are tied until post arrives plus making sure I can post with permission.

5. Using the guidance is always a great tool I have used this extensively on this case.

6. The payment plan is succeeding is because they pay me each week I pay the PC. This way the remaining debt WILL be paid... No further enforcement will happen provided the plan stays on course and it will, the cost would be too much to bear, X6 PCN's to pay, times those fees it's a nightmare debt.

7. I came in to this very late in the day but used the knowledge gained here and elsewhere to assist and resolve.

8. Debtor does bury their head until its almost too late to help, trust me this madness has ended!

9. Most of you know I have a serious problem with my health, part of my recovery is to get the brain working again, this is why I am TRUSTED to do what I do and have done and excellent job thus far. Almost A 1,00 positive reputation markers...

10. Once I move to more secure accommodation and with my new support my postings will slowly drop as I will now need to make time for me. A number of years here on CAG have been great. I now need to make time for me and my recovery for some time to come...

11. Totally off topic this part but this is me being honest as I always am when posting on CAG: This issue that caused me to be as I am has returned, and it is serious so I will need not put me 1st and CAG has to come second for a while whilst I recover again. I hope you all understand this?

12. The biggest battle I am in so far is my water rates issue because the BBC has now picked this up and investigating, because I posted information here...

Finally lying on a public forum gains me nothing and I have nothing to gain and I would undoubtedly lose any and all respect that I have gained over the years would it not, I would also lose the respect of the one person I love dearly that is well you know whom that is!!!

PS A lie will always be a lie, my pride in myself far out weighs any lie to post a lie I cannot and will not do this CD picked up on this thx for that CD...

PPS Admin are aware of the thread and responses from the BBC why because I broke the story right here on CAG my greatest achievement to date!

Thank yo for reading

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Coughdrop....can you please keep this thread on topic !!!

Sorry BA but CD's post was no more off topic than the following

"I have worked extensively with " the poorest in the community", and I can assure you the genuine poor do not drive tax and insure vehicles."

It works both ways.

Regards to all

Andyorch your reply post #31 the thread I was looking for is here >> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464602-Final-chance-letter-from-Bailiff-co.-acting-as-on-a-PCN

Sorry I missed this more times than I can remember sorry for that... Further reading in the link above...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

The link in post #34 this thread, dx100uk asked to see the letterhead this is now visible see attachment. This was at post #36 of the link.. Pers have been removed: But header fully readable now:

Doc1a.pdf

Sorry BA but CD's post was no more off topic than the following

"I have worked extensively with " the poorest in the community", and I can assure you the genuine poor do not drive tax and insure vehicles."

It works both ways.

Regards to all

Given the amount of time posters are spending on here disusing ther personal issue i thought i would be allowed one small paragraph which was in answer to another off topic post in any case.

The certification issue is one i tried to raise earlier but was sidetracked by CD thinking i was yet again refering to his" highly successful" debt charity, i wasn't and oddly enough never have, perhaps he should start a thread.

Now we see that there are other issues which may concern the authorities in regard to regulation.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

OK further update. Just spoken to the PC and they will send a copy of the letter confirming the PCN has been cancelled and written off.

I am allowed to react and post. This will be up later in the day. I am away fromy keyboard for several hours. Sorry for the wait...

MM

The letter that you have exhibited in post number 35 is very interesting as it confirms what I have been saying for a very long time.

The advice that is commonly given to individuals by some posters (not me I hasten to add), is to 'sit it out' and wait for approx 3-4 months for the debt to be returned to the local authority. I have indicated recently that enforcement companies are retaining accounts for much longer period (up to 6 months or more). In the Rossendale's case that you have assisted with, it would appear that they have retained the warrant for well over 10 months.

In future, if any posters are minded to advise debtors to 'sit it out', they should refrain from advising that a warrant will be returned to the council /creditor after three months as this is not the case.

OK further update. Just spoken to the PC and they will send a copy of the letter confirming the PCN has been cancelled and written off.

I am allowed to react and post. This will be up later in the day. I am away fromy keyboard for several hours. Sorry for the wait...

MM

I am not sure what you mean by PC but will wait to see the exhibit.

Where the problem lay yesterday, was that you had indicated that it was the enforcement company that had written off their fees and that they had also written off the local authorities debt as well. Quite rightly, I questioned the legality of an enforcement agency being able to write off a debt that is not theirs.

It would also seem that the reason why Rossendale's have 'written off' (so to speak) their fees of £310, is because the warrant that was issued on 15th July 2015, has now expired.

Nonetheless, I agree with your comment yesterday that this thread is an important one. It has highlighted to debtors and posters that enforcement companies are retaining accounts for almost the entire 12 month period of the warrant.

Yes this was my, and I believe grumpy point also.

I also wondered who PC is.

The letter that you have exhibited in post number 35 is very interesting as it confirms what I have been saying for a very long time.

The advice that is commonly given to individuals by some posters (not me I hasten to add), is to 'sit it out' and wait for approx 3-4 months for the debt to be returned to the local authority. I have indicated recently that enforcement companies are retaining accounts for much longer period (up to 6 months or more). In the Rossendale's case that you have assisted with, it would appear that they have retained the warrant for well over 10 months.

In future, if any posters are minded to advise debtors to 'sit it out', they should refrain from advising that a warrant will be returned to the council /creditor after three months as this is not the case.

As someone who does this, though only for CT debts as you are aware, I don't put a time frame on it, nor does it matter too much. As long as the debtor is putting as much money as possible to one side to make a payment once it has been returned, then in a way, the longer the better. They won't keep it for more than 12 months as the warrant will die, by which time the debtor will hopefully be in a position to make a decent payment towards the principal sum owed.

Incidentally, have you come across many, or even any cases, where the warrant has been kept for 10 months for Council Tax?

Hi CD

I have a LO out with Newlyns this I think is from August last year,

I did ask the council to bring it back after I set up a payment plan for another LO

but in reply it was ignored.

But saying that I have only had 1 visit at 5 am with a letter posted,

and a few threats from Newlyn since.

It doesn't really matter how long the EA keeps the warrant, the point i no one is going to tell the debtor anyway.

So I expect the advice would be to ring the bailiff every 5 minutes for the next 12 months.

Even then the liability order can be re issued and another warrant produced, the LO can do this seamlessly as said before.

Hi CD

I did ask the council to bring it back after I set up a payment plan for another LO but in reply it was ignored.

But saying that I have only had 1 visit at 5 am with a letter posted, and a few threats from Newlyn since.

Leakie,

You need to start a NEW THREAD regarding your above query with Newlyn's.

Hi CD

I did ask the council to bring it back after I set up a payment plan for another LO

5am is, as you know, outside legal times for a visit. Is this CT?

If so, what is your intent with this, to wait for it to be returned and ensure no goods are taken under control, or are you wanting to get a repayment arrangement with the EA? Given your lack of response to Newlyns I'm assuming the former, but it's better to check.

As DB stated, it may be best to start a new thread for this if it is going to be an involved post. If mentioned only in passing, then obviously there's no need.

Ok I am home.. PC = Parking Company (PC) here is the redacted letter sent via email: Only personal information removed everything else is in place.

This is a redacted version of the letter sent to the debtor which was received by them today.pdf

Hi CD

If this is council tax I would be inclined to give the authority a ring, you may find it has already been returned.

I know that there is a temptation to let sleeping dogs lie, but sometimes they can wake up and bite you in the bum.

I believe that this debt has actually been unique in these circumstances why?

1. Speaking to the OC or the entity that owns the debt (sorry for the word entity I cannot think of another other than OC)

2. Trying to deal with the EA with a vulnerable debt is/was very hard at times. (EA wanted nothing less than full payment) disclosure was produced and verified but still only full payment requests made!

3. The hard part of 'sitting it out' this was possible due to refusing our offers and vulnerability issues? Not sure on this 100% the debtor is anyways!

3a. Trying hard to get accepted as vulnerable was nigh on impossible (OC) accepted but EA didn't )) Ultimately there were 6 different visits made)))

4. Getting this debt returned. this is always an option, but as discussed it could go straight back out to a new Enforcement Company new fees added.

4a. Keeping a very close eye on the time frame is extremely important (saves money and a new EA getting involved). Regular contact is very important.

5. Getting arrangement plans in place was easy for other PCN's, BUT: gaining the trust of the 'creditor' took some doing.

5a But by doing this and keeping to the plan is vitally important. I had more help from talking to the OC than the EA in this case.

6. Keeping everything up to date with written confirmation at EVERY stage and recording calls.

6a A failure to do these basic tasks can cause some serious complications when trying to get the debt paid!

MM,

Is this thread of yours from the parking section anything to do with the case being discussed on here?

If so, was her Out of Time witness statement accepted or rejected?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461471-Need-advice-for-a-pcn-that-is-out-for-enforcement

Having just remote accessed the memory stick the PCN in this case is the same one....

The OOT was rejected hence the continued visits for payment. I was not aware of the refusal from the TEC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks