style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, good afternoon

A quick question, we've just launched our online store and had our first teething problem!

We sold an item but completely forgot that we left an automatic discount on the system to apply on all orders over a certain amount, the customer was obviously very happy with this discount applied! As this was an error on our side, do we have to honour this order with the discount?

Many thanks

If you haven't yet sent this out you should be able to cancel the sale however if you have already posted it, that's that.

do you have terms and conditions on your site? Do you have a contingency for this?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox,

We've not sent the item out yet, but really needed a heads up on the legal side of things before we cancel the order and customer calls up.

We have t&s's yes but the only section i can see which may cover this problem is this:

(4) Products

The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat” - not a contractual offer.

Prices stated on our website may be stated incorrectly.

The purchase of products via our website will be subject to our terms of sale.

In all honesty, i think the first mistake we have made is not looking at this part in full...

Thank you

As an 'Invitation to Treat' this is a two part term. The customer offers to buy and the seller agrees to sell. Other companies state that the contract is not complete until delivery has happened or has left the warehouse.

What are the terms of sale?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

both argos & tescos have fallen victim to mis quoted prices

the ones the sent they could o nothing about

those not sent

money was returned and customers were told to re order.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As embarrasing as this is, i dont think there is! There was a company who told us this is all we need and we followed.

Do we need a solicitor or similar to look through everything and include the correct terms?

We sold an item but completely forgot that we left an automatic discount on the system to apply on all orders over a certain amount, the customer was obviously very happy with this discount applied! As this was an error on our side, do we have to honour this order with the discount?

Legal debates aside, can you afford to take the loss on the discount or are you willing to upset a customer that might order again in the future ?

From a customer's perspective, I would be disappointed if the seller failed to ship at the price advertised and would look to buy elsewhere if the order was rescinded.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You see that's what i was feeling, we can take the loss as the fact its our fault and we are trying to generate the start of a customer base.

I was really looking to iron out any mistakes like this and to cover myself as and when i would decide to say the dreaded 'No' to the customers i then would have the correct answers to give.

Where should i go to make sure the entire shop is covered in respect of terms and conditions?

Thank you for your replies

Let this sale go, and the buyer enjoy the item. Disable the discount, and overhaul your T&C's. If you need to brainstorm, check other online stores t&c's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Let this sale go, and the buyer enjoy the item. Disable the discount, and overhaul your T&C's. If you need to brainstorm, check other online stores t&c's.

That's not a bad idea at all.

as well as reading other terms and conditions, I would pay particular attention to when the contract is complete. Upon dispatch or when it arrives with a customer.

With this particular customer send the item and send a message stating your error and that this time you will let them have it at the quoted price and hope they visit again but then refer them to the terms and conditions for incorrectly priced items.