xc_davey22 v natwest

xc_davey22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Got a phone call this morning from a manager at Intrum justitia working on behalf of NatWest. Apparently I'm going to court to settle £554.20. :mad:

I've never deposited ANY money in this account, I did NOT even activate the card and they want me to pay these charges.:o It was the Advantage Gold Account with the account charge.

I've sent out a Data Protection Subject Access Request, but I'm just curious as to whether they are taking me to court yet or whether its a scare tactic.

Also, is there anything I can do in the meantime to delay this 'court action'? Or at least something to tell them over the phone?

Cheers and that for all your help.

Seems like a tricky one this, AG fees are not the same as penalty charges as I'm sure you know and as such people here aren't claiming for these.

From their perspective they have charged you for a legitimate service (which presumably you signed up to?) and you have simply chosen not to use it.

I'd PM a moderator if I were you as this is fairly novel.

I have to say I don't have a particualrly good feeling about this but I wish you the best of luck getting your money back; it seems very unfair.

Cheers Godders,

But thats just it, I've had the account for approx 18 months.... surely that would amount up to no more than say £200 even if the account has been running all this time, which I don't think it has.

So the £10 account charge with no money in the account soon becomes £38 with unauthorised o/d charge. Then the same each month.

Is there something I can tell them in the meantime when they call? Also what do you say to them when they say "you signed a contract saying you'll accept these charges"?

I believe that if an account is in dispute then repayment can be put on hold although I would urge you to check this with a moderator. I don't have experience in dealing with a debt which has been passed on to a collection agency.

If so you can just tell them to bog off and leave you alone until the dispute is settled (I'd recommend choosing some more suitable words :D ). You will probably be liable for the actual AG fees though but at least if you get the penalty charges back it will be a good chunk of the debt.

If they point out that you signed a Contract accepting charges just say that you feel you have been deceived into paying them. You accepted the bank's assertion that these were fair and reasonable but have since learnt that these are in fact unlawful in that they are not a true reflection of their costs (this is loosely taken from the preliminary approach letter).

Good luck