Advice needed, car insurance 'accidentally' cancelled by Endsleigh

doublebarrel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've just got off the phone with Endsleigh, who have confirmed that my car insurance was accidentally cancelled due to an error on their end.

It was cancelled from last Friday (18/03), therefore I have not had valid insurance for the past week. I was not given any explanation, only apologies from Endsleigh. However, I feel cheated by by insurer as I could have potentially lost my license had I driven unaware of the insurance cancellation and been stopped by the Police.

They did not give me any notice of cancellation (although their policy booklet states they must give 7 days), and it was only until I logged into my online account last night that I realised my insurance had been cancelled.

I am seeking some sort of compensation to make up for this inadequacy on their end, and have begun to lodge a formal complaint.

Has anyone got any experience in a similar incident? If so, suggestions for action?

Thanks.

If it was a mistake they can reinstate the policy, so that it was never cancelled. Normally they can't backdate cover, but if there is a mistake, they can reinstate the policy from the date it was cancelled.

You need to register a complaint with their head of customer services and get them to resolve this. They should resolve your complaint quickly and offer some compensation for the distress caused.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply.

They are in the process of reinstating it, I'm just furious at the fact I could have so easily been victim for something that was not my fault.

Hopefully I'll get some nice compensation.