Lowells have issued a CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

really panicking here, they're are chasing me for a vodafone account from over 6 years ago. I got in a lot of debt when i was younger but paid it all off except for debts i didn't believe i owed. this being one of them, at the time i was with vodafone i just wasnt getting what i was paying for, calls kept disconnecting, messages not going through. complained multiple times to vodafone with no action. eventually i cancelled my direct debit and explained to them why. years went by till lowells got hold of it.

Ive been communicating with them normally explained why i don't think i owe this debt (its for £994 by the way which is ridiculous) and they said they'd look into it. i emailed them back the other day and they were wanting more personal details from me than i was prepared to give to a company i don't know. i said I've got their letter and ref number and i wanted to make sure I owe the money and I'm not giving out all my personal details, i wanted a copy of the original signed contract and they're claiming i made a payment to the account 5 years ago (which I have no record of) so i asked them for proof of this.

next thing i get the count court claim form through the door? really not sure what to do and panicking a bit as all the work to paying off my debts will be for nothing if they successfully get this against me, what can i do?

I hope I've written the format right below this is my first time on these forums, I've already been on the MCOL site and acknowledged the claim

thanks in advance, Steve

Issue date - 16th march

amount - £994

claimant - lowells solicitors

original creditor - vodafone

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved this thread to the Legal Issues Forum, you should get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Stav...if you would read the following link and then copy and paste your responses back here to enable the best advice on how to proceed with the claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread