Shopacheck didn't default my account grrrrr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just on to ask a small question regarding a shopacheck account which I had

I opened this up in May 2009 and continued to make payments til July 2009 and the collections lady didn't come back and to behonest I completely forgot about that account as I had other things on my mind.

So from July 2009 to November 2010 I heard and my report shows 6 payments late a good few times, then the collections lady gets in contact with me and states that I have to start making token payments if I can't make the whole amount, which I couldn't at the time because I was on slow paid job. It was originally £75 so I agreed with the manager of he company to make £20 installments.

Yes I should have kept the money aside but didn't know what was happening, can they keep the count non defaulted for so long? How long can a company keep an account not defaulted?

I have complained to the Equifax and they replied stating rhat it's in their T&C's that payments should have been made regardless if the collector didn't turn up?

The account was finally settled in October of 2012 but it will be the only debt on my report which doesn't drop off till 2018 :(