HPH2/Cohen Claim Form barclaycard 'debt'***Settled by Tomlin Order***

isbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So - did all of the above.

Had the mediation call as expected,

and told them that unfortunately no, I hadn't received any of the requested paperwork.

The mediation person said that's fine, we are unable to proceed with mediation then.

Today I received a 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing) for a date in mid-August.

My question is: what do I need to do now, if anything?

follow what it asks you to do by the required date.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From what I can deduce, that is simply nothing. The onus is on the claimant to produce the relevant paperwork 14 days before the hearing, or they are snookered.

basically yes

but you must complete your part too...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will still need to prepare your own court bundle, currently on a no paperwork basis until they provide otherwise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Very little other than your Defense for the witness statement if they produce nowt

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

If you look at the Court Directions closely...it will state all parties to submit their documents by date xxxxxxx (disclosure)and prepare a statement (witness ) which also part of your disclosure by date xxxxxxx

Bundles are for more complicated claims/defences

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Martin & Andy, really helpful. The witness statement will, I'm guessing, be me stating what I've requested, and that I haven't received a single thing?

• 3 weeks later...

OK. Tomorrow I shall get my stuff together to send to the Court. So do I need to just send copies of the letters I sent out to our dear friends at Cohens etc?

Take a read of the last page of the following thread isbo...this is an excellent example of how to prepare your disclosure and witness statement..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?458383-Lowell-lowells-sols-claimform-old-Vodafone-mobile-debt/page6

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Still not received a thing off the other side. Hearing is due to be this coming Monday - should I book a day off work to attend? I can't book half days, btw.

So no disclosures or witness statement from them ?

So when your in court inform the judge that the claimant has failed to comply with his directions and failed to disclose any documents or witness statement on you...so barred from relying on any documentation.

Refer to CPR 3 THE COURT’S CASE MANAGEMENT POWERS

Power to strike out a statement of case

(1) In this rule and rule 3.5, reference to a statement of case includes reference to part of a statement of case.

(2) The court may strike out(GL) a statement of case if it appears to the court –

(a) that the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;

(b) that the statement of case is an abuse of the court’s process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or

© that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

Andy

• Like 1

If you dont attend you cant tell the court...you lose they win you get a CCJ.

If the court does strike out the claim ask for your costs ...and take proof (written evidence) that you have had to take a day off work (£90.00)

I would venture that an employer can not deny you the right to defend a claim being made against you.

Your priority should be to attend the hearing.

Have you been denied the time off from work despite explaining the reason?

Imho i would attend the hearing and deal with the fallout from work later if necessary, what would be the worst case scenario with regard to work? I mean as opposed to getting a ccj by default for not attending?

isbo you are in your rights to book a days holiday and they cant refuse you, unless its written in your contract (eg certain time of the year). They can however refuse to pay you, but don't worry about that. My wife works in HR mate but give acas a ring and they will tell you the same. You do tho have to of worked there for two years or you have no rights lmao