INDO vs Lloyds TSB

INDO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written a letter with the £10 fee for a list of all the charges.

It is nearing 40 days since I wrote it and to date I have received no response whatsoever. £10 has not even been debited from my account.

What is the next step?

It will take every one of the 40 days ... I suggest giving them a call .... take a look at my thread .. it might help.

Thanks, I'll give them the full time. Then if I still don't get a reply, I will take further action then.

Ok. but I would still call them - worst case is that they say they havent recieved it - then at least you know what to do now rather than waste any more time.

They've received it as I sent it by recorded delivery and have checked.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I rang them up, and they transferred me to my branch. The branch told me to forward the letter to the branch where my account was held. The account is and has been closed down since march 2006.

Whats the next best step?

Hi

Did you ring the Copy Statement Unit (0845 300 4431)?

Barty :)

No I just rang head office, who then put me through to the branch.

When I ring copy statement unit, what exactly is the best thing to ask them?

How do I overcome objections to the data?

I sent the data letter asking for the statements to the registered office at 25 gresham street. Do I send the preliminary approach for payment to the same address?

So i need to send them all my statements and schedule of charges, or just the statements, or both?

Just the schedule of charges. It's taken you 6 weeks to get the statements and now you want to send them straight back!!!

I have all the schedule of charges. However, I only have a handful of statments dating back to 2000/2001.

They have not sent me all the statements.

Whats is the best thing I can do?

Sorry, I think we're at crosspurposes as to what a schedule of charges is.

It's just a list of all your charges: type of charge, amount, date.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

Sorry, I think we're at crosspurposes as to what a schedule of charges is.

It's just a list of all your charges: type of charge, amount, date.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

They have sent me all the charges, so shall I just send the sheets with all the charges back, and use a calcultor to calculate the money?

They have sent me proper bank statements too, but only a handful. Why haven't I got all my bank statements, so I can cross-reference the charges?

You don't need to send the sheets with all the charges. Use the spreadsheet as above. Enter all your charges into it, this will calculate the s69 8% interest that you can claim when you file at court. Save the s/s and delete the last 2 columns (8% bits). Print out as your schedule of charges and send that, ie a single sheet, with your preliminary letter.

You don't need to send the sheets with all the charges. Use the spreadsheet as above. Enter all your charges into it, this will calculate the s69 8% interest that you can claim when you file at court. Save the s/s and delete the last 2 columns (8% bits). Print out as your schedule of charges and send that, ie a single sheet, with your preliminary letter.

Ok Thanks.

:D keep us posted

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received what looks like a fully standard letter from lloyds tsb. They are defending there charges.

They have taken slightly less than the 14 days I gave them for a reply. Shall I send the claim off now? Or do I still wait a few more days till the 14 days have passed and then send it?

• 4 weeks later...

After sending the letter before action, I have now recieved a letter saying: ...Generally we don't agree to adjust any of these charges, but i can tell you that on this occasion we are prepared to reduce the charges by repaying you £750." (total claim is £1074.50 excluding interest)

..."I need to let you know that this does not mean we consider we have any legal obligation to do so. You will receive a cheque in the next few days"

"This letter is the banks final response..."

They do not say it's a final settlement or it should be accepted as such. Shall I cash the cheque and continue the claim for the rest of the money via the courts or send them anothe letteR?

Most of the time they are paying the £750 (and it's always £750) into people's a/c's, which causes headaches re schedule of charges and interest re-calculations.

Personally I'd send the cheque back with a letter of rejection and file for the whole amount. Keeps everything straightforward and you can then claim 8% interest on all your charges.

Entirely your choice.

Most of the time they are paying the £750 (and it's always £750) into people's a/c's, which causes headaches re schedule of charges and interest re-calculations.

Personally I'd send the cheque back with a letter of rejection and file for the whole amount. Keeps everything straightforward and you can then claim 8% interest on all your charges.

Entirely your choice.

This claim is for a closed down account -well before the claim began. Also it appears that there are no conditions attached to this, it's just the final response from the bank. They havent said it's a final settlement or anything like that they just offered to refund part of the money and said the cheque will be with me in the next few days.

In this case shall I still send the cheque back and reject the money? Or shall I cash the cheque and go to court for the rest of the money?