• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trading bloc yes.

The preamble "ever closer union" was already in the 1957 treaty of Rome. When Britain joined the EEC in 1973, the preamble was already there. When voters voted to stay in the EEC in 1975, they voted to agree with that preamble. No excuses can be taken.

The bigots who rant about a presumed dictatorship of the EU, are happy to clean for the queen, an unelected millionaire who is actually half German.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The population of this country were not told in 1975 what the result of joining the Common Market (it was for trade) would be, they were lied to and kept in the dark. Just like the country is today by Cameron and his cronies.

An internal government memorandum said;

“I enclose a draft on sovereignty…We are rather worried about the impact on Parliamentary opinion…the fact of the primacy of community legislation cannot be disguised. But I feel that there is a case for omitting it altogether.”

A British Foreign Office paper is quite explicit;

“Community law is required to take precedence over domestic law: i.e. if a Community law conflicts with a statute, it is the statute which has to give way….the community system requires that such Community Law as applies directly as law in this country should by virtue of its own legal force as law in this country prevail over conflicting national legislation.”

(FCO 30/1048, National Archives)

So when, in the October 1974 General Election, Harold Wilson’s Labour Party manifesto included a pledge to renegotiate terms for Britain’s membership and then hold a referendum, (now were have I heard that before) the loss of sovereignty was an issue about which not merely the entire ‘yes’ campaign wanted to keep quit but also the Government itself. (we could be talking about this referendum)

The population of this country could have taken the time to read the EEC treaty before relying on being told what to do by their betters.

What a sanctimonious/patronising statement, I suppose you read every bit of literature published at the time????

most of what we know now was not available at the time, as the government of the day did not want the general public to know what they were signing up for.

It is the duty of a good citizen to be informed of the laws they are voting about. No excuses!

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV%3Axy0023

I have read your link top to bottom and it is irrelevant in relation to 1974/75, at that time very few of the general public had computers,(I never knew anybody with one) so were unable like today to access that information, which suited the government of the day, which was to keep the real purpose of the then common market.

Today you have that advantage so are able to look up the relevant information.

These are the original leaflets posted through every letter box in the UK.

1. Is the government issue leaflet, with all the same propaganda that you are getting from the in mob today, if we don’t vote to stay we will as a country disintegrate.

2. Is the leaflet produced by the in mob with the same rubbish as the governments leaflet.

3. This leaflet is from OUT it is the only leaflet to give any honest information, to the general public.

So please don’t say the general public should have done their researched, it was just not available at the time, and even if it had been it was not made available to the public because government did not want the country to know what they were signing up to.

So what you're saying is that citizens shouldn't do their homework and think with their own head but vote according to propaganda leaflets?

Well, Sir or Madam, I disagree!

• 4 weeks later...
That the London stock exchange could well end up run by the EU financiers, from within the EU, whether we leave or not ....

So what's the problem? Are you against free market?

• 2 weeks later...
I think that was a shameful bit of scaremongering. I rather suspect that people just wont believe them.

Strangely enough this presumed scaremongering comes from multiple sources. So what becomes of Britain once it leaves the EU? Who's going to support Britain when negotiating with the evil EU? Not the USA, not the IMF, not the WTO.

Britain will be completely isolated and left to its own device.

This would make the angry little Englanders happy, but is it worth pursuing this lunacy?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Austria is planning to build a border fence which sounds a sensible idea..

Then in case they should leave the EU. Another case of wanting to keep the cake and eat it.

Whatever the final score, the margin will be very narrow. Last year I'd have predicted a 55 to 45 for remain, but the leave is gaining momentum, just like the yes gained traction at the last minute during the Scottish referendum. A game changer would be another terror attack maybe a couple of weeks before the vote.

In any case the matter will not be settled here and now. We don't even know what the EU will be in 10 years. The perfect solution would be a 2 tier Europe. Tier 1 are the countries that want to become part of a federal superstate. Tier 2 would be a bit like the EEA but on steroids. And in any case a European army is inevitable. How do you fight Islamic terrorism on European soil? It's clear that NATO are not really interested, as long as it doesn't affect USA interests.

Personally speaking, the future in Europe doesn't look good..

Can I recommend:

Tin_foil_hat_2.png

How do we know it wont be rigged..

Simple. If it goes your way, democracy has won! If it goes the other way, it's been rigged.

If the remain plays project fear, the outers play project terror.

100 million Muslims heading to the UK, etc.

I see Boris has yet again made a Monkey out of himself. He is the best thing ever for the remain campaign.

http://bbc.in/22ftSr3

Not quite. See what happened in the us of a with that Trump thing. Boris is playing the Trump card. He's appealing exactly to that demented electorate that wants that kind of gore.

The 25th June 2016 will be a day to remember, a day for street parties.

The day our trade with the rest of the world shot up, the day we stop migrants by the million coming here and increasing the crime levels and ripping off the real natives of this beautiful land.

If you want to try and argue that there are Brits working abroad, yes, but they are spread around 27 countries but we have 2.5 million just in this one country.

Terrorists will be able to be deported by 'our' courts and not cost us £millions running to then namby pambyies of the ECHR who are only in it for the money.

Oh dear!

What about the unelected monarch and the House of Lords? Do you patriot freedom fighters want to get rid of them too? In which case I can join forces.

You keep asking for links:-

Re-thread 492

WELL WELL WELL

EU ARMY MOVES STEP CLOSER: MEP

says Brussels defence force 'only way'

to protect Europe

EU Army tanks pictured in Britain European Union battle group exercises

Daily Mail‎ - 17 hours ago

Invasion of the EU army! ... the UK will never be a part of an EU army,' said a spokesman.

EU emblazoned army vehicles taking part in war games on Salisbury Plain | World | News

Daily Express‎ - 14 hours ago

More news for EU army in the UK

More news for EU army in the UK

Military of the European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_European_Union

1. Cached

2. Similar

The military of the European Union comprises the various cooperative structures that have ..... The European Corps, often shortened as Eurocorps, is an army corps of .... It is distinct from the similarly named UK Joint Expeditionary Force.

UK, Central Europe frown at Juncker's European army – EurActiv.com

http://www.euractiv.com/section/.../uk-central-europe-frown-at-juncker-s-european-army/

1. Cached

A spokesman for the Cameron government told EurActiv UK: “Our position is crystal clear that defence is a national, not an EU responsibility and that there is no ...

It is an EU army that could bring about war - The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/it-is-an-eu-army-that-could-bring-about-war/

1. Cached

9 May 2016 - An EU Army could spell the end of the British Army as we know it Credit: ... Those who argue that the UK could veto an EU army, or that the UK ...

EU army fears as Defence Secretary calls for further integration with ...

http://www.express.co.uk/.../uk/.../EU-army-fears-Defence-Secretary-Michael-Fallon-furthe...

1. Cached

22 Apr 2016 - FEARS British armed forces could be dragged into an EU army have escalated after Michael Fallon said UK troops should further integrate with ...

MEP says Brussels army is 'only way' to protect Europe | Politics ...

http://www.express.co.uk/.../EU-army-closer-Brexit-Brussels-control-forces-MEP-protect-E...

1. Cached

9 May 2016 - FEARS that Britain will be forced to join an EU army if the country votes ... July, after the UK referendum next month but was leaked in advance.

EU referendum: Brussels plots military merger if UK stays in which ...

http://www.express.co.uk/.../uk/.../EU-referendum-Brussels-plot-military-merger-UK-stay-i...

1. Cached

29 Feb 2016 - End of the British Army? EU plots 'scandalous' military merger if UK votes to stay in. THE EU is to launch a £3 BILLION defence research and ...

The Beano is more credible than the Express.

Why does the European Union remind me of FIFA:madgrin:

Because they're both run by Johnny Foreigner. I'm surprised you didn't mention ISIS or the Fourth Reich.

I'm not convinced Bremain is done and dusted. I think this a tactic of the pro brexit media (the Toryograph, the Daily Mail) to demotivate Bremainers from voting altogether.

What's the point of turning up to vote when we've already won.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the electorate wants to stay in the EU, warts and all, but the ones turning up to vote will be the ones with a lot of time on their hands, like pensioners and the unemployed, an they are likely to vote out.

• 2 weeks later...

The benefits of leaving the EU:

- beer would be free for all

- holidays abroad would also be free

- unemployment to zero

- minimum wage £35 an hour

- we can smoke in pubs again!

- new trade agreements with USA and China, but on our terms, because we're bigger than them

- roads will be pretty much empty because we know it's the foreigners who clog them

- no more floodings

- crime will go to zero, just like before we entered the EU

- pedophilia will be virtually extint. Jimmy Saville was a Polish immigrant

- Farage, Gove, Johnson. One of these will become the new king of England, after killing the other two

- we can finally get rid of the Scots and the Welsh

The CAG team needs to sort themselves out. They are free to make inflammatory comments but our posts are being censored. Double standards?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks