• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear! VF at its usual best.

As a matter of urgency, I would get copies of your credit file just to ensure that VF haven't been silly with placing markers or defaults on it. VF are ruddy quick at adding them and taking ages to remove them.

At the same time, WRITE to Vodafone (no emails or live chats or phone calls) making a Formal Complaint as I'll bet they haven't been treating this matter as such and therefore can take as long as they like to resolve. Once you have made them formally aware of the complaint, they have 8 weeks to resolve and if they fail to do so, you can go to the Ombudsman.

While there may be little in the way of account info, it may be worth getting copies of them via a SAR.

As for the debt collector, ignore them as they are attempting collection on behalf of Vodafone and VF are still responsible for it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks fornthe.prompt response to this.

I have checked the credit score and you're right Vodafone have marked it down (on an otherwise flawless score). I just knew it :-x

I will write a complaint to Vodafone and mention the credit rating issue. Are they also capable of putting this right again though? Would it be worth including copies.of the 'chat' that took place when the problems.began? Yes

Thanks.again for any info.

I would print out the live char in its entirety and highlight the areas where VF have screwed up. Demand that the marker is removed using their rapid access facility with the credit reference agencies. (they don't like you to know that they have this facility)

If you are planning to apply for any form of credit in the immediate future, this marker will have an effect on that application. As it stands, while there is any dispute with an account, they should not be placing anything on your credit file.

You are able to add a Notice of Correction to the offending entry to explain why it is there (max 200 words) Creditors must take this into account when making decisions.

If, for example, you applied for a credit card with a cheap rate but were offered a higher rate card due to the credit file entry, this could lead to an action by you for compensation.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I think you have made a good start with your letter to VF with those bullet points and I would use them as part of the middle section of your Formal Complaint to them.

Start the letter by complaining about the way you have been treated, put the bullet points next and in the final piece, put what you would want VF to do to put things right.

Keep the complaint as short as possible but include the print outs and send copies with the complain to show where VF have gone so wrong.

Any resolution MUST include the erasure of all credit file markers as it was their error that made it appear. If they refuse then you can take further action.

Vodafone hate being taken to court and would rather settle that be shown up to be the terrible company they are.

Chipper, BankFodders PM inbox is always full so it is far better to email him at this address. [email protected]. Please be aware that the CAG software sometimes adds spaces to email addresses so ensure that if there is a space just delete the space.

Those terms and conditions mean very little as they are generally generic in nature and while they are supposed to offer a service, there is usually a get out for them. There are various terms on the VF website so you would need to find the one applied to your account (which may be the one above)

The simple fact is, you contracted VF to provide a service, you then cancelled and asked for a PAC code. As this was not actioned in time, you incurred an extra bill or two which has now been sent to a debt collector.

The simple solution now is for VF to recall this 'debt', cancel it and clean up your credit file alongside one of their famous 'Goodwill Gestures'

Sounds simple doesn't it, Not for Vodafone!

• 2 weeks later...

JEEZ!

I suspect this is an automated process activated by what happens with the account. Even if it is automated, there should be safeguards in place to stop this sort of thing.

If any of these letters state in any way that your credit file may be affected, it is important that you ensure that if VF file anything further while this account is in dispute, you reserve the right to take further action against them.

I would give them a ring but record the call. Some mobile phones have this facility installed, others can be used with an app but by far the easiest way is using two phones.

Work out how to record from your mobile phone then use a landline to ring them, recors what excuse they give you and at the same time, get their agreement to store their recording of the call, otherwise it will be deleted.

I am going to re read this thread to see if there has been anything missed.

Nothing much more to add except that Vodafone are in breach of their own terms and conditions. There was no network issues that caused the problem as you could make calls. It was purely down to their extremely poor customer service.

In my opinion, due to VFs breach, you are not bound by the terms and conditions even if they added the line " If one term is deemed unlawful, the remaining terms will continue" (or something like that.

It is my belief that Consumer Protection Regulations will protect you as VF are in breach and these new letters could amount to harassment which is now a criminal act. I was only reading a guide earlier today which you may find interesting.

Follow the link and look at the guides.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/unfair-contract-terms-cma37

Please calculate how long you have had to spend on this issue then multiply it by your hourly working rate then add on any call charges you have incurred and any postal/stationery costs then present VF with the bill.

As well as clearing this account, removing all traces from your credit file and offering one of their oh so famous 'Goodwill Gestures' you want compensating for the time and effort you have been forced to do.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
Barring from a few individual employees (Lee on CAG, Wayne in the Wigan store and the Manager at Middlebrook Store), i can safely say that Vodafone have provided me with one of my worst ever customer/consumer experiences and the fact that they have to employ someone like Lee to help people who have found this site in their desperation to resolve their customer problem says lots about the company.

I was passed from pillar to post, i had my credit rating lowered, my personal details have been given to debt collection agencies, i spent hours upon hours talking to people in foreign call centres (who i could hardly understand), i was lied to on so many occasions it's unbelievable. NEVER will i have any dealings with Vodafone again an i suggest that people reading this thread seriously consider their options before signing an agreement with Vodafone.

Thanks go to the guys on CAG for their support. I shall be making a donation to this invaluable site.

Nice post there BUT.. has this actually been resolved and if so, what did they do? (including your credit rating)

Excellent. I will mark this thread resolved but in the future if it all goes wrong again, come back to this thread and update us.

You would have thought shop staff could do many things to get it right for the customer but the blame lies solely with the directors. They are the ones that dictate downwards to managers then the underlings. I suspect not all staff get computer access to every part of the system, just what their role allows. This is where it is going wrong.

Vodafone should be training more staff in customer services so that when something goes 'off script' they have the knowledge to assist, not rely on the 'computer says no'

An example I have seen a few times is when there is a genuine dispute over a bill, instead of suspending action, VF default the customer which is wrong as placing a default MUST reflect the true position. An account in dispute is a prime example.

• 2 weeks later...

Now what was it I said on post 31. :|

Vodafone do not have a debt collections department as such so does the email state Vodafone in the senders details or is this Freds again.

As it stands, the agency are acting on behalf of Vodafone so they are ultimately responsible for the debt collectors actions.

Harassment is a criminal offence and as such, you could report them to your local plod but I doubt they will do much as they won't understand the new rights given to consumers

I will remove that bit for you.

Just to be clear, it is my opinion that no one will actually take court action against you. They just use scare tactics. Vodafone should have recalled this 'debt' from the agency as part of the resolution. By failing to do so, you can escalate this further.

Is your credit file showing as clean?

Just so happens today that I got an Ofcom update for complaints data.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints-mar16/?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints-mar16

Vodafone complaints in the last quarter shot up from 20 complaints per 100,000 to 32 complaints per 100.000. This may not seem to be much in the grand scheme of things but when the industry average is 10 per 100,000 it speaks volumes about Vodafone.

EE were the most complained about company at the beginning of 2014 but even then, they were half the amount than Vodafone. Now, EE is alongside ALL the other major providers with a below industry average score. Everybody else gets better. Vodafone get worse. Speaks volumes.

Instead of wiping their backsides, you should rub their noses in it. Some people think that is a way to teach dogs not to sh*t on their own doorstep. Did I just call Vodafone dogs? I couldn't possibly comment :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Time to stop messing with the minions. Gi higher.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Personally, I would CC every name listed above. Some may pass this on to another director but one of them may take an interest.