DRP for G24 Ltd - Notice of intended court action over parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice.

In May I overstayed in a car park for 20 minutes while waiting to have my kids faces painted at the Smythes toy store,

at the time I didn't know that there was a time limit for the car park

only found out a few weeks after when a letter came through showing my car entering and leaving the car park

and requesting I pay a £60 parking charge.

After reading up about these things I choose to ignore the letters,

last month I then received a letter from DRP saying they had been requested by G24 Ltd to recover the charge which had now gone up to £160,

once again I ignored it thinking they were just bluffing.

I've now received and even more threating letter stating that this is a notice of intended court action if the sum of £160 is not paid by the 18/12/15,

they then go on to quote the Beavis v Parking Eye Ltd where they say the parking charge was legally enforceable,

and if it goes to court I would Be liable for additional costs from the creditors plus court fees and solicitors costs.

So what should I do?

Ignore it?

The photo of my car entering the car park doesn't even show who the driver is,

I've also since been back to the car park and there is a s small sign on the entrance

and a few put up in different places around the car park.

I can't afford £160 especially this time of year and it's starting to worry me.

Hope some one can help, thanks.

I have a question please. Does the letter say they will commence court action or more that they could/may, etc? Is there a wording like they will recommend to their client to commence court action?

None of these mean they will go ahead. Please tell the guys as much as you can, it will help them to advise you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's quite normal. As you say, it's a shock and it's only when you go back to look at the actual words that you realise they could be trying it on. We frequently see people like this saying they will recommend to their client to take court action, I don't think they often do.

Let's see what the forum guys say, they know more than I do. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

this is commonly called a threatogram as the dca have no rights to claim anything

so they carefully dress up the wording of the letter to make you think that it says something serious when it doesnt.

You can safely ignore anything from DR+ and this letter just means that they have spent the £15 they have been paid to send out scary letters

and you wont hear from them again.

this is commonly called a threatogram as the dca have no rights to claim anything

so they carefully dress up the wording of the letter to make you think that it says something serious when it doesnt.

You can safely ignore anything from DR+ and this letter just means that they have spent the £15 they have been paid to send out scary letters

and you wont hear from them again.

Hi, Good advice there from EB. DR+ have absolutely no power whatsoever. They could just as easily recommend that that the PPC take your first born child but it is just a recommendation.

It is up to the PPC to decide what action to take. DR+ are pet debt collectors to the parking industry.

The only time to react is if a Letter Before Action or court papers turn up when more assistance can be offered.

In the meantime, go back (if possible) and photograph the signs at the entrance and around the site.

One thing has occurred to me. You say you parked in May yet the first letter was 'a few weeks later'

Can you clarify what date you parked and what date you received the first letter.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, Good advice there from EB. DR+ have absolutely no power whatsoever. They could just as easily recommend that that the PPC take your first born child but it is just a recommendation.

It is up to the PPC to decide what action to take. DR+ are pet debt collectors to the parking industry.

The only time to react is if a Letter Before Action or court papers turn up when more assistance can be offered.

In the meantime, go back (if possible) and photograph the signs at the entrance and around the site.

One thing has occurred to me. You say you parked in May yet the first letter was 'a few weeks later'

Can you clarify what date you parked and what date you received the first letter.

Thanks for the reply.

I received the first letter from G24 about 2 weeks after I parked there in May, I ignored this and didn't get another from them until about a month or so after that. I then heard no more until DR+ contacted me last month.

Thanks for the reply.

I received the first letter from G24 about 2 weeks after I parked there in May, I ignored this and didn't get another from them until about a month or so after that. I then heard no more until DR+ contacted me last month.

Exact dates please.

Date of parking event and date the NTK hit your doormat?

G24 are f@&¥₩!% s who don't do court.

Post up a redacted copy of the NTK and photos of the signage please and we'll show you some reasons why they would lose if they did...

following. i received the same from the same companies. in my case it was dark and the signs were 10 feet up on posts, i'm 5 ft 2. i also parked at 7.55pm, five minutes before the shop closed. they didn't have what i wanted so i left the car there in a completely empty car park of a closed shop. i got a ticket for being there for more than 90 minutes although the signage when i finally found it, says that you cn only park fr 45 minutes