Taximan v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just sent off Data Protection Act Request, sent it recorded to address on Trinity Street Halifax, I started adding charges from statements and it appears they may owe me a few thousand pounds.

Will keep you informed of how things progress here.

How long do they usually take to respond to Data Protection Act request?

No, sorry to cause alarm!!!

I just meant that if you receive your bank statements on 29th you will have a nice time going through highlighting your bank charges!!

All the best and keep us posted.

xox

Springer :p

• 4 weeks later...

Received My Statements today and am shocked at how much they have taken its over £5,000.

they took over £300.00 in one week alone. seems like they are taking the mickey when you look back, they even started to lump the charges together at one stage I.E Charges as notified £78.00

Unbelievable.

Anyway I am just checking my addition before I send the lettesr before action..

Keep you all informed

Taxi

Taximan,

You send your preliminary request for payment letter first - just being picky:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

First of all i would like to say thanks for all the info on this forum, the letter templates provided make the whole process very easy and straight forward. I have received an offer from Halifax.

I sent of my LBA on the 28th and recweived an offer by return on the 30th December .

I have been offered £3900.00 and my claim was for £4870.00.

Do I need to respond to this offer or do I just send off the court claim after the 14 Days has expired.

or should i write in accepting their ofer as partial settlement.

Thanks

Taxi

When I was offered about 50% of my claim, I sent the rejection of settlement letter off to them - felt that it might spur them on to offering more before the 14 days were up and court time.

It didn't - will be filing my N1 tomorrow (as long as there's no huge queue of other claimants in my lunch hour!) but I just thought that I should respond to show I am entering into a correspondence with them and not just charging into the court without giving them the chance to up the ante.

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 2 weeks later...

To do the last two posts together - MCOL require you to submit a claim, which you've now done. You have sent the Hx a copy of your schedule previously, so they are aware of the claim and the amount. If you've updated this then you should send them a new copy - if you put new charges on since the last copy for instance.

Some people say you should send copies of the schedule to MCOL by post, you don't need to at this stage. Only if the Hx put in a defence, and it's moved to a local court, would you have to send the supporting documentation.

It's now a waiting game, you've made your claim and have to wait for the time to run through. If Hx are true to form, they'll file a defence, but then pay up in full.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.