Cabot chasing Cap1 card debt - getting close to SB time

scoggins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all bare with me as I tell my tale( Or wife's tale).

In April 2009 I sent a CCA request to Cap1 disputeing the debt.

After no CCA only an application form

I put the account into dispute, beliveing that would stop the interest.

Unbeknown to me my wife used the card in September 2009 but I was still making monthly payment.

At the beginning of January 2010 I wrote to Cap 1 offering a goodwill gesture

but accepting no liability to pay-off the balance at a figure from September's balance minus the PPI on it, they refused.

In the middle of January 2010 I stopped making payments as they would obviously take more notice.

3 DCA's later I heard nothing until July of this year.

Last month I received two letters, in the same envelope,

one from Cap1 thee other Cabot saying Cabot now owned the account..

This week Cabot sent me a letter asking me to get in touch.

Now I believe I am 3 months away from getting it SB'd

however finances are good

I do not mind paying but not at the amount quoted as it increased drastically from when I stopped paying.

Do I ask Cabor for a CCA request and do I ask for a SAR?

Any help but be very much appreciated as I haven't had to deal with any of this for around 3 years

and the confidence as waned, although it's probably because the finishing line is in sight.

Also should a do a credit check or could this flag the account as comming to almost 6 years.

Thank you and sorry for the long read

Hello all bare with me as I tell my tale( Or wife's tale).

In April 2009 I sent a CCA request to Cap1disputeing the debt.

After no CCA only an application form I put the account into dispute, beliveing that would stop the interest.

Unbeknown to me my wife used the card in September 2009 but I was still making monthly payment.

At the beginning of January 2010 I wrote to Cap 1 offering a goodwill gesture but accepting no liability to pay-off the balance at a figure from September's balance minus the PPI on it, they refused.

In the middle of January 2010 I stopped making payments as they would obviously take more notice.

3 DCA's later I heard nothing until July of this year.

Last month I received two letters, in the same envelope, one from Cap1 thee other Cabot saying Cabot now owned the account..

This week Cabot sent me a letter asking me to get in touch.

Now I believe I am 3 months away from getting it SB'd however finances are good so I do not mind paying but not at the amount quoted as it increased drastically from when I stoop paying.

Do I ask Cabor for a CCA request and do I ask for a SAR?

Any help but be very much appreciated as I haven't had to deal with any of this for around 3 years and the confidence as waned, although it's probably because the finishing line is in sight.

Also should a do a credit check or could this flag the account as comming to almost 6 years.

Thank you and sorry for the long read

Yes send them a CCA request, as that should stop enforcement until they have complied with your request. See what they come back with.

I believe credit checks do flag up to creditors, given the reports of this on CAG.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

I am of the same opinion that when anyone checks their credit file and these file have been tagged by the likes of Cabot, they are alerted however, no one has yet provided absolute proof of this.

As this 'debt' is with Cabot, I agree with sending the CCA request to them but also, send Cap1 a Subject Access Request (SAR) to get all the details on this account. I would expect loads of charges added to the account.

Did you have PPI? Did you want it?

If you choose to write, make sure you head any letter to Cabot, "I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE