Cancelling a service

John333
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could not see a forum for this, please move if needed :)

We got a quote yesterday for a carp et cleaning service (Northern England). It came it at £295 for the 3 bedroom house. We thought this was a lot but said okay. However, on reflection we thought it wasn't worth it as we will be replacing all the carpets anyway (its a new house). And further they were in worse condition than we though (smelt of animal urine). So we have hired a skip and will remove them.

We then cancelled first thing this morning. The appointment is for tomorrow morning. However, I just got a missed call and he doesn't sound happy.

What are my rights?

Thanks

All contracts are verbal, from the Latin "verbum" meaning "words" whether written or spoken. A contract that is not in written form therefore is oral.

Even if the agreement was done face to face on business premises the customer will still need to be given an invoice or contract stipulating the service to be carried out with any Non-cancellable terms for any oral agreement to be enforceable

A caveat such as "This service agreement is Non-cancellable"

I got stung many years ago with welcome finance and a Non=Cancellable finance agreement as it was signed on trade premises