• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Endeavour Personal Finance/Ocean Finance/Ocwen PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently trying to sort out the details of a PPI Claim involving Endeavour/Ocean/Ocwen for my nanna and grandad.

They took out a loan with Endeavour Personal Finance Ltd. on 01/09/1997 for £6000 plus £720 PPI, total £6720, for 60 months, monthly payment £159.45.

Ocean Finance were the brokers and they were told that in order for them to get the loan they would need to take out PPI.

As they were in desperate need of the loan they had no choice but to take it out with the PPI.

In January 1999 they took out a second loan with Ocwen Limited, Ocean Finance were the brokers again. Again same story, they had to take out the PPI in order to get the loan. So the loan was £10000, plus an extra £1000 PPI, total £11000 over 60 months, at £253.11 monthly repayments.

They used part of the second loan to pay off the first loan. So the loan of £11000 from Ocwen Limited was disbursed as follows:

Derbyshire Building Society = £163 - buildings insurance

Ocwen Financial Services Ltd. = £1000 - assume this is the PPI company/underwriters?

Endeavour Personal Finance Ltd. = £5808.68 - first loan settlement balance

My nanna and grandad got the rest = £4028.32

I have the original letter from Endeavour with the settlement figure calculation

Balance of loan principal outstanding £5472.56

Notional interest to end of agreement £1651.54

Total repayable before deducting rebate £7124.10

LESS rebate £5808.68

I have all the paperwork including credit agreements, both loans had the PPI box ticked already single premium for both.

They were both regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. I have most of the statements as well

I wrote to Endeavour and Ocwen quite a few months ago to ask for the original application form to try to establish if ocean finance added the PPI on or if it was added onto the credit agreement from endeavour and ocwen. And also I wanted to know the name of the underwriter of the insurance. I never got a reply from endeavour, that is possibly because I sent it to the wrong address I'm not sure. But GE Money (new name for Ocwen) replied and they had this to say. Unfortunately as the account was redeemed more than six years ago, we no longer hold the files. However, there was a payment protection policy taken out on this account for £1000. We do not hold any other details.

My questions are:

1) Who do I contact re PPI refund, as Ocean Finance are no longer trading.

2) What information do I send to them with the claim, do I send the original paperwork copies?

I know that the FOS have no jurisdiction as it was from such a long time ago and I believe they were not regulated by them at the time. Is there any point in filling out the FOS questionnaire if they cannot do anything about it?

Any help is appreciated, I have seen other peoples responses from these companies and it doesn't look good, so any advice on how to approach this would be great.

Thanks,

Abbi

Link 1 below outlines how to calc the claim

Yes use the fos questionnaire too

Ge never cough so forget them

Use our search cag in the top red toolbar for endeavour

I'm sure there's info already here

If not I'll look later

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't forget HFC/HSBC are involved in this i bet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I've got nowhere with this lot either. Think it's a lost cause. My case is similar on a much larger scale so talking about a lot of money. It's all relative though isn't it. I wasn't happy at the time but we had no choice. I've since calculated they made me pay twice for the ppi on both loans and they were both paid off after 3 months. Same. First one paid off by second one and then that one 2 moths later. Two lots of ppi. No transfer of ppi. Surely that's incompetent so why would they be allowed to get away with it by way of a company name change. The FOS are no use. Sigh!