Tommee tippee perfect prep machine - faulty. Bought in sale. Only refund !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January I bought a perfect prep machine in the sales as it was around £60 iirc instead of the full £120.

Fast forward to today and we have noticed the machine is giving water that is not the correct temperature. Far too hot or stone cold. Not ideal for 6 month old baby.

I've called tommee tippee directly and they will replace after I send the item back to them and they receive it... A long drawn out process.

They advised to call asda direct who would replace the item as its them I bought it from and it should be faster.

So I called asda direct to be told that all they offer is a refund. No replacement at all.

Now, under normal circumstances and this would be okay but as I explained at the start of my post, this was bought in a sale. So it's now double the price to go and buy another!

Do I have any persuasion with this at all ? We don't want a refund, we want a working safe item.

I think ASDA would be meeting their obligations under SOGA offering a refund of what you paid. So if the manufacturer is offering a replacement, that might be more appealing to you.

You could go back to ASDA to say manufacturer is wiiling to replace, but ASDA only offering purchase price refund. Is there anything they can do, such as referring to a manager to get a replacement instead.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well. Just had a call from a case manager from dot com.

He has added £60 of vouchers to my account to compensate the price difference, so just need to return the broken one to store and order another. Still not as easy as them just changing it over but not out of pocket :) he agreed that I shouldn't pay more now as its faulty.