Bank charging to open account

Spongey27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You mean as an initial deposit, or as a fee for opening the account? Certainly there's nothing to stop them doing this in the first instance as clearly they need some of your money to manage. If the latter, that's one heck of a fee, and I'd look elsewhere. I think the Nationwide still only want £1 as an initial deposit (but would accept more if you pressed them!).

You mean as an initial deposit, or as a fee for opening the account? Certainly there's nothing to stop them doing this in the first instance as clearly they need some of your money to manage. If the latter, that's one heck of a fee, and I'd look elsewhere. I think the Nationwide still only want £1 as an initial deposit (but would accept more if you pressed them!).

The money is to open the account. They said it only has to stay in the bank overnight. I'm pretty sure my lloyds account only needed a pound. I think a hundred is ridiculous though.

This sounds like you've applied for their new high interest account. If it is, then it's part of the operating conditions of this account. You should check their terms and conditions on the account as that's where I just found it.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Hi, I think this is pretty standard for Halifax, my partner opened an account with them for a parachute account and he had to deposit 100 pound on opening, he put it in on a Saturday morning and took it all back out on the Monday to put back in his Nationwide account.

HSBC Prelim sent 7/8 for £1062 -

Give me my money!!

LBA sent 16/8 (thanks to Debs77!!)

Offer received 24/8 £995 - accepted

Nationwide Prelim sent 5/9 for £3090.50

Nothing heard - LBA sent 20/9

Letter received telling us to go bank elsewhere if we are not happy - We will when we get our money thanks!

MCOL filed 8/11

Part payments received 16/11

Notice to defend 17/11