style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No timescale as such, only in a reasonable time.

The grievance could be on bullying as an example, that develops over a protracted period before the victim decides to take action.

Unlawful deduction of wages has to be done within three months to enable it to go to an Employment Tribunal or timed barred

Can you give me an idea as to the nature of the grievance and i can be better to advise then

My experience is 20 years as a Trade Union Rep

Edited by obiter dictum

You must submit the grievance to your employer

I would send it by email myself direct to the department head or direct to HR if that is not possible

Any Tribunal will need to be shown that you tried every avenue to debate the grievance with your employer prior to regulatory action.

Even if the employer dismisses your grievance, you have a paper trail to show you submitted it.

You then have three months less one day to submit a claim to the Tribunal service. ACAS can hold the time scales by a month though

Fair enough, due to what I've gone through and how long it has been going on I think you would understand why I can't discuss it on here as I work for a large well known company and my complaint is quite unusual and specific and it would be obvious that it's me.

Data protection breach of medical files consistently and managerial bullying when confronted.

Breach still going on despite being forced to move department because of it and because my ex manager has denied it, her manager will not entertain my grievance because she said she didn't do it.

I have proof, lots of it.

I've had to join another Trade Union because the one i've been in have been dealing with too many cases where people are being sacked because I am not about to lose my job they don't see it as urgent as other cases.

they can of course investigate it very quickly and dismiss it. Which may feel the same as no investigation....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Yes, they can reasonably refuse to hear a grievance if it's vexatious, has been heard before, or falls within another policy, such as a complaint about a disciplinary procedure if the appeal is outstanding.

They could also refuse it it isn't a complaint about a statutory right if the employee has under two years service. The ACAS Code still theoretically applies but as there's no remedy available the employer could just not bother hearing it!

If none of these apply then they need to hear it.