Partial Settlement Offered

abracadabra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well well well,

Today I received a letter from HSBC offering me £440 out of my £491 in charges back. The letter states that although they believe the charges to be fair and defensible in court, they just don't have the time and...er...money to let it go to the courts.

"If your claim for a refund proceeded to Court, we believe we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to these fees."

"HSBC is, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in relation to such a claim."

The slithering of serpents' bellys on the tiled floor of HSBC Leeds?

I am surprised to receive a letter of this nature so early on in the process, as I was only about to send my Letter Before Action (LBA) today.

I sent Preliminary Approach for Repayment letters to two people:

David Lewis

Head of Customer Relations

Level 36

8 Canada Square

London

E14 5HQ

Phil Beaumont

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre

Milshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

The letter I received today was signed by Colin Langdale.

He works at the Leeds address above, and is a colleague of Phil Beaumont there.

I now have 10 days to sign and send the 'full and final settlement' sheet attached, and wait 7 working days (upon their receipt of my acceptance) for my bank account to be credited.

A question I have to all of you out there is...what should I do?

It's £50 short of the full amount claimed, but do I really want to go through the rest of the process now for that £50. Of course the principle of the matter still stands, but hey, I've just been offered £440 from a bank which, satisfyingly for me, clearly doesn't want to take any chances in the courts.

Thanks,

Abracadabra

No, they wouldn't put it into your account until the matter has been settled.

It can be different depending on who it is. I don't think there is a set time anymore with the claims. I got my offer a couple of weeks after I filed at court.

The good thing about going that far is you get to add the 8% interest on thus getting a bit more in return for your troubles. Bad thing, it obviously takes longer to get your money back!!

Dani

Well well well,

Today I received a letter from HSBC offering me £440 out of my £491 in charges back. The letter states that although they believe the charges to be fair and defensible in court, they just don't have the time and...er...money to let it go to the courts.

"If your claim for a refund proceeded to Court, we believe we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to these fees."

"HSBC is, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in relation to such a claim."

Hi,

I recieved an almost identical letter........from Mr. Langdale aswell. I did'nt sign the statment though as I want them to closed my account. My proposal was that I would accept if they used part of their offer to clear the account so that it could be closed. They said they would credit my account within 7 days of reciept and so I gave them 7 days from the 26th Oct which is when they would have recieved it. Time now expired, no sign of any money!

My MCOL is due to start on Tuesday and I havent received a single thing! no phone call, no letter, no nothing. It seems like the Leeds branch seem to be getting in touch with people more than Ian Shepherd at Coventry. :mad:

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected